21:17, Thu 10 Jan
Thank effin hell we've got these people looking after us.
God bless them
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
21:47, Thu 10 Jan
Just me then. You're missing out
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
21:50, Thu 10 Jan
Totally agree, really winds me up when I hear people slagging the NHS.

Mrs works for them and some of the stuff she tells me about the demands of some of the patients is unreal, usually a certain sort of person.. jobless, baghead snidey tramps.
21:54, Thu 10 Jan
Not watching but when my lad was in the childrens he received superb care.

Top men and women.
21:54, Thu 10 Jan
Really feel for that dad with the son who has a brain tumour .
11:56, Fri 11 Jan
Regardless of political affiliations the NHS is the jewel in this country’s crown it is envied the world over.
The people that work at our hospitals really are some of this country’s unsung hero’s.
God bless them all.👏🏼
12:02, Fri 11 Jan
Having lived and worked through Europe over last 20 years - i hate to tell you this but many would not swap their systems for ours.

Admired in many ways but not envied. Compared to many other healthcare systems patient outcomes are not as good and wait times are not as long. And before any one jumps on me - i wouldnt give it up and am not slating the workforce but it could most definitely be better.
12:06, Fri 11 Jan
Mrs works for them and some of the stuff she tells me about the demands of some of the patients is unreal, usually a certain sort of person.. jobless, baghead snidey tramps

A good friend of mine also works at Heartlands and he tells me exactly the same, unfortunately it’s healthcare for everyone. His solution would be to treat the regular scummers in the car park.
12:10, Fri 11 Jan
My Dad worked for the NHS for around 30 years. Always used to kill me when he talked of the money they used to waste on defending the service against needless litigation, usually a member of the public slipping on a bit of stray ice in the car park.
@stevanderman
12:10, Fri 11 Jan
Having lived and worked through Europe over last 20 years - i hate to tell you this but many would not swap their systems for ours.

Admired in many ways but not envied. Compared to many other healthcare systems patient outcomes are not as good and wait times are not as long. And before any one jumps on me - i wouldnt give it up and am not slating the workforce but it could most definitely be better.

Sure it could be better but that takes more money and I would suggest that most people wouldn’t be happy to pay. It is what it is and it is very good at that.👍
12:12, Fri 11 Jan
We take them for granted Rab

They are angels
12:14, Fri 11 Jan
👍
12:15, Fri 11 Jan
Heartlands is my nearest hospital and I am sure I have seen “claim for poor treatment leaflets” around the hospital. How crazy is that..?
12:43, Fri 11 Jan
Its mine too, its a shit hole. Last time i was there were people in the waiting room with their shoes off and resting their feet on chairs its disgusting, i had a go at the bloke, i dont think he could understand me.
12:45, Fri 11 Jan
For most people it goes against the norm to criticise the NHS.

When my dad fell down the stairs i know we had to wait 10 hours from the A & E ward to get to a bed ward, i was under the impression it was due to lack of beds, but on entering the ward it was more or less empty, still trying to work that one out.

After around 5 hours i asked the consultant, would you like this scenario in waiting for a bed to happen to your father, he just shrugged his shoulders.

I would never slag any NHS workers off and always appreciate what they do.
12:47, Fri 11 Jan
Block23one
Heartlands is my nearest hospital and I am sure I have seen “claim for poor treatment leaflets” around the hospital. How crazy is that..?

It's a sad state of affairs isn't it? Too many people about these days that seem clued up on entitlement but less so on how it was achieved. What kind of moron slips over on a car park and is dialling the injury lawyer before they've hit the ground?
@stevanderman
15:09, Fri 11 Jan
Front line staff doctors nurses fantastic - senior management fairly useless, the amount of money wasted is ridiculous as there is no common sense cross check - If three contractors quote £50 for a new lightbulb the cost of the lightbulb is £50 no one can say - but i can get one from Asda for £2.50. When I worked in food industry and needed to get a price increase NHS was always the easiest to get one off.