10:33, Mon 11 Feb
Get the punishment out of the way now. If we win tomorrow night we'll have clawed back 9 points in the past 10 days of whatever they deduct.

If I were them, I'd have given us six now and six suspended (to be applied at the start of next season) depending on whether we breach this season. Sadly, I suspect we've breached this season too particularly with Che not being sold for peanuts in January (something I'm grateful we didn't do, btw).

And for all of those who complain we fans are "rolling over", just remember we - or rather Ren - has got us into this mess, so do me a favour and target the right person for your understandable anger for once. Tired of seeing how easily people go after the wrong targets again and again.
10:33, Mon 11 Feb
El Mayor
David Xavis
Quick Q.

You say we will be judged on a season to season basis from next year, does this mean we are allowed to lose no more than £13m next season?

Meaning, for example, we sell Che for £30m, we essentially have a massive chunk to then spend on building a title winning side for next season?

Yes, we would be allowed no more than £13mil

However, we wouldn't have a big chunk to spend, because we're close to or over limits currently. I think we'll need to sell Che so we don't fail this season.

By "this season", do you mean we have to sell him before the end of June? I'm guessing the part of the transfer window that's in July & August is part of the next season. So we'd need to get any sale wrapped up soon, rather than the usual last minute stuff on August 31st.

I don't like this whole " we need to sell che thing ".

We won't replace him, so we can pretty much get confortable in the championship or lower for the foreseeable future.
10:35, Mon 11 Feb
Having to sell Adams pisses me off possibly more than the potential points deduction. I feel like calling it a day on football.
10:35, Mon 11 Feb
Squatnose
El Mayor
David Xavis
Quick Q.

You say we will be judged on a season to season basis from next year, does this mean we are allowed to lose no more than £13m next season?

Meaning, for example, we sell Che for £30m, we essentially have a massive chunk to then spend on building a title winning side for next season?

Yes, we would be allowed no more than £13mil

However, we wouldn't have a big chunk to spend, because we're close to or over limits currently. I think we'll need to sell Che so we don't fail this season.

By "this season", do you mean we have to sell him before the end of June? I'm guessing the part of the transfer window that's in July & August is part of the next season. So we'd need to get any sale wrapped up soon, rather than the usual last minute stuff on August 31st.

Yet more genius from the EFL, let's force a sale deadline on the club so they have to take whatever offer comes their way on that day.

Surely they need to let us maximise the value of our asset?
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
10:37, Mon 11 Feb
It's not them forcing it on us, it's forcing it on ourselves cos we spent what we realistically cannot afford.

If we'd have been more sensible instead of spunking money left right and centre, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Jim
10:40, Mon 11 Feb
It's not them forcing it on us, it's forcing it on ourselves cos we spent what we realistically cannot afford.

If we'd have been more sensible instead of spunking money left right and centre, we wouldn't be in this mess.

But if they weren't obsessed with nailing us to the floor because Uncle Shaun doesn't like being disrespected by some cheeky upstart from a far-off land, our relatively minor transgression could and should have been dealt with months ago.
10:45, Mon 11 Feb
Polo
Having to sell Adams pisses me off possibly more than the potential points deduction. I feel like calling it a day on football.

To be honest, the Adams thing doesn't bother me THAT much in the scheme of things - because I think we have to be realistic.

We would probably be selling Adams this summer anyway because he is now at a Premier League level and the time has come.

What is good though, and this is why I think the board have done well over the last couple of weeks - is that for the first time in years we are probably going to get very good money for a player. Clubs like Burnley have had their chance to try and pinch him, the summer will be different. "Proper" clubs will want him and appreciate that they have to pay proper money. I said all along that I thought £15 million would be realistic - I think his performances are driving that up even further.

What would piss me off is if we had had to sell him well below value and not been able to use the money - but I can't see that now being the case.

Hopefully - if we sell him in the summer that will be for a good enough fee to sort the finances out and add two or three good but sensible signings to improve the team.

