10:05, Sun 10 Feb
I've been discussing this just now at work.

We were talking about HMV shops in Birmingham.

Obviously there's still one in the bullring and previously there was one in the pavilions shopping centre.

But I have a feeling there was one more and not necessarily a big store. And also I don't mean back in the 80s but more late 90s early 00s.

Does anyone remember another one?
10:08, Sun 10 Feb
wasn't there one in priory Square by the argos I seem to recall, oasis markets
I think there was one on New St, next to the Odeon. I used to buy my vinyl from a shop on New St and I'm sure it was HMV. Is Reddingtons still opposite Moor St?
Herefordshire Cider Boozer
I think there was one on New St, next to the Odeon. I used to buy my vinyl from a shop on New St and I'm sure it was HMV. Is Reddingtons still opposite Moor St?

There was a store in New St near the Odeon cinema
10:41, Sun 10 Feb
Real Adebola Bloke
I've been discussing this just now at work.

We were talking about HMV shops in Birmingham.

Obviously there's still one in the bullring and previously there was one in the pavilions shopping centre.

But I have a feeling there was one more and not necessarily a big store. And also I don't mean back in the 80s but more late 90s early 00s.

Does anyone remember another one?

There was one at the top of the ramp between woolworths, hsbc and McDonald's.
Dictated but not read.

Louie Donowa
12:15, Sun 10 Feb
Pallasades?
Herefordshire Cider Boozer

Reddingtons moved to a shop close to House of Fraser but that’s gone too now. Think he may have taken it online though not sure if still going.
bluechip

yes, top of bull st on the corner
DES
12:54, Sun 10 Feb
Bordesley not Small Heath
bluechip

yes, top of bull st on the corner
Bordesley I’m not sure if that shop became a hmv but it started off as virgin records.
Talking about teddingtons I bought ‘ARE YOU READY NOW’ by frankie Valli on an import from thier original shop in Warwick Rd Tyseley/ greet area in 71/72
Kro
The old nostalgia threads used to be better than the one more recent ones.
13:01, Sun 10 Feb
fradge
The old nostalgia threads used to be better than the one more recent ones.

So were the sarky comments on the sarky comments.
17:08, Sun 10 Feb
Real hmv shops or hoax hmv shops?
bluearmyfaction on the BBC's coverage of the Superbowl
- "If they like gridiron so much they should go back to 1776 and bum George Washington".
18:03, Sun 10 Feb
DES
Didn't know that Reddingtons used to be in Tyseley. Where exactly?

Moved from the back of The Pavillions to a small place down Digbeth I think (Smithfield House?) and then on to a warehouse in Redditch.

Ill health lead to the closure of the warehouse and sale of his entire collection, so it no longer exists.

Spent a lot of my youth in Reddingtons, Diskery and the original Virgin down Corporation Strret, past the law courts.
www.sevenstarphotography.co.uk
18:25, Sun 10 Feb
And talking about nostalgia.........

Radio 6 just a minute ago. Billie Holliday singing All of Me.

Goosebumps. And a moistening of the eyes!
18:25, Sun 10 Feb
Goosebum. Made I larrf.
18:26, Sun 10 Feb
Edited, while you were posting!
01:06, Mon 11 Feb
I don’t know the answer to this, but the mad thing is in 20 years from now you’ll probably be able to go on Google Streetview and change the date back 20 years and take a virtual walk down the streets.
05:51, Mon 11 Feb
Kristoff
I don’t know the answer to this, but the mad thing is in 20 years from now you’ll probably be able to go on Google Streetview and change the date back 20 years and take a virtual walk down the streets.

That's like the film Deja Vu.

Make it happen
06:07, Mon 11 Feb
Real Adebola Bloke
Kristoff

That's like the film Deja Vu.

Make it happen

You mean they're not gonna update Streetview....?!!!
There was one next to the Odeon.

Reddingtons shut down a few years ago. He sold what e had left in an online auction.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.