When the opposition can bring on someone with McGinn’s ability and movement to change a game (and much as it pains me to say it, he absolutely did) and our only replacement is Craig Gardner I’m not sure you can blame the manager.

Of course Monk’s neither faultless or exempt from criticism but ultimately the players aren’t good enough and the cupboards are bare.

Balanced and fair post.

I just can't see why we played the game in the air yesterday. It was like the players didn't want the ball. They all looked scared. Soon as they get it, they just hoof it upfield....

and throw ins! don't even start me! Literally every throw in we have results in us being attacked with the opposition in possession of the ball. No one showing for the ball, all hiding behind a man. So frustrating.
09:31, Thu 14 Mar
Oh for a Barry Ferguson in his prime.
16:30, Thu 14 Mar
One thing is for sure, Mahoney and Mrabti didn't really grab the opportunity like I had hoped. Mrabti looked unfit at times.

Mahoney put some decent balls in but also ran into some awful dead-ends. I do agree though, they should be judged after a good run of games.

Of all wingers we have Jota is the best and although not done it enough this yea, he remains the most likely to change a game.

Jota & Mahoney for me on Saturday please.
16:56, Thu 14 Mar
Gary Rowett
I’d play Jota and Mahoney moving forward

I would try this, to me Mahoney has done enough over the last few appearances to show that he has got something. He played well last night and despite what some people say he did do his defensive work.

Maghoma on the other hand, I'm always non-plussed when I hear people talking about this Maghoma who works his bollocks off and does a mountain of defensive work. I think that must be a different Maghoma. The one I see play, sure he drops into positions, but then he's so fecking gormless and slow to react that people run in behind him really easily.

I'm still firmly of the opinion that the best way for wingers to help out defensively is by getting the ball and driving the opposition back toward their own goal and therefore as far away from our goal as possible.
StechyBlue
When the opposition can bring on someone with McGinn’s ability and movement to change a game (and much as it pains me to say it, he absolutely did) and our only replacement is Craig Gardner I’m not sure you can blame the manager.

Of course Monk’s neither faultless or exempt from criticism but ultimately the players aren’t good enough and the cupboards are bare.

Balanced and fair post.

I just can't see why we played the game in the air yesterday. It was like the players didn't want the ball. They all looked scared. Soon as they get it, they just hoof it upfield....

Reason Michael Morrisson consistently hoofs the ball is because there’s no-one in the middle who wants it, g.gardner shies away even when In space , c gardner points towards the wings where Harris tbf doubled up on our wingers as he knew our game.

If you have juke upfront he’ll at least give us a fighting chance of winning it and holding it up when it’s hoofed up.

Got to be players Down the leagues who can keep things ticking - jaymee Osbourne esque
17:28, Thu 14 Mar
Gary Rowett
I’d play Jota and Mahoney moving forward

I would try this, to me Mahoney has done enough over the last few appearances to show that he has got something. He played well last night and despite what some people say he did do his defensive work.

Maghoma on the other hand, I'm always non-plussed when I hear people talking about this Maghoma who works his bollocks off and does a mountain of defensive work. I think that must be a different Maghoma. The one I see play, sure he drops into positions, but then he's so fecking gormless and slow to react that people run in behind him really easily.

I'm still firmly of the opinion that the best way for wingers to help out defensively is by getting the ball and driving the opposition back toward their own goal and therefore as far away from our goal as possible.

I’m glad someone else sees this.

He was absolutely cack last night too. Stood out for his cackness in a sea of festering cack. Particularly impressed with his volley/trap in the box with no one near him when he fell over.

Jota and Mahoney