13:48, Sun 10 Feb
Le Mod
Is this new news? Was it not already known that the EFL would recommend a 12 point deduction to the panel?

Yeah, was decided at the EFL board meeting on Thursday / Friday
13:57, Sun 10 Feb
Rags
Just in case people aren't aware .... the Sawiris family are worth about £38 billion ... but £28 billion of that is in cash !!!

... and to put that into perspective

Roman Abramovich is worth £8 billion
Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour is worth £20 billion

.... and neither of them has more than £1 billion in cash

Where did you read that? Forbes says that Sawiri is worth £6.8bn
There a lot of fans angry at the EFL.
Blackpool Fans believe EFL is a disgrace and the EFL silence was deafening on the VOystons.
And then the fans of Coventry might see it cease to exist, their future in the safe hands of the EFL
Forgetting blues theirs something rotten in the running of the EFL.
18:14, Sun 10 Feb
Will be 6...
22:33, Sun 10 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
montypenguin
Yes I agree totally.

My point though (putting to one side for a moment Blues pending points deduction), if we're going to tackle the problem of clubs spending beyond their means then the parachute payment system has to be looked at it, particularly in relation to FFP. Nothing you can do about the riches of the Premiership, but when they drop down to the EFL (and the EFL's rules) it needs to be made more of a level playing field.
Parachute payments are needed imo, because of the wage bill needed to compete in the Premier League.
If Clubs abuse that money and overspend (vile) they should be punished under the rules, as they should be soon

Sorry I don't follow your logic. What have the Parachute Payments got to do with "competing in the Premier League"? Unless you're saying that clubs are tied to contracts signed while players were in the Premier League and on Premier League wages?
Sounds like we broke some rules & are therefore due some kind of punishment
What pigs me off is the amateur way the EFL has gone about this.
Caling for hearings in August then October now February? And then there’s no “rules” about what penalties to apply so they have to make it up as they go along, and apply the punishment mid-season
It’s a farce
23:18, Sun 10 Feb
If its 6 points and we have the option to lose the points now or next season id go with next season. We can make that back easy next year.

We might not be near the play offs again for a very long time. Rather us go for it now.
23:23, Sun 10 Feb
If its 6 points and we have the option to lose the points now or next season id go with next season. We can make that back easy next year.

We might not be near the play offs again for a very long time. Rather us go for it now.

Agree. We ain't gonna get 10 goals our of Juke agains imo. And Che might be somewhere else. Leaving us with vassell. Who we don't know if he will deliver yet
01:17, Mon 11 Feb
This is a difficult one to say when we would rather take the hit. I don't think we will get as close to the play offs as we are this season. So then you think let's go for it and take the hit next season.

But assuming we eventually miss out (I just don't think we can quite crack the top 6), then next season we are guaranteed a relegation battle if we was to start with a 12 points deduction, even if we have a similar kind of season as this. (Probably needing 60pts) Possibly without Che and Garry Monk.

So the head says if it is to be 12 points we probably need to take it this season.
06:00, Mon 11 Feb
I don't know if I've missed something but I don't think we get to choose when to take the points deduction. If its agreed this month / season surely it's going to apply immediately. Think this discussion about this season or next is born out of speculation on this thread rather than any clear indication that the punishment will apply next season.
07:03, Mon 11 Feb
Maybe its to do with the appeals process, we can appeal and it will drag on meaning a points deduction next season.
07:45, Mon 11 Feb
Surely that means take the hit this season because if we have -12 next season with only Vassepl we will struggpe
07:54, Mon 11 Feb
If we only have one player the points deduction will be irrelevant.
09:29, Mon 11 Feb
The owner of Shefield Wednesday sums up the EFL and it’s ineptitude very well.
09:34, Mon 11 Feb
IF we did manage to sneak into the play offs this season, then won the bloody thing, how would being in the Premier league(run by the FA) be able to deduct us points owed to the Championship(Run by the EFL)?
Goodbye says it all.
09:39, Mon 11 Feb
I think its fairly safe to assume that the points will be deducted before the play offs take place.
09:58, Mon 11 Feb
Slightly Turbid
I think its fairly safe to assume that the points will be deducted before the play offs take place.

But why are people talking about this season or next season?
Goodbye says it all.
10:00, Mon 11 Feb
John_Smullen
Slightly Turbid

But why are people talking about this season or next season?

A point I raise a little bit higher up the thread. Think the main argument is that the final decision could get delayed by legal claims and appeals, this seems unlikely though.
10:14, Mon 11 Feb
Slightly Turbid
A point I raise a little bit higher up the thread. Think the main argument is that the final decision could get delayed by legal claims and appeals, this seems unlikely though.

Coming late to the thread - but I would say that IF they try to do us 12 points in one go it would be quite conceivable that we would appeal.

I think it's more likely that negotiations will have taken place to establish a punishment we would accept without appeal - because the EFL isn't going to want an appeal. And in reality that probably wouldn't suit us either. It needs to get sorted because there will be more clubs coming along and needing punishing soon enough, and the precedent needs to be established.

I'm sick of the whole thing and just want it sorted, but I find it hard to believe they will do us 12 points - that would be draconian. We'll see though.
10:22, Mon 11 Feb
Spike
Slightly Turbid

Coming late to the thread - but I would say that IF they try to do us 12 points in one go it would be quite conceivable that we would appeal.

I think it's more likely that negotiations will have taken place to establish a punishment we would accept without appeal - because the EFL isn't going to want an appeal. And in reality that probably wouldn't suit us either. It needs to get sorted because there will be more clubs coming along and needing punishing soon enough, and the precedent needs to be established.

I'm sick of the whole thing and just want it sorted, but I find it hard to believe they will do us 12 points - that would be draconian. We'll see though.

I tend to agree with all that. All parties need it resolving. Maybe the club have fought hard already but are willing to accept 12 points now given that it shouldn't have an impact. If they appealed we may remain under an embargo or be in a position where we are trying to sign players in the summer for a team starting 12 points behind everyone else. Unless the appeal is a gamble on us getting up through the play offs which would be courageous.