11:04, Mon 11 Feb
The chances of us being able to hold on to him are slim anyway. The interest will likely be too big, he’s been golden through the Jan window but unlikely to want to stick around when a move to a settled Premier League side comes up in the summer, let’s be realistic.

StechyBlue
El Mayor
David Xavis
Quick Q.

You say we will be judged on a season to season basis from next year, does this mean we are allowed to lose no more than £13m next season?

Meaning, for example, we sell Che for £30m, we essentially have a massive chunk to then spend on building a title winning side for next season?

Yes, we would be allowed no more than £13mil

However, we wouldn't have a big chunk to spend, because we're close to or over limits currently. I think we'll need to sell Che so we don't fail this season.

By "this season", do you mean we have to sell him before the end of June? I'm guessing the part of the transfer window that's in July & August is part of the next season. So we'd need to get any sale wrapped up soon, rather than the usual last minute stuff on August 31st.

I don't like this whole " we need to sell che thing ".

We won't replace him, so we can pretty much get confortable in the championship or lower for the foreseeable future.
Meant August last year....not next
11:08, Mon 11 Feb
If we got north of £25m for him I might think otherwise - can't see it though. Can't see us ending up with much to spend either.
Jim
11:09, Mon 11 Feb
If we got north of £25m for him I might think otherwise - can't see it though. Can't see us ending up with much to spend either.

Monday morning blues, Polo?

Hang on in there, it'll be afternoon before you know it!
No worries. I have read plenty of people wanting the punishment put off til the summer etc etc though. Not for me. For a start, we could fail again!
It's been a brilliant season but my gut feeling is we will finish (deduction aside) somewhere between 8th and 10th. Let's have the deduction now. In fact, I hope Blues have no say in this (if we are deducted points).
11:13, Mon 11 Feb
Prices now bear no relation to reality. If he hits 25/30 I can see him easily going for over £20m given his age and the fact he can play in a couple of positions now.

Look at Solanki, 8 goals in 55 games, £17m. Che is only a year older and has a much better record.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
11:13, Mon 11 Feb
Great piece Dan.

What about going for the people who got into this mess! Ren?
11:14, Mon 11 Feb
El Mayor
TrevorFr​ancisTrackSuits
this Ren chancer needs forcing out, if what you say is true he's incompetent and a liability

how is he still in a job?

good summary btw

hopeful we wont get done again next season after reading that but that seems dependant on Ren

Ren is very much protected by the people he works for - Zhao and King.

Just playing Devil's Advocate, maybe he's really good at his job but he made a mistake.
Your probably right....I just feel cheated that some great wins this season have been for nothing. Obviously not taking into account that those 4 wins have been massive in helping us to cushion the blow
The positive way I am trying to look at it is this: If the current league table was the final one (and as above I think it will be close to for Blues, ie outside the play-offs but comfortably more than 12 above the bottom three), then deduct the 12 points and it will not have hurt us, ie not altered our league status at the end of the day. That would be effectively getting away with it.

Unless Blues break into the top six or finish the final third of the campaign so badly that Reading, Rotherham etc can move to within 12 points off us then, ultimately, the deduction will have no impact.
11:23, Mon 11 Feb
I have absolutely no doubt that price is dictated by who you play for currently. Imagine if Adams was a vile player? Sky would be licking his arse constantly as they're on tv every bloody week, and they'd be talking up a figure of over £35m for such an amazing talent at the world famous vile. But because he plays for us (despite being higher in the table), we're looking at figures around half that amount.

And then there's Greasy Jack. If sold, he'd be a £40m shoe-in for the Spurs team according to Sky. But if he was a Blues player? He might get a £10m move to Burnley if we're lucky.
11:26, Mon 11 Feb
Zolsk
Great piece Dan.

What about going for the people who got into this mess! Ren?

Read other stuff I've written, I have been since last summer...
11:34, Mon 11 Feb
As fans celebrated Lee Camp saving Nakhi Wells injury time penalty to ensure Birmingham City beat QPR 4-3 on Saturday, news filtered through that the EFL have made their proposed sanction against Blues for their aggravated breach of the Profit and Sustainability Rules.

[almajir.net]
Great piece, completely correct.
Shows that we all need to go down on all fours and accept the EFL's d*ck in our collective ar*e.

The punishment on the rich men who own the corporate body that is BCFC is meanlingless to them. The punishment really falls on us fans who invest our hopes, emotions, and no small sum of money in following the club.
It is us that has to endure the derision, heartache and depression in a year that we had a real chance under Garry Monk.

No matter what the EFL and the lawyers say, that isn't fair on us fans.
Regards, Mick
11:35, Mon 11 Feb
I think you're giving too much creedence to media. Teams pay what they think they have to. Greasy won't be going anywhere for £40m. Adams is getting plenty of good write ups right now, the only thing effecting the price is the position the club is in, but given we didn't fold in January you'd like to think we'd hold out for decent money in the summer.
Thongs
11:35, Mon 11 Feb
Redditch Blue
The positive way I am trying to look at it is this: If the current league table was the final one (and as above I think it will be close to for Blues, ie outside the play-offs but comfortably more than 12 above the bottom three), then deduct the 12 points and it will not have hurt us, ie not altered our league status at the end of the day. That would be effectively getting away with it.

Unless Blues break into the top six or finish the final third of the campaign so badly that Reading, Rotherham etc can move to within 12 points off us then, ultimately, the deduction will have no impact.

Very true, but how gutting would this be if we got deducted 12 points and finished 11 off 6th come May?
11:36, Mon 11 Feb
It'd just be typical Blues, we're used to it. It is why we are the club we are. Embrace it.
Thongs
Typical isn't it...I spend the last 20 mins on Saturday trying not to have a stroke...then unparalleled joy at the end...and then this story breaks to kick me in the bollox ...only Blues eh...oh Joy's ans sorrows...☹
Apologies if anyone's mentioned this but

IF the EFL do apply the Points Deduction don't blues have a right to appeal at CAS?

I know we dont have anywhere near the Money Manchester City has but surely this could drag out into a huge long legal battle if Blues wanted if it just delays the inevitable.

If they hit us with a 12 point deduction and we are in the Playoff picture still theoretically surely it would suit Blues to throw the money at it to even just delay a possible deduction to chase the Pot of Gold which is the Premier League Riches?
11:42, Mon 11 Feb
Oh completely, yes. However, I don't think we will make it. Just think we will be 5 or 6 points short of it.
Again though, if we have the house in order over the summer and are able to trade freely and sensibly with Monk still at the helm then I would be proud of this season and really looking forward to 19/20 season.
Jim
11:42, Mon 11 Feb
but how gutting would this be if we got deducted 12 points and finished 11 off 6th come May?

As we are reminded on here every five minutes or so, we've been very naughty boys and deserve being spanked by wicked Uncle Shaun and his dubious mates.