09:54, Tue 12 Feb
Another one of the World Cup Winning Team passed away RIP
DES
10:04, Tue 12 Feb
Greatest Keeper of his era, I have a pic of THAT SAVE from Pele in my office.
In Spain they have an annual award for La liga keeper of the year and its named after a former goalkeeping great Zamora.
I'm going to email F.A> asking them to consider similar award in his name!
RIP Gordon.

KRO
09:56, Tue 12 Feb
Gordon Banks. Fred Pickering. Johnny Haynes. Piss poor week this is turning out to be.
10:01, Tue 12 Feb
Bluemeadey
Gone :(

Such sad news. A true gent and Englishman

R.I.P Gordon Banks
10:05, Tue 12 Feb
A great goalkeeper ......... but he was no Lee Camp
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
DES
10:06, Tue 12 Feb
Fat Buddha
Gordon Banks. Fred Pickering. Johnny Haynes. Piss poor week this is turning out to be.

Johnny Haynes? think he got killed in car crash in Scotland about 15 yrs back!
Rip to them all though
10:07, Tue 12 Feb
RIP to an absolute legend, Gordon Banks.
Dong Ren OUT!
10:07, Tue 12 Feb
DES
2005 ....
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
10:08, Tue 12 Feb
I can remember back in the early 70’s me and my brother replicating the penalty save from Geoff Hurst in the semi v Wet Spam on our beds with a pair of rolled up footy socks as the ball ... it was a great save
10:17, Tue 12 Feb
DES
DES
Greatest Keeper of his era, I have a pic of THAT SAVE from Pele in my office.
In Spain they have an annual award for La liga keeper of the year and its named after a former goalkeeping great Zamora.
I'm going to email F.A> asking them to consider similar award in his name!
RIP Gordon.

KRO

I agree of his era one of the best, if not best goalkeepers. I still don't see the save from Pele as the World's greatest save though as so often said. It was good, but I have seen many more better saves in the my nearly 50 years of watching football.
Gordon Banks came to my infants school with Peter Shilton, we took pens against them, I put one past Shilton, no way was I beating Banks though!
Truly saddened to hear of his passing. RIP Gordon Banks. True Legend.
Not really the time to be controversial though is it?
Rip banksy. Such a shame.

However I still say the best save Ive seen is tommy koosh's against derby whilst playing for us. Brilliant save