09:06, Mon 11 Feb
Nose of Blue
So if that is correct and there are 11 other teams in more debt than us can someone please explain how half of the league aren't getting a bigger points deduction than us?

I'LL SHOUT SO YOU UNDERSTAND.....

...NO-ONE ELSE BOUGHT A PLAYER WHILST UNDER AN EMBARGO!!!! NO-ONE, NADA, NOT A SAUSAGE, ZIP, NUNK. GET IT?
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
09:16, Mon 11 Feb
Slightly Turbid
Maxine Collins
Surprises for me on that list include Blackburn, Brentford, Bristol City & Ipswich, who unless they avoid relegation (unlikely) are surely in for a long period in the footballing wilderness.

I would take the numbers on that list with a shovel of salt.

Agreed. For example, isn't our debt nearly twice that figure now?
09:22, Mon 11 Feb
Maybe if the League actually gave details of who was under what at the time then people would understand.

As it is, signing a player from the German second division while under soft embargo doesn't sound as bad as Bolton signing players that they knew they couldn't pay.
09:44, Mon 11 Feb
bluearmyfaction
Maybe if the League actually gave details of who was under what at the time then people would understand.

As it is, signing a player from the German second division while under soft embargo doesn't sound as bad as Bolton signing players that they knew they couldn't pay.
This for me is another great point. Why is it that the EFL only choose to make public information regarding certain clubs. If a club is under any embargo, then surely it is in the interest of the footballing public for it to be out there.
12:29, Mon 11 Feb
Bizzarely, Bolton who haven't been able to pay their players, were still signing players in January
What did the Knights in White satin?
12:32, Mon 11 Feb
choc4
bluearmyfaction

This for me is another great point. Why is it that the EFL only choose to make public information regarding certain clubs. If a club is under any embargo, then surely it is in the interest of the footballing public for it to be out there.

The EFL didn't make any information public about anyone, they don't want you to know until they have to.
12:39, Mon 11 Feb
AND I'LL SHOUT BACK SO YOU UNDERSTAND!

A RULE BREAK IS A RULE BREAK IS A RULE BREAK SO IF THEY ALL FAILED THE RULES THEN THEY ALL GET PUNISHED NOT WE'LL GIVE YOU ONE LAST CHANCE TO COMPLY!

I fully understand we antagonised them with Pedersen but they can't just say to other clubs you broke the rules but we'll let you off if you don't sign anyone and do this that and the other to bend around the rules.

It should just be black and white, you break the rules you're going to get done.
12:44, Mon 11 Feb
choc4
Thats why Bolton are in the trouble they are in.
Vile got new owners in and they serviced the debt to stop the winding up order.

I don't think "servicing the debt" is the point.

The debt is the point.

You can only service the debt by creating more debt. We have been servicing the debt.

You can't make the debt disappear except by bringing new money in. Getting rich new owners doesn't do it by itself because they are not allowed to just throw in more money.
13:13, Mon 11 Feb
Yes and this is probably the main reason why we are all suspicious of them regarding how they are treating our club.
13:26, Mon 11 Feb
Spike
choc4
Thats why Bolton are in the trouble they are in.
Vile got new owners in and they serviced the debt to stop the winding up order.

I don't think "servicing the debt" is the point.

The debt is the point.

You can only service the debt by creating more debt. We have been servicing the debt.

You can't make the debt disappear except by bringing new money in. Getting rich new owners doesn't do it by itself because they are not allowed to just throw in more money.

It is all about servicing the debt and how you do it. We apparently have been told by the EFL to bring in more finances such as sponsorship deals. If we could do this it would help our situation but our owners are dragging their feet.
You are right that owners cannot just throw cash in but they can throw cash at some debt such as tax bills. That is what they did at little aston to save the club going out of business but they apparently still have a 50 million debt. Who do they owe that to? You tell me?
13:45, Mon 11 Feb
I think in their case the owners have taken on the debt so financially they are fine, as log as the owners are happy to do so, which is how most of the clubs in this division survive.

They still might breach the P&S regs though when you look at income v expenditure.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
14:46, Mon 11 Feb
Nose of Blue
A RULE BREAK IS A RULE BREAK IS A RULE BREAK SO IF THEY ALL FAILED THE RULES THEN THEY ALL GET PUNISHED NOT WE'LL GIVE YOU ONE LAST CHANCE TO COMPLY!

they were all punished, as were we. we were all placed under an embargo....

...THEN WE F*CKING IGNORED IT!!! JUST US!!! NO-ONE ELSE!!! JUST BLUES!!!

my god it's easier to explain quantum physics to my 3 year old.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
14:47, Mon 11 Feb
/laughs at the thought of A&E being able to explain quantum physics...
14:54, Mon 11 Feb
sorry i meant quantum leap
14:54, Mon 11 Feb
/laughs at the thought that his 3 year old will get any sense out of him on anything...
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.