14:22, Mon 11 Feb
And I suspect this is when their accountancy wizardry will become apparent.
@LeMod1875
Jim
14:24, Mon 11 Feb
I expect they have already bought all the ingredients, and have Purslow's recipe book open and ready to start cooking those books.
14:24, Mon 11 Feb
El Mayor
Bluesince62
It's ok zxcv said we absolutely won't get a points deduction. I'm happy with that.

Didn't he say we'd spend money in January?
And that Junk and Adams should be dropped for some kids who might score
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
14:30, Mon 11 Feb
Le Mod
And I suspect this is when their accountancy wizardry will become apparent.

I love there "he created the rules so he will know how to get round them" comments recently.

The thing is, we will never know what they've done as the EFL won't comment. I suppose it will be in the year-end accounts but think they're due late this year?
14:31, Mon 11 Feb
1 Banana
This thread is beginning to mirror the Brexit Project Fear threads.

Nobody knows. There are no punishment rules in writing. Three men (Lawyers) are going to thrash it out and come up with a punishment that suits the crime.

That’s it.

I'm just glad Blues haven't got Chris Grayling on our side.
14:31, Mon 11 Feb
That as well, though he'd possibly claim Mrabti's wages as spending money.
15:30, Mon 11 Feb
Did he actually create the rules though? I think most of his jobs have been in club administration.
08:06, Tue 12 Feb
We've had 13 pages of comment (and counting).
As per usual, not a murmur from our owners on this - or any other issue concerning the club.

Vincent Tan looks like a paragon of virtue compared to our lot (whoever they may be).
This information is sponsored by Lubicon Ltd. Did you know that 65% of North American couples said their relationship has been enhanced by Lubicon products ?
Lubicon products are available at all good chemists, some dodgy chemists and the viler club shop.
08:25, Tue 12 Feb
So why are we the only club getting punished.

Surely the other 3, should also be up in the dock? Or have they asked for it to be delayed till next year???

Wednesday for one are still carrying loads of wages, as for Bolton (no comment), just doesn’t seem fair across the board.
08:50, Tue 12 Feb
Quokkasskip
So why are we the only club getting punished.

Surely the other 3, should also be up in the dock? Or have they asked for it to be delayed till next year???

Wednesday for one are still carrying loads of wages, as for Bolton (no comment), just doesn’t seem fair across the board.

QPR's punishment was sorted out last summer, it was historic.
The mob from across the expressway were bought out and they no longer face extinction, hence they were no longer a problem

The ONLY one you can talk about is Sheffield Wednesday - and it might be because they played ball, the EFL left them alone.

I made it clear in my article, and I'll do it again here - Blues are being punished as much for the actions of their board as anything else.
08:57, Tue 12 Feb
They just don't get it do they Dan. I do think though that if, IF, we get this big points deduction, there is more to come regarding other clubs.
09:02, Tue 12 Feb
The crazy thing is Wednesday are hardly egregious spenders either. £20m loss last year but £6m of that was amortisation and some more was admin. Looking at total loss, Wednesday have lost £34m over the three years from 2015-7.

Compare to Middlesbrough, who lost £14m to June 2014, £7m to June 2015, and £26m to June 2016, so breaking FFP by a greater margin than we did. But were allowed to buy promotion and wipe most of that loss out - and rely on bigger FFP margins for the next three seasons after relegation.
09:02, Tue 12 Feb
Surely fine's hurt the board more than points deductions? They only hurts us the fans and the players/ management team who are being stripped of 12 points they've worked for.

It doesn't make any sense to me.
09:04, Tue 12 Feb
Understand the not playing ball, but just the inconsistency of the fact that multiple clubs break the rules and we are the only ones that get punished.

Ren etc have really cocked this up as I am sure we are not even the worst offenders.

Pedersen wasn’t worth it
09:09, Tue 12 Feb
The crazy thing is Wednesday are hardly egregious spenders either. £20m loss last year but £6m of that was amortisation and some more was admin. Looking at total loss, Wednesday have lost £34m over the three years from 2015-7.

Compare to Middlesbrough, who lost £14m to June 2014, £7m to June 2015, and £26m to June 2016, so breaking FFP by a greater margin than we did. But were allowed to buy promotion and wipe most of that loss out - and rely on bigger FFP margins for the next three seasons after relegation.

They changed the rules since then though, didn't they? We keep bringing up other clubs on here, but other clubs didn't do what we did - that's why they are after us. This ain't difficult stuff.