13:28, Sun 10 Feb
The one that springs to mind straight away is Newcastle in December 1973, three days after playing them away in the Texaco Cup. I think Jimmy Smith was sent off for Newcastle for a nasty tackle on Tony Want (please correct me if I'm wrong). On previewing our game on Saturday on Football Focus, Sam Leitch said "Here are the goals, and only the goals from Wednesday's match"! We won 1-0 in a real bad tempered match. One or two games with the vile were quite tasty, to put it mildly!
13:36, Sun 10 Feb
The stoke games after Lou Macari left us felt proper spiteful back then.

Can’t have stoke ever since.
13:39, Sun 10 Feb
The Dingles when McGhee was their manager
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
13:42, Sun 10 Feb
Yes, we played Newcastle a lot that season. Remember Kenny Burns taking out Irving Nattrass. Clearly a lot of needle following the bad injury to Tony Want.
13:44, Sun 10 Feb
Yes the Stoke game is the one that springs to my mind as well. Interesting day to say the least.
13:57, Sun 10 Feb
Yes Smith went flying over the top and snapped Want's shin. Deliberate and Vicious. It was in a daft-cup night match up at St James. We played them again at Stans the following Saturday in the league and it was borderline criminal. Burns and Hendrie (I think) were on a vengeance mission. Seem to recall two geordies were carried off injured. Nastiest game I have ever seen.
14:25, Sun 10 Feb
Savage's return to st andrews with Blackburn, remember when he scored for them, then we went on to get the winner
14:30, Sun 10 Feb
Yeh macari return was one that lived up to its billing also McGhee wolves rocking up at Stans always had everyone’s blood boiling.
14:43, Sun 10 Feb
I seem to remember we played them 6 times in 6 weeks

The games were very nasty
14:58, Sun 10 Feb
I remember between 02-04 every time we played Fulham there was either a sending off or ‘proper tackles’ flying about.
15:11, Sun 10 Feb
My dad claimed the match report started out with "the crowd was baying for blood, and got it".
17:02, Sun 10 Feb
Leeds all day long. Very emotional.
17:21, Sun 10 Feb
Hoppy
Savage's return to st andrews with Blackburn, remember when he scored for them, then we went on to get the winner

He also came back out after the final whistle and applauded us. Cracking atmosphere that night.
Vince knows
The stoke games after Lou Macari left us felt proper spiteful back then.

Can’t have stoke ever since.

This was one of the most hated-filled games I’ve attended. I took a mate of mine from Manchester to this and it left a huge impression on him. He’d never experienced anything like it before (or probably after).

The fact is since that day he thinks we’re all mental and it intrigues him. He has a real soft spot for Blues.
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."
DES
17:22, Sun 10 Feb
One Riley
Yes Smith went flying over the top and snapped Want's shin. Deliberate and Vicious. It was in a daft-cup night match up at St James. We played them again at Stans the following Saturday in the league and it was borderline criminal. Burns and Hendrie (I think) were on a vengeance mission. Seem to recall two geordies were carried off injured. Nastiest game I have ever seen.

No it was pendrey not Hendrix!
Kro
17:25, Sun 10 Feb
DES
Not a grudge match but one of the Anglo-Italian games got a bit tasty. Can’t remember if it was the same one where the floodlights failed.
17:52, Sun 10 Feb
DES
Yep, the blue king fu was getting stuck in (as usual) but I'm sure Paul H was flying under the radar that day as well
18:02, Sun 10 Feb
I went to the Newcastle match at home. Kenny Burns was in his element that day. If it moved he kicked it
21:34, Sun 10 Feb
DES
DES
One Riley

No it was pendrey not Hendrix!
Kro

Had that game been played in today's era there would have been at least two red cards!
22:17, Sun 10 Feb
stevo
Hoppy

He also came back out after the final whistle and applauded us. Cracking atmosphere that night.

Really? I was there that night and don't recall that bit of sportsmanship or love in with the Blues fans. I do recall him celebrating like a lunatic after equalising for Blackburn with a scuffed shot, only for Forsell to put us back in front about a minute later with what proved to be the winer, then every man, woman and child in the ground rising as one to sing "Robbie Savage, what a Banker, what a Banker"!