Jim
11:45, Mon 11 Feb
Apologies if anyone's mentioned this but

IF the EFL do apply the Points Deduction don't blues have a right to appeal at CAS?

The only Right of Appeal written into the rules is the right to appeal to the Football League's own Appeals Panel.

Good luck with that, then.
11:51, Mon 11 Feb
derbyblue
even when Yeung came on board, Michael Dunsford was appointed initially - albeit he didn’t stick around too long

I guarantee if Dunford had remained at the club, Zigic would have had a relegation clause in his contract.
I wonder if Ren will survive this. With the exception of appointing Garry Monk, his record in the driving seat is pretty woeful, (Zola, Cotterill, Redknapp not to mention sacking Rowett).

Incompetence at best, arrogance at worst that has led us into this mess, clearly well out of his depth.

Can't imagine the owners are too chuffed right now. If he has blown our chance of promotion this season, surely it's time to replace the Boy Racer with someone competent?
12:14, Mon 11 Feb
number8
I think you're giving too much creedence to media. Teams pay what they think they have to. Greasy won't be going anywhere for £40m. Adams is getting plenty of good write ups right now, the only thing effecting the price is the position the club is in, but given we didn't fold in January you'd like to think we'd hold out for decent money in the summer.

To be fair, as you say, Adams is getting loads of attention.

And the big point is that goals sell, if you have a twenty goals plus striker...which suddenly we do - he will be worth money.

I honestly think that's the difference with Grealish. Ultimately, bigger clubs will look and say yeah - yeah, that's fine, but he doesn't score much and doesn't create much. And despite his talent - that matters.

People wondered why Madison went for money and Grealish didn't, that will be why. If Leicester were looking to poach the best attacking midfield player in The Championship, they would go for the bloke who gets the goals and sets goals up.
12:14, Mon 11 Feb
Our overlords dont speak any English at all. It's almost impossible to get to speak with them as everything goes through Ren anyway itll all be conveniently filtered out (ignored). He can tell them whatever he wants. #TeflonRen
12:15, Mon 11 Feb
KROJim
Our overlords dont speak any English at all. It's almost impossible to get to speak with them as everything goes through Ren anyway itll all be conveniently filtered out (ignored). He can tell them whatever he wants. #TeflonRen

Wouldn't it be shit if someone is trying to make sure stuff gets through in Mandarin?

;)
12:26, Mon 11 Feb
KROJim

Wouldn't it be shit if someone is trying to make sure stuff gets through in Mandarin?

;)

Can you translate this into Mandarin Dan?

12:48, Mon 11 Feb
Like others have said even if we weren’t in this mess we would be selling Che anyway. No chance does an early 20’s striker who’s going to bang in at least 25 goals stay in this league.

Having Ren here will actually benefit us in this as you know he’s not going to accept anything but a great offer. I believe Dan said we wanted 22 million in January, this will only increase as he bangs them in.

Thinking about it I’m cautiously optimistic for next season. That money will put us right and will leave a little bit for Monk to play with, and I trust he will put together a great squad.
12:51, Mon 11 Feb
micktheknife
As fans celebrated Lee Camp saving Nakhi Wells injury time penalty to ensure Birmingham City beat QPR 4-3 on Saturday, news filtered through that the EFL have made their proposed sanction against Blues for their aggravated breach of the Profit and Sustainability Rules.

[almajir.net]
Great piece, completely correct.
Shows that we all need to go down on all fours and accept the EFL's d*ck in our collective ar*e.

The punishment on the rich men who own the corporate body that is BCFC is meanlingless to them. The punishment really falls on us fans who invest our hopes, emotions, and no small sum of money in following the club.
It is us that has to endure the derision, heartache and depression in a year that we had a real chance under Garry Monk.

No matter what the EFL and the lawyers say, that isn't fair on us fans.

In a way though, the EFL are looking after the fans interests;

If the owners were allowed to carry on unchecked in their messing with a club who are meaningless to them then who knows, BCFC could well end up like Coventry City, i.e. no money, no ground and no hope, just years of misery for their loyal fans.

I'd rather take the points penalty now whist Blues are in a good position, than the possibility of enduring years of misery in the lower leagues
13:13, Mon 11 Feb
Times article today said we put a £22m price tag on Che, not sure if thats now or was in place during the transfer window but no-one came close to our valuation.

Going up by the day at present.
13:22, Mon 11 Feb
This.

Even if we were sitting pretty with cash, unless we got promoted this season there's little chance we'd end up keeping Adams. He's going to be looking at several prem options, plus a massive jump in wages - we wouldn't be able to hold onto him in any event.

Lets hope he bangs in 30 and the bidding starts at £25m.

This +. Che will almost certainly want to go to the prem, he's done well by us and he'd go with my blessing, we won't have much choice in the summer, imo - it'll put us square with P&S and we can start again.
13:35, Mon 11 Feb
number8
Prices now bear no relation to reality. If he hits 25/30 I can see him easily going for over £20m given his age and the fact he can play in a couple of positions now.

Look at Solanki, 8 goals in 55 games, £17m. Che is only a year older and has a much better record.

It's a staggering fee given that he scored so few goals and averaged only 26 in one day internationals.
13:37, Mon 11 Feb
Very good!
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
13:38, Mon 11 Feb
also, if blues did finish in the play-offs (I dont think we will though) and we appealed and a legal battle went on so the play-offs got delayed. what happens then?
And what about the team finishing in 7th? (it would be villa, obviously) Surely they would be launching their own legal battle to make sure we did get a points deduction.
TrevorFr​ancisTrackSuits
El Mayor
TrevorFr​ancisTrackSuits
this Ren chancer needs forcing out, if what you say is true he's incompetent and a liability

how is he still in a job?

good summary btw

hopeful we wont get done again next season after reading that but that seems dependant on Ren

Ren is very much protected by the people he works for - Zhao and King.

to they not want the club to succeed? guess they are as clueless as him about the implications of his actions

Great informative article brings things into perspective and enables us to understand the turn of events which know one else has been able to articulate.

However, a fair amount of the summary is based on your own perception/view.

Whilst it appears Ren has been the antagonizer in all this it would be great to hear his perspective on why he and the club took the steps they did. Surely he must have felt the rules could be circumvented and as such, you state the lawyers are probably still working on a loophole even now.

From a fans perspective I hope we reluctantly accept the punishment and are in a position whereby we can compete on an even keel in the summer with any embargo being removed, whilst keeping one eye open for other clubs and their indescretions to ensure consistency in punishments across the board.

We have faced bigger battles in the past and undoubtably in the future.
14:04, Mon 11 Feb
Never in a million years would a scenario unfold whereby the play-offs were delayed.
14:13, Mon 11 Feb
OR we try and keep Che and use him to try and win the league..
14:14, Mon 11 Feb
Why not keep Che?
14:14, Mon 11 Feb
Can you imagine if we were to finish above Villa but only if we hadn't had the points chopped?
El Mayor
TrevorFr​ancisTrackSuits
this Ren chancer needs forcing out, if what you say is true he's incompetent and a liability

how is he still in a job?

good summary btw

hopeful we wont get done again next season after reading that but that seems dependant on Ren

Ren is very much protected by the people he works for - Zhao and King.

to they not want the club to succeed? guess they are as clueless as him about the implications of his actions

If only our mysterious owners had the sense to recruit one of the many financial and business geniuses that infest SHA