Best thing Che can do is keep wanging the goals in and playing like a beast.

Sometimes you have to accept that players have got a bit too good for where we are at and will move on. As long as you get weighed properly you needn't fear that I don't think.
this Ren chancer needs forcing out, if what you say is true he's incompetent and a liability

how is he still in a job?

good summary btw

hopeful we wont get done again next season after reading that but that seems dependant on Ren
TrevorFr​ancisTrackSuits
this Ren chancer needs forcing out, if what you say is true he's incompetent and a liability

good summary btw

hopeful we wont get done again next season after reading that but that seems dependant on Ren

Ren is very much protected by the people he works for - Zhao and King.
Hopefully the brazenness of Ren et al will allow us to either hang onto the likes of Che in the summer, or get astronomical numbers for him.
10:51, Mon 11 Feb
When Che goes in the summer it won't bother me too much for the above reasons. It's more than likely he would have gone anyway and the potential income can be used (subject to the EFL of course) redress the balance of / strengthen the squad.

Have quite a lot of faith in Monk to be able to do that successfully.
El Mayor
TrevorFr​ancisTrackSuits

good summary btw

Ren is very much protected by the people he works for - Zhao and King.

to they not want the club to succeed? guess they are as clueless as him about the implications of his actions
10:54, Mon 11 Feb
This.

Even if we were sitting pretty with cash, unless we got promoted this season there's little chance we'd end up keeping Adams. He's going to be looking at several prem options, plus a massive jump in wages - we wouldn't be able to hold onto him in any event.

Lets hope he bangs in 30 and the bidding starts at £25m.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
Do people not understand that a 12 point deduction will put us only 8 points off the relegation places. We would be going from a potential play off place to a RELEGATION BATTLE. It’s all very well people saying the team is good enough to win enough games to stay up...but what will it do mentally to the players...they will need a complete change in mentality....another relegation battle mentality....it’s asking a lot of them....and manager and fans. I feel like 4 wins we’ve already got count for absolutely nothing....this should have been done in August.
If they had surely the "relagation battle mentality" would have affected us more rather than us playing almost stress free for the want of better phrase ?
Bluesfir​ewhenkennyburns
Do people not understand that a 12 point deduction will put us only 8 points off the relegation places. We would be going from a potential play off place to a RELEGATION BATTLE. It’s all very well people saying the team is good enough to win enough games to stay up...but what will it do mentally to the players...they will need a complete change in mentality....another relegation battle mentality....it’s asking a lot of them....and manager and fans. I feel like 4 wins we’ve already got count for absolutely nothing....this should have been done in August.

The club with the backing of Garry Monk delayed it til February, with the rationale that it's easier to deal with going from 46 to 34 points than starting at -12
10:59, Mon 11 Feb
El Mayor
Bluesfir​ewhenkennyburns

The club with the backing of Garry Monk delayed it til February, with the rationale that it's easier to deal with going from 46 to 34 points than starting at -12

I think this is also why whenever asked about the top six, GM has always stated the aim this season is to stay up.
11:01, Mon 11 Feb
Correct. People who would prefer us to start on -12 next season in order to keep alive the very remote chance of promotion this season are bonkers IMO.
11:03, Mon 11 Feb
This.

Even if we were sitting pretty with cash, unless we got promoted this season there's little chance we'd end up keeping Adams. He's going to be looking at several prem options, plus a massive jump in wages - we wouldn't be able to hold onto him in any event.

Lets hope he bangs in 30 and the bidding starts at £25m.

I think the asking price is there already.

I read that Sessegnon is being touted around at £50m at the moment

Adams slightly older but much better results in this League. Has to be in between the asking price and RS value already.

He carries on with the goals, who knows what people would come back with, especially considering the English angle.
@Bluewurst1875
Ok fair play Mayor....I obviously didn’t know that...good piece as usual by the way👍