09:06, Tue 12 Feb
Mrs has a Samsung S8+. Last night at about 9pm she had an automatic update come through (seems to be a security update) - phone hasn't worked properly since. Connection to vodaphone keeps dropping in and out. Send her a message and it repeatedly keeps coming through on her phone (45 times last count).
Tried turning it off and on again, a soft reboot, had the sim out and back in, got fed up and tried a factory reset and the phone won't even let us do that.

Is it goosed? under contract so back to the shop?

Ta babs 👍
09:10, Tue 12 Feb
turn phone off..... when its off press volume up button, bixby button and power on.....

Wait till you get information on screen and you should get some options to wipe / factory reset.

This should clear the phone.

Could be the update just has a bug that has been missed on vodafone network.

Don't forget, they can only test so many scenarios. We're all beta testers at the end of the day. Unaware we're secretly working for samsung by constantly live testing their products and reporting back when it's broken.
09:11, Tue 12 Feb
Cheers mate - I'll try that.
09:15, Tue 12 Feb
Gonna hold off on the reset as it wipes everything doesn't it? Just sent her a message again and it hasn't repeated - maybe she needs to be more patient - 12 hours does seem a long time for a software update to settle though.
Cheers for the help though - if it starts playing up again we'll try that.
09:18, Tue 12 Feb
Hit it with a effing big hammer
09:22, Tue 12 Feb
Try paying the bill once in a while.
Service providers normally appreciate it.

HTH
Rosie ....Ohh Rosie ....I'd like to paint your knickers Blue and White !
09:26, Tue 12 Feb
Very helpful - should of thought of that.
09:49, Tue 12 Feb
Gonna hold off on the reset as it wipes everything doesn't it? Just sent her a message again and it hasn't repeated - maybe she needs to be more patient - 12 hours does seem a long time for a software update to settle though.

Alternatively you could try same method i described but wipe cache partition... (instead of factory reset)

This can clear out any niggles without erasing phone data... perfectly safe to do and worth a shot after a big update.
11:25, Tue 12 Feb
Cheers Stetchers - all seems working fine again now - 12 hours seems a long time, must have been a big update.
11:37, Tue 12 Feb
Good good - bloody phones!
14:47, Tue 12 Feb

Alternatively you could try same method i described but wipe cache partition... (instead of factory reset)

This can clear out any niggles without erasing phone data... perfectly safe to do and worth a shot after a big update.

This.

Tend to have to do this after every major update with my phone
15:13, Tue 12 Feb
It's a pain, told her to turn off auto update. Not sure you actually gain that much anyway.
15:25, Tue 12 Feb
It's a pain, told her to turn off auto update. Not sure you actually gain that much anyway.

It's not always about what you gain in the OS but what security holes you plug.
15:40, Tue 12 Feb
Cheers mate. Old people and technology 😀