18:44, Sun 10 Feb
1 goal in 25 league games before yesterday, yet we always seem to make him look like prime Zlatan

Does he just turn up against us?
18:47, Sun 10 Feb
Really does not matter who is he we won 3 points in our pocket and pie and chips on the way home
18:55, Sun 10 Feb
It’s strange as it’s not just this defence or this management setup.

I know his dad is a blues fan so that might have something to do with it.
18:56, Sun 10 Feb
He's from Birmingham isn't he, don't know who he supports though
18:57, Sun 10 Feb
I know it's really strange. Looks unplayable every time he faces us.
19:00, Sun 10 Feb
Pigeon
1 goal in 25 league games before yesterday, yet we always seem to make him look like prime Zlatan

Very similar type of player to Juke. Albeit not quite as good all round game.
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
19:16, Sun 10 Feb
He’s a Blues fan, his dad played for Blues I think (goalkeeper) and he played for Moors for a year or so, so I can see why he raises his game against us.
19:25, Sun 10 Feb
Tandy
He’s a Blues fan, his dad played for Blues I think (goalkeeper) and he played for Moors for a year or so, so I can see why he raises his game against us.

His dad was Ian Smith who was a striker from Scotland. Didn’t make the grade, think he played a couple of games for us. Qualified as a doctor.
19:26, Sun 10 Feb
Good Dr Who
19:40, Sun 10 Feb
He certainly won the wrestling contest with morro for his first goal
20:01, Sun 10 Feb
Fair enough I think I was getting confused with another ex Moors player.
His dad occasionally comes on the pitch at half time, introduced as "star of the day". Without googling it I think he made about 2 appearances in 1972 and that was it,
20:19, Sun 10 Feb
Matt Smith is one of the cleverest players in the EFL. And also a Bluenose, like his Dad. So it’s no surprise to me that he can figure out how to score against us. It wasn’t that difficult yesterday, anyway.

His Dad played for us, and scored regularly in the reserves, but he focused more on his work as a doctor, hence few first team performances. I wonder whether Matt’s football career has been constrained similarly. For instance, he did A levels at a Grammar school in Cheltenham, then a very good degree (a 1st at Manchester Business School). Also spent a year studying in the States.

I hate it when we play against a team with an ex Villa or Blues player. It seems more than likely that they’ll score against us. It would be interesting to get a sports psychologist’s take on this. Hopefully GM has learnt another lesson, and identifies then analyses how to stifle future threats of this kind.
20:57, Sun 10 Feb
He left the Moors for Droylsden (I think) so he could focus on his degree. Really nice lad actually and I’m glad he’s making a career out of football.
23:44, Sun 10 Feb
Tandy
He left the Moors for Droylsden (I think) so he could focus on his degree. Really nice lad actually and I’m glad he’s making a career out of football.

Glad to hear he’s a really nice lad. That’s what I would have expected. But I nearly hated him yesterday. 😀
10:52, Mon 11 Feb
SOBLUE
I hate it when we play against a team with an ex Villa or Blues player. It seems more than likely that they’ll score against us. It would be interesting to get a sports psychologist’s take on this.

I'm certainly not a sports psychologist but I always feel that it's because they have been ignored by said clubs.

If you grow up in Birmingham, there's two big local clubs who you could potentially play for, so I often assume that they have either had trials locally or just been plain ignored.

I think it would be a huge boost for my motivation if I played against a local team who told me I weren't good enough after a trial or scouts came to watch me and didn't deem me good enough.
12:11, Mon 11 Feb
Pigeon

Think if I were McClaren I'd be asking why he isn't doing that every week. Coming from where he has, every game in the Championship should be a blessing - not just raising your game twice a season.

Of course, could all just be a coincidence.
12:18, Mon 11 Feb
Chris
Pigeon

Think if I were McClaren I'd be asking why he isn't doing that every week. Coming from where he has, every game in the Championship should be a blessing - not just raising your game twice a season.

Of course, could all just be a coincidence.

Gobby Agm0nglawhore was like that at vile too. We've also had players who always scored past certain opponents such as Adebola v West Brom, however the difference is he was a pretty consistent scorer anyway.
13:38, Mon 11 Feb
Pigeon

I think it helps that he's 7 feet 3, and every time he plays against us we fail to mark him front and back, allow crossed into the box at will and leave him unmarked. He really should have had 5 or 6 on Saturday.
02:33, Tue 12 Feb
Tandy

Other way around; he arrived from Droylsden where he had been focusing on his degree. Moved on to Oldham on a free at the end of his contract.

Agreed that he's a nice guy. Also had very soft hands when I high-fived him in a goal celebration away at Vauxhall Motors.