Re: RIP

22:56, Sat 9 Feb
RIP big Fred.

Just read this and brought a year to my eyes. The first centre forward i had the pleasure of watching.

I will raise a glass to the memories.
22:58, Sat 9 Feb
As a tribute to Fred Pickering I suggest we all go to the game on Tuesday with the waistband of our trousers rolled over
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
23:07, Sat 9 Feb
I was on the Tilton for that Chelsea F.A. Cup Match. Chelsea fans had got into the back of The Tilton throwing missiles. I got hit with a tin of baked beans.

The crowd was 52.000 for that game.

R.I.P. Fred. Many great memories.
23:09, Sat 9 Feb
Rest in peace Fred KRO- the Fred’s
23:12, Sat 9 Feb
Artist has had his trousers like that for the past 40 odd years.

RIP Fred , will always remember him after the Rotherham away game mid sixties.
The team coach pulled in somewhere on the way back and Fred refusing autographs with a fag in his gob.

Shocked - but he was still an idol.
Rosie ....Ohh Rosie ....I'd like to paint your knickers Blue and White !
23:25, Sat 9 Feb
Me too a hero as a school kid , what a strike force we had back then, RIP Fred.
23:45, Sat 9 Feb
WorcsBlues
Come on within ....

RIP big Fred
You've not seen nothing like Fred Pickering !!!
Great player RIP
23:48, Sat 9 Feb
A sad loss. We’re privileged to have Fred as one of our old boys. A prolific goal scorer with better than a 50% goals to games ratio in his 1st 7 pro seasons. And a hat trick on his England debut.
A great inspiration for one of our best ever chants.
He came so close to picking up an FA Cup winner’s medal with us.
RIP, Fred. You were special.
Roj
00:05, Sun 10 Feb
I suggest we sing his chant on Tuesday night in tribute.
00:27, Sun 10 Feb
Roj
Roj
I suggest we sing his chant on Tuesday night in tribute.

That’s a great shout. Roj. Let’s make it happen. Immediately after the PA announcement.
I cherish our heritage, and I’m so proud when the Tilton do, too. Sing it loud!
00:52, Sun 10 Feb
I was 15 when he signed for us in the summer of 1967.

He was our only signing that closed season and me and my mates were so excited that we had signed someone so special... and he didn't let us down.

The 1968 cup run was very, very special.

RIP Fred... thanks for the memories.
01:15, Sun 10 Feb
RIP Fred. (aged 78)
02:07, Sun 10 Feb
B_C_F_C
I was 15 when he signed for us in the summer of 1967.

He was our only signing that closed season and me and my mates were so excited that we had signed someone so special... and he didn't let us down.

The 1968 cup run was very, very special.

RIP Fred... thanks for the memories.

That’s exactly what football is about, for me, BCFC. I’m sure Fred & his Family would love to know that you held him in such high asteem. I wish I’d known him. That’s my loss.
Let’s sing his song on Tuesday night. With pride & passion!
05:37, Sun 10 Feb
The rule in the Cup back then was if the two teams colors clashed both teams had to change. That’s why we played in red versus the Baggies in the semi-final of the cup
05:38, Sun 10 Feb
Freddy, Freddy Pickering.......

Rest In Peace Big man
07:59, Sun 10 Feb
One Riley
His performance in the wba semi final stands as one of the finest (and possibly the unluckiest) blues forward displays. He was magnificent that day. RIP Fred,

Sadly I missed this having only been born a week or two earlier. I've heard lots of stuff about Blues dominating the SF with West Brom but somehow losing, is that an accurate reflection of the match? Was the result a travesty?
08:11, Sun 10 Feb
RIP Fred Pickering

As a young lad going to football for the first time you have a hero to worship, invariable a forward, and it carries on with you for the rest of your life. Fred Pickering is that hero.

Come on without
Come on within
You ain't seen nothing
like Fred Pickering

RIP Fred
08:29, Sun 10 Feb
Very sad to hear. I was also there at that Chelsea game and that goal is as clear in my mind as if it was yesterday. RIP Fred,
10:09, Sun 10 Feb
Yes it was a travesty, I was in the Holte.
KC
11:19, Sun 10 Feb
Great memories of Fred. He was brilliant with Bridges and Vowden. Mystery why Bridges had such an off day though in the semi final but Fred was at his best in the sunshine at the Vile.He deserved to go to the final but somehow we never quite made it.Thank you for those magic moments and goals Fred. RIP.