01:40, Fri 11 Jan
Retiring pretty soonish. It's been a long time coming in truth.
Dong Ren Out.
02:33, Fri 11 Jan
No matter what some might say, he’s been a damn good player and an advocate for British tennis. Good lad.
02:48, Fri 11 Jan
He wore an Argentinian shirt when we played them at football, as far as I’m concerned he can feck orf
02:53, Fri 11 Jan
Walked past him last night in Melbourne.

{Insert Alan Partridge shrug GIF}
06:52, Fri 11 Jan
Incredibly sad, although inevitable news. An amazing competitor with unbelievable “guts” both physically and mentally. No other British sportsmen comes close in those respects, and I doubt we will ever have another tennis player who is even anywhere near his league
07:19, Fri 11 Jan
Radavis
No matter what some might say, he’s been a damn good player and an advocate for British tennis. Good lad.

But when he was crap, he was Scottish.
Goodbye says it all.
07:24, Fri 11 Jan
did this ever happen?
07:36, Fri 11 Jan
ZLAMMER
did this ever happen?
No it didn’t.

It was once claimed that he had a Paraguayan shirt when England were about to play them, and he did once say “Anyone but England” but it was all very much tongue-in-cheek.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]
Quote Fat Buddha: “I might be wrong ...”
07:40, Fri 11 Jan
Sir Heisenberg
ZLAMMER
did this ever happen?
No it didn’t.

It was once claimed that he had a Paraguayan shirt when England were about to play them, and he did once say “Anyone but England” but it was all very much tongue-in-cheek.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Why do the English get so upset, and surprised, at their mistreated colonies rooting against them?
07:44, Fri 11 Jan
That's response of the vast majority of Scottish and Welsh people generally.

Still be the best tennis player we will ever produce
What did the Knights in White satin?
07:46, Fri 11 Jan
Probably the best British sportsman of my lifetime, on so many different levels.

I was there on Centre Court when he won his first Wimbledon.

Priceless.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
DB
08:08, Fri 11 Jan
"I was there on centre court at Wimbledon.."

Thinly veiled:

Linked Image
The Usual Suspect
08:09, Fri 11 Jan
Probably the best British sportsman of my lifetime, on so many different levels.

Priceless.

I watched it in a pub in Brighton, sun was blaring. Great memory :)
08:14, Fri 11 Jan
Exactly. All very 1976. Easy to hate a winner
08:19, Fri 11 Jan
Killie are looking for a winger.
No future.....
08:21, Fri 11 Jan
I was on a beach looking forward to the new football season.
08:33, Fri 11 Jan
Ricky Blotto

Priceless.

I watched it in a pub in Brighton, sun was blaring. Great memory :)

He was feckin' awesome that day. He destroyed Djokovic.

To have climbed to the very top of the mountain, several times, in an era of such greats and from where he came from as a kid is one of British Sport's outstanding achievements.

Great bloke too, which helps.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
footballisanart
Sir Heisenberg
ZLAMMER
did this ever happen?
No it didn’t.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Why do the English get so upset, and surprised, at their mistreated colonies rooting against them?

Great question
08:43, Fri 11 Jan

Priceless.

Better than Best? Charlton? Moore? Cavendish? Wiggins? Calzaghhe? Fury? Wilkinson? Hatton? Froch? Camp?
08:44, Fri 11 Jan
IanT

Priceless.

That would have been a fantastic day. I used to go to wimbledon every year in the past and its a great day out.

Funnily enough i missed this match, due to the fact i had a massive argument with the Mrs, i was in Spain at the time and i flew back to see the stones in hyde park on the saturday and flew back early on the sunday morning, i was shattered and she was expecting me to go here and there and i politely told her what to do and done her nut, when i crashed out on the sun bed.

In the end i couldn't be bothered to watch it, and kind of regret it to this day.