19:20, Fri 11 Jan
Liverpool is rough as feck. Some bloke in the wetherspoons next to lime street threatened to stab me and my pal in there on the night Jerome scored that screamer
19:22, Fri 11 Jan
Rags
I don't think any ground is intimidating once in the ground .

Standing in the home end of Roker Park in early '70s, with blues scarves on, was a bit intimidating!... 😁😁😁
19:36, Fri 11 Jan
70s & 80s anywhere was potentially dangerous. St.Andrews, first couple of seasons back in Div 1, crikey: Wolves, Man U, Spurs, Chelsea stick out, anyone that brought numbers had plenty 'up for it.'...

Most intimidated away: Hull in Bazza's promo season. My health was dipping, so couldn't run if I wanted to, snow in the Midlands put a lot off... Nought on Humberside: word was that we were taking 3-4K, about 1200 braved the weather.

They attacked Blues, women & children, in a pub pre match, tried to break into the away dressing room at HT (Cladger's book.), whilst it was kicking off beneath the stand (2-400 Blues), & were waiting & attacking anyone outside. Hairy...

KRO
Yum, Yum, Gimme Some...
19:55, Fri 11 Jan
Stoke; Cardiff; Millwall; Wolves; Everton.

A few grounds have not lived up to their fans’ reputation. London Stadium last week was as intimating as a visit to the tennis at Wimbledon. Bruges, likewise.

I think our reputation goes before us, and makes other fans think twice about starting anything. So we should be praised for lowering levels of trouble, surely?!
20:01, Fri 11 Jan
Years ago. Wolves, Swansea, Cardiff, Maine Rd, White Hart Lane at night, West Ham, Bristol City.

Always kids scouting “got the time mate” or asking other scores the little feckers.
20:07, Fri 11 Jan
JPMckeown90
There’s some great pride I take being one of the ‘scarier’ teams to visit. Now I hate the petty violence and ganging up on people, I’ve seen it walking up to Digbeth before a game with kids having a go at away followers with families, that I have no time for but unlike the vile who give the fingers behind the police, it’s nice to know if anything does happen, most the time we end up on top.
We aren’t a very good football team and we will never have a big trophy cabinet but our fans are one of the best and intimidating and nobody can take that away from us, small in numbers but when it counts we show up. I love our ‘working class’ background and our tin shed of a stadium, it puts people off! I love our club and let’s hope we can win most arrests for a 4th time! Up the f’n blues!

Well said.
20:09, Fri 11 Jan
voodZ
Bluewurst
Liverpool and Everton in the 80’s when people started to use weapons.

The bastards were evil.

This. Been involved in a few around Stanley Park with Blues just taking advantage of their boozers and not giving a shite. Some naughty business.

Same. Fighting off the bastards so the Smiths coach driver could get onto the bus by Stanley Park.
We left there minus 3-4 windows and still drove back to Brum in the dark and rain in winter.
Everybody huddled up together at the back to keep warm.

Would never happen now.
21:51, Fri 11 Jan
Leeds in the 70's, we lost 3-0 but I didn't see much of the game. They just mingled with us, asked how we had got there, identified everyone and picked people off outside on the way back to the coaches. I was 15 at the time.
21:55, Fri 11 Jan
Ninian Park, Ayesome Park and Maine Rd back in day for me.
Exhillerating rather than intimidating I would say.
The Old Den and Upon Park were up there too.
Notice, these were all old grounds.
That was liquid football!
22:48, Fri 11 Jan
Orient back in 72 when the place was crawling with Milwall fans , unreal athmosphere , bomb threat , pitch invasion & being ambushed by Milwall fans, luckily we escaped unscathed but the threat was there before, during & after the game . Brilliant win & promotion , I was 16 , happy days.
22:50, Fri 11 Jan
sounds awful to be fair.
22:52, Fri 11 Jan
JPMckeown90
There’s some great pride I take being one of the ‘scarier’ teams to visit. Now I hate the petty violence and ganging up on people, I’ve seen it walking up to Digbeth before a game with kids having a go at away followers with families, that I have no time for but unlike the vile who give the fingers behind the police, it’s nice to know if anything does happen, most the time we end up on top.
We aren’t a very good football team and we will never have a big trophy cabinet but our fans are one of the best and intimidating and nobody can take that away from us, small in numbers but when it counts we show up. I love our ‘working class’ background and our tin shed of a stadium, it puts people off! I love our club and let’s hope we can win most arrests for a 4th time! Up the f’n blues!

👍
22:54, Fri 11 Jan
ZLAMMER
sounds awful to be fair.
I said that to my old man who was there 😆
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
02:16, Sat 12 Jan
That first season down in the 3rd division was a bit mad. Other than Blackpool we only used to take about 500 away but all the local nutters would be out for us.

A few days after Blackpool we had West Ham away in a midweek league cup game and me and my mate were politely taken to one side down an alley by a few nutters demanding to know where all the Zulus were. How I got out of that one alive I'll never know.

We then had a midweek away game at Swansea with only around 200 Blues again and remember their nutters casually walking round the stationary traffic afterwards looking for garage stickers on the car windows and then belting anyone inside. I think Stechford Autos confused them!

The other memorable game was Bolton away which was mayhem from the moment we arrived on the train at 12.00. Walked into the first pub which refused to serve our group and were chased out by Bolton fans with blades. That was a long day. Of course the following year the away game was a meaningless fixture towards the end of the season but word had got round and the kick off was changed to 12.00 Sunday and 3k Blues turned up for payback.

Happy days.
08:24, Sat 12 Jan
The other memorable game was Bolton away which was mayhem from the moment we arrived on the train at 12.00. Walked into the first pub which refused to serve our group and were chased out by Bolton fans with blades. That was a long day. Of course the following year the away game was a meaningless fixture towards the end of the season but word had got round and the kick off was changed to 12.00 Sunday and 3k Blues turned up for payback

That Bolton one I was only 14 and when we arrived on the train thinking we were hard going away on our own.. within about half a mile the old bill offered us a lift for ‘our own safety ‘

We accepted 😂😂