Just watching the Brentford - Vile game.

They had all the players stand for a minute's applause to England's Number One.

Is there a single English player in the Brentford team? What the feck does it mean to them?
19:54, Wed 13 Feb
what you suggesting? They should warm up whilst the English chaps gather in a circle and have a minutes applause?
19:56, Wed 13 Feb
ZLAMMER
what you suggesting? They should warm up whilst the English chaps gather in a circle and have a minutes applause?
😁
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
20:02, Wed 13 Feb
they're having a minutes respect at Wembley as well and there is a german team playing ffs. IPF will go mad! Mind you he probably played squash with half the 66 team so has a right to be upset.
20:15, Wed 13 Feb
Damned if they Dom damned if they don't
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
21:38, Wed 13 Feb
World Cup Winner

Rip Banksy.
21:40, Wed 13 Feb
Fat Buddha
Trying to work it out, how many of the 66 team are still alive?

Martin Peters, Geoff Hurst, the Charlton Brothers....anyone else?

Jack kicked the bucket a few years ago
. He didn't , he's 83 and alive . Probably still kicking too
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
DES
14:39, Thu 14 Feb
Southside Blue
Fat Buddha
Trying to work it out, how many of the 66 team are still alive?

Martin Peters, Geoff Hurst, the Charlton Brothers....anyone else?

Jack kicked the bucket a few years ago
. He didn't , he's 83 and alive . Probably still kicking too

Here you go lads!
My all time favourite team!

Banks sadly just passed.
cohen fit and well, cancer survivor
J Charlton bad dementia, doesn't know who he is! so sad
Moore greatest English Defender ever passed away aged 51
Wilson just passed in 2018
Ball passed away heart attack
stiles dementia
R Charlton greatest English player ever still fit and well
peters now sadly diagnosed with dentia
hunt (his family in haulage, like mine) fit and well
Hurst hat trick hero also fit and well!
DES
14:20, Fri 15 Feb
DES
Heres a little postscript to this wonderful thread, all us old un recall it but for you young uns, did you know that Banks missed the 1970 q/f world cup game V Germany through food poisoning?
England went 2.0 up in a breathtaking display then with 20 mins to go Sir Alf (rightly) took off Bobby Charlton our midfield general to rest him for the semi (the heat was outrageous as I recall) and England had NEVER conceded a two goal lead under Ramsay.
However, Banks replacement Peter Bonetti ( who lives in sutton coldfield now) had a melt down and was culpable for first two goals.
Banks would have never let them in (can someone post a vid?) they were shockers.
At the time Banks was number 1 keeper in the world, tragic that he missed the game, for him, his team mates and for all of us England fans.

RIP GORDON!

kro
08:30, Sat 16 Feb
DES
There are those of us old ‘uns who remain convinced that Banksie’s food was deliberately inferred with by outside parties and that our substitute goalkeeper was got at. hence the two diabolical goals he gave away. They even tried to have Bobby Moore locked up for stealing something. All this because everyone feared the England team.

However, the Italian German semi-final was one of the greatest games seen and the final was Brazilian football at its best.

The 70s England team was at least as good if not better in pure footballing talent than the 66 squad.

Or is everything I remember the result of some kind of purple haze?

Great times
DES
08:47, Sat 16 Feb
No, Ct most people agree 70 team was better. Would we have beat Italy in that semi? Who knows!
I loved that team and Ramsay’s style of play 4.4.2, still do Tbf.
Gordon was probably one of three Great players in it along with Bobby Moore & sir bobby Charlton!
If I was picking all timegreat England team from my time watching, they would be first three names on the team sheet.
Rip Gordon!
Kro