18:39, Sat 9 Feb
brummiestu87
Mario kempes 78
Totally Dan them idiots are going under the radar I fell at the moment and getting away with it..

I agree they cocked up but I can't help but feel there hearts were in the right place but there heads weren't - they should've got some decent advisors in rather than leeches like Darren Dein

I think you make a valid point.
18:40, Sat 9 Feb
Rags
What about the eedjits who got us into this mess?

well in a way the fans are just as culpable .... if we hadn't signed all the expensive dross that Redknapp brought in, and Redknapp had told the Press (as he inevitably would) then the fans would have had a go at the board for not spending money and no amount of "we can't because we'll end up in trouble would have been believed"

Whilst i can agree that the board were naive i do think they were a little bit "stuck between a rock and a hard place"

I agree with you in some ways. One thing I hope people have learned from the last 12 months is we can actually do okay without spunking a load of cash, with the right manager in charge.

I hope the main thing we've learned over the last 12 months is to get Monk and his team signed up for as long as possible, with massive compensation clauses if they leave and that sometimes the manager should be the highest paid person at the club
19:02, Sat 9 Feb
You only get 12 points for going into administration and taking other clubs for money in the process and then the slate is wiped clean

How on Earth can we get the same punishment but worse as we would assume still be prevented from trading

6 points and 6 suspended maybe but a straight 12 would be scandalous .

I get that it’s our fault but feck me let the punishment fit the crime
19:06, Sat 9 Feb
They will get round this argument by 6+6 for Pederson signing which also saves them dishing out the same to others
19:07, Sat 9 Feb
Has any club ever had as big a punishment as us for over spending, even without any points deduction?

Clubs like Barca and Chelsea potentially being embargoed for 1 window has been presented in the media as a massive punishment. We’ve been embargoed for 3 windows in succession now, surely that should be considered.
19:12, Sat 9 Feb
As is often the case with things like this the real issue gets overlooked by focussing on the rules as they are written which we obviously did flout.

The real issue is the fact that the EFL’s method of trying to get ‘Fairness’ is completely bat-shit crazy.

By having the ‘rules’ apply only over a three year period it simply encourages clubs to spend wildly in the hope they go up - exactly the opposite of what it should do.

It may well be that we flouted the rules, but the rules are insane. I am sure that this system has ended up this way to try to deal with the massive differences between clubs relegated from the Prem, and everybody else but no-one will convince me the EFL have got anywhere near to a sensible solution.

Surely a better way is a total salary cap or something similar.

I also would question whether a more ‘fashionable’ club would have been treated differently.
19:13, Sat 9 Feb
Tarquin
You only get 12 points for going into administration and taking other clubs for money in the process and then the slate is wiped clean

How on Earth can we get the same punishment but worse as we would assume still be prevented from trading

6 points and 6 suspended maybe but a straight 12 would be scandalous .

I get that it’s our fault but feck me let the punishment fit the crime

Thing to make clear is that while I've heard 12, as I said on Twitter I have no way to verify it.

It could be a league recommendation for the hearing, it could be after the hearing.

Let's see what happens before we completely lose it.
19:15, Sat 9 Feb
We still have until the end of June to bring in fresh income do we not?
19:15, Sat 9 Feb
El Mayor
Mario kempes 78
Serious question
Will we have our lawyers out in force trying to save our bacon or will the clubs owners just sit on there hands and take it? As I’ve not a heard a thing from our club saying they are going to fight this.

So frustrating but I wouldn’t mind putting up a bit of a fight.

We've had Mishcon de Reya on it for four months mate.

We've fought and it looks like we've lost.
That was a mistake. Should have gone for Herbies. Proper litigators.
19:16, Sat 9 Feb
Surely it’s just cheap reporting as that 1/ point figure has been doing the rounds for a year now.

The scum bags read the likes of SHA and report it as a ‘source’
19:19, Sat 9 Feb
The real problem, and this is where the League May fall foul, is that had we been in the Prem in any of the last three years, we would have passed.

Because of the greater allowable debt.

That sort of law does not stand up in court. It is cartel behaviour.

The difficulty is getting it INTO court. Arbitration’s are normally in their own world. Plus FIFA eff over teams taking their leagues to court.
19:24, Sat 9 Feb
Can we legally challenge it.
19:29, Sat 9 Feb
TiptonBluenose
Can we legally challenge it.

We have had lawyers on the case for four months mate.

IF we get hit with it, I'd assume we've lost.
19:29, Sat 9 Feb
El Mayor
Marstonblue
Cant be 12 points surely?!

Also can we appeal it in court or is there nothing we can do

Nothing we can do mate. We've been fighting it for months, if we get 12 points the EFL have all their ducks in a row.

This sanction will be (presumably) following a Disciplinary Commission?

If so... the sanction can be appealed under regulation 93.1 (Disciplinary Appeals)

Extracts:

"A party to a Disciplinary Commission may appeal against a final order of the Disciplinary Commission...."

"A Disciplinary Appeal shall be heard by the League Arbitration Panel in accordance with the provisions of Section 9 of these Regulations..."

Note: Arbitration panel (3 members) is one independent person nominated by each party and one appointed by the Institute of Arbitrators.
19:33, Sat 9 Feb
El Mayor
Rumour is it's 12.

Believe it when you see it though.
You mean it’s 12 points that the EFL will recommend we be docked when the hearing takes place?.