/hangs head in shame
11:10, Thu 10 Jan
Booooo!
Jim
11:37, Thu 10 Jan
And he can't spell shysters
11:46, Thu 10 Jan
Jim
Alright, alright. I'm getting more grief than the EFL on here!
11:58, Thu 10 Jan
Slightly Turbid
Spike
Yeah, interesting.

The Bolton situation is an absolute joke and reflects terribly on the EFL - even I have been banging on about that since the summer and I know nothing.

This is why (as I have also kept saying) the EFL will have trouble enforcing any punishments on P and S because the system is a joke, is being rafted left right and centre - and that is obvious to anybody.

Still. As we know. We are not allowed to mention stuff like that because it's just whining apparently. We simply have to acknowledge that we breached the rules and accept a damned good thrashing without pointing out that the situation is bizarre and that other clubs are taking the piss.

Fair point but we were stupid/incompetent enough to break the rules (flagrantly where the Pedersen signing was concerned) instead of craftily circumventing them like others.

1 - We do have to acknowledge we breached the rules.
2 - We don't have to 'accept a damned good thrashing' at all. Part of our ongoing discussions/mitigation/forthcoming hearing will surely be pointing out the behaviour of others as you rightly mention. This is ongoing, so let's see how much that helps us.
3 - What's bizarre about our situation? The Mayors of this world have been saying for as long as anyone cares to remember what a shit show we are. It's clear as mud.
4 - Bolton need dealing with. Agree.
12:06, Thu 10 Jan
Without going back over well trodden ground, it's not just about OUR situation.

It's the whole situation of FFP / Profit and Sustainability.

We do not exist in our own bubble, the whole point is that we are part of a collective.

As you seem to agree, we could and should be absolutely tying the EFL in knots and - whilst accepting our own wrong-doing - pointing out all the other inconsistencies in compliance and enforcement. Perhaps we are doing that, like you say - we'll see.

Not sure we've got people of the calibre to do it though.

Not sure the EFL have either for that matter.
12:35, Thu 10 Jan
One of the chairmen - was it the chap at Wednesday? - basically said every team fails FFP/P&S. If they "pass" it's accounting sleight of hand.
12:43, Thu 10 Jan
It's a shambles, I do agree. I am also of the opinion the Boltons of this world are a bigger problem than Blues, Villa or anyone else as long as the latter pay their bills.
That said, the way Blues appear to be run, with loan after loan funding things and the 202 per cent wages to turnover ratio, is absolutely absurd and anything which encourages this situation to be improved isn't to be sniffed at in my opinion.
Blues though, as you say, should absolutely be saying hang on, let's have a little look elsewhere too.
12:57, Thu 10 Jan
bluearmyfaction
One of the chairmen - was it the chap at Wednesday? - basically said every team fails FFP/P&S. If they "pass" it's accounting sleight of hand.

I think that's probably accurate. The biggest reason I'm mad at TPTB at Blues is because they were either too arrogant or incompetent to do the same things - and then compounded that with the Pedersen deal.
13:03, Thu 10 Jan
I'm with you in that anything which involves actual, proper, financial responsibility is absolutely to be encouraged.

It would have to be done properly though, and this isn't. It's crap. And yes I know we signed up to it but I'm quite sure we had no idea how rubbish it would turn out, and I'm sure other clubs didn't either. And clearly the EFL never thought it through properly either. They are certainly making a backside out of implementing it.

Again - without going back over old ground, if you are going to talk about profit and sustainability then do it properly. Any system which allows a business to lose £39 million over three years has no business talking about sustainability. Neither does a system which rewards people for cooking the accounts.

As somebody said above, probably every club breaches - but for most it's acceptable because they follow the prescribed and accepted book cooking procedure.

Either do it properly, or don't do it.
13:08, Thu 10 Jan
El Mayor
Heard this am Ken Anderson got in touch with Blues back in 2014 saying he'd got an investor online, and that he wanted to meet.

Just before he met with people from the club, he faxed his broker agreement which guaranteed him 5% of the sale price - which would stand for 2 years if the club was sold to anyone else.

As you can imagine, Blues told him to foxtrot oscar.

I must be missing something here.

Isn't it just standard practice to pay an arrangement fee when someone's acting as an intermediary in the purchase of a business? In my experience, people normally ask for 5-10%, or agree to use the Lehman Formula.
13:32, Thu 10 Jan
Can't and wouldn't want to argue with any of that. The 58 lives Portsmouth received was incredible. Football has its own set of rules.
13:40, Thu 10 Jan
I.P.F
El Mayor
Heard this am Ken Anderson got in touch with Blues back in 2014 saying he'd got an investor online, and that he wanted to meet.

Just before he met with people from the club, he faxed his broker agreement which guaranteed him 5% of the sale price - which would stand for 2 years if the club was sold to anyone else.

As you can imagine, Blues told him to foxtrot oscar.

I must be missing something here.

Isn't it just standard practice to pay an arrangement fee when someone's acting as an intermediary in the purchase of a business? In my experience, people normally ask for 5-10%, or agree to use the Lehman Formula.

Missed the bit in bold. If someone else bought blues without involving Ken Anderson in a two year period after he signed the agreement, he still wanted paying.
13:53, Thu 10 Jan
Not that good, Sisyphean requires a capital.

Requires a google for me as well 😱
17:12, Thu 10 Jan
Bolton can't pay their players but Ken Anderson is taking home £525,000 and his wife, listed as a director, is taking home £125,000. Football is f*cked. The EFL are a joke.
17:36, Thu 10 Jan
El Mayor
Missed the bit in bold. If someone else bought blues without involving Ken Anderson in a two year period after he signed the agreement, he still wanted paying.
Not surprised he tried that on - after all something similar did happen with Seymour Pierce...
08:27, Fri 11 Jan
He's sent an email to the fans now:

[www.theboltonnews.co.uk]