19:36, Sat 9 Feb
If we have good lawyers we will arrange a deal to make it come into effect next season
The intellectual saviour of the masses.
19:38, Sat 9 Feb
Good spot

Guess it’ll drag on further then, cos that means the league can also appeal it
19:39, Sat 9 Feb
Ser Tait
If we have good lawyers we will arrange a deal to make it come into effect next season

If we appeal to Arbitration... It will take months.
19:53, Sat 9 Feb
If the leak is accurate it doesn’t say much for the independence of the adjudication, does it? Do you get leaks of jury decisions?
19:54, Sat 9 Feb
TrevorFr​ancisTrackSuits
Cattell Prod
Incoming but not enough to relegate us.

#fecktheefl

What are their sources

It's an independent panel making the decision isn't it? EFL can make recommendations I guess but how on earth can they know the outcome???

Spot on and we have a say who is on the committee.
19:55, Sat 9 Feb
Ser Tait

That will be worse. We don't want to start the season on a minus. Get it done this season.
20:01, Sat 9 Feb
Without a points deduction we could very well make play offs
The intellectual saviour of the masses.
would i be wide of the mark to suggest that if we came up with some novel but not completely unconnected sponsorship and relationship deals that brought in fresh income they would be quite happy to see it for the cherade it is but let it go to save all the hassle, say well done nothing to see here after youve put that in place

or are they looking to critically asses everything we do to the letter of the legislation and out to make an example of us?
20:21, Sat 9 Feb
I don't question the incompetence of our owners but they have only tried to invest in the squad. They kind of understand the informal rules of football.

There has been one key, unwritten rule in English football over the, nearly, 150 years the Blues have been going. It's always been there but certainly not written down in any documents.

It is simply this. The wealthier clubs use their wealth to get the best players, best managers, best youth systems, grounds and facilities. In all our history, to my knowledge, wealthier clubs have consistently used this informal rule to make sure they get to stay at the top. So, globally, Barcelona and Real Madrid have done this for decades, nationally the top five or six in the prem do it now. Would Chelsea have won all these trophies in the last 20 years if Abrahmovic had not acquired the assets of the Russian people with the help of the ex-KGB gangsters in government. The Swiss government stopped him getting a passport recently because they know what kind of dodgy practices that lies at the heart of his and Chelsea's success. Financial fair play anyone? Profitability and sustainability? My arse.

In our division our rivals like Wolves and Villa have spent small fortunes over the last few years. Fair play over there? Nah.

So, a club that in 144 years has never had the wealth to compete with the teams at the top is about to be punished by the EFL for spending too much on footballers, while the wealthier teams are never ever punished.

And what do many of our fans do? Tell all and sundry that we was wrong and need to be punished.

Now if Blues fans were prepared to research, investigate and analyse the shenanigans of all the wealthier teams in our division, so that a fair comparison could be made that may, arguably, be fair. But it seems easier to make the case for the EFL against the Blues than do some thorough comparative analysis of other clubs in this division. Sadly, some seem to persist in shining the light on our owners inadequacies, focussing the lens on the Blues failings rather than the wealthy clubs who have invariably done as they wished. I think that's a mistake.

Up the Blues.
[www.prostatecanceruk.org] is a really useful link.

You can access information, speak to an advisor with expert information or email them. It’s a really good service, I think.
20:30, Sat 9 Feb
Ser Tait
Without a points deduction we could very well make play offs

Doesn't mean we will go up. We could lose in the play offs and start next season on a minus.
20:43, Sat 9 Feb
The feeling of most Blues fans at the start of the season was, if we can finish half way, with the players we have, that will be be a good job done.
But Garry Monk obviously saw more in the players than we did. With the help of his back room staff and the hard work the players have put in, they turned from a relegation team, into a team capable of at least a play off place. If we are deducted points ( fair play ??? ), I think it will make the players even more determined to succeed. Whatever happens, I personally, have thoroughly enjoyed the football played by this excellent Blues team.
20:43, Sat 9 Feb
Have to say WM's prediction that our points deduction won't relegate us is a feckin pretty safe bet. 🤔
20:51, Sat 9 Feb
Likelihood is we wont and then next season will start 12 points worse of surely take the hit now
20:54, Sat 9 Feb
Likelihood is we wont and then next season will start 12 points worse of surely take the hit now

Yeah gambling on promotion has got us in this mess. Lesson learned. Take our punishment now.
21:00, Sat 9 Feb
Can we legally challenge it.

If we get done 12 points, as it’s beig reported “now”, before the “independent” panel of arbitration sit, you can bet your bottom dollar there will be a challenge. I would be putting money on winning it too.
@Bluewurst1875