15:35, Tue 12 Feb
Redditch Blue
And this is where transparency is needed. If teams have failed P&S, are under embargo etc, etc, it should be out there, as should the punishments they are facing. That's all I ask.

Completely agree. This secrecy is unnecessary. It leads to doubt and suspicion that the EFl are making it up as they go along.
15:36, Tue 12 Feb
If they've not acted consistently then the case will be thrown out by the arbitration panel, we'll be awarded costs and the transfer embargo will be lifted. Alternatively, the EFL have made their position very clear, have agreed (or imposed) a plan for the business which has then been wilfully ignored by our management team. This notion that the EFL are going our of their way to single us out is daft, not saying they're perfect, however the onus is on us to comply with the rules as set out. Which is what all the other clubs did.

What is really important is that once judgement has been made, sentence has been passed, that the EFL are totally transparent in how they reached the conclusions that they did. As long as they can justify their actions, and similar penalties are imposed in the future for similar breaches then I'm not sure what more they could do?
15:37, Tue 12 Feb
bluer than blues
It leads to doubt and suspicion that the EFl are making it up as they go along.

To be fair, there's absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the EFL are making it up as they go along.

That is very, very, obvious.
15:51, Tue 12 Feb
Sasquatch
If they've not acted consistently then the case will be thrown out by the arbitration panel, we'll be awarded costs and the transfer embargo will be lifted. Alternatively, the EFL have made their position very clear, have agreed (or imposed) a plan for the business which has then been wilfully ignored by our management team. This notion that the EFL are going our of their way to single us out is daft, not saying they're perfect, however the onus is on us to comply with the rules as set out. Which is what all the other clubs did.

What is really important is that once judgement has been made, sentence has been passed, that the EFL are totally transparent in how they reached the conclusions that they did. As long as they can justify their actions, and similar penalties are imposed in the future for similar breaches then I'm not sure what more they could do?

The thing is we will never know if they have acted consistently as there is no transparency. Its only us that wash our dirty washing in public thanks to certain people who think its their mission in life to dig dirt and make public every bit of info they can find about the club. This isn't always helpful as sometimes things are best dealt with behind closed doors. Once you put it out there in the public domain you are inviting further speculation and more importantly you are asking the EFL to make an example of us.
15:53, Tue 12 Feb
It was obvious we'd signed Pedersen way before it was announced. It was widely reported we'd agreed a fee and he'd had a medical. He then disappeared and we assumed he would sign for someone else.

It can't be a massive coincidence we announced the signing shortly after releasing Robert Tesche.

Is there any way we misunderstood the requirements? Not saying we didn't have all the info but maybe misunderstood what we could and couldn't do.
15:55, Tue 12 Feb
Pathfinder
It was obvious we'd signed Pedersen way before it was announced. It was widely reported we'd agreed a fee and he'd had a medical. He then disappeared and we assumed he would sign for someone else.

It can't be a massive coincidence we announced the signing shortly after releasing Robert Tesche.

Is there any way we misunderstood the requirements? Not saying we didn't have all the info but maybe misunderstood what we could and couldn't do.

Nah, it's not sadly.
15:56, Tue 12 Feb
Absolutely baffles me that Bolton haven't had much worse than what they have.

May be on my own but happy we signed Pedersen, helped shake up that left back problem we've had since Murphy. Him coming in has probably help solidify the defence and save us 12 points over the course of the season.
15:58, Tue 12 Feb
I get what you're saying, but why do we have to wait until judgement has been made for the EFL to be transparent in how they've reached their decisions on sanction? That information (such as a scale for size of points deduction depending on level of breach) should be out there from the outset.
Then, once hearing is done, there should be another update about how the panel reached its decision and how much it agreed/disagreed with the sanction.
The EFL are seemingly happy to drip feed some info about our case to the media, yet continually spout to the likes of Brian Dick that they will not comment about our cases until the punishment is accepted or hearing done with.
I'm sorry, that's not on. Either put up or shut up. You can't say a bit here and a bit here to suit your agenda but then when asked to explain yourself say 'sorry no comment'.
16:00, Tue 12 Feb
Looked to me like we tried to pull a fast one thinking Tesche out and Pedersen in would be ok, but didn't wait to ask, when Tesche out (with a pay off) and Pedersen in were not close to balancing one another out.
@LeMod1875
16:01, Tue 12 Feb
Pathfinder

I would agree as I'm sure GM would rather have no Pedersen and no points deduction if everyone was aware that signing him will end up in this mess..

Saying that I would say if they didn't understand would be more down to ignorance than not been informed
16:06, Tue 12 Feb
This place would have hit meltdown if the league had made us sell Pederson - especially as he's looked a bargain.

We have no one to blame for effing up, but as others have said, the EFL have made a right balls up of the process and almost anything that happens will probably lead to further consequences, either for us or lots of other teams, or the EFL itself if they don't treat clubs equally.

Its a shit show all round, bit like the country and Brexit.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
16:06, Tue 12 Feb
Blues are guilty of breaching the embargo fella, that's not really in doubt. We were trying to spend decent bucks on the Ipswich keeper and others too, I believe Grabban, so it's not just a case of Pedersen.
16:07, Tue 12 Feb
number8
This place would have hit meltdown if the league had made us sell Pederson - especially as he's looked a bargain.

We have no one to blame for effing up, but as others have said, the EFL have made a right balls up of the process and almost anything that happens will probably lead to further consequences, either for us or lots of other teams, or the EFL itself if they don't treat clubs equally.

Best summary really.
16:09, Tue 12 Feb
number8

I think that's fair.

I also think it's fair that if the EFL don't show any of their reasoning when this all is done and dusted then it's a farce.
16:12, Tue 12 Feb
Pathetic. So it's Dan's fault? Not the clubs owners?
Get a grip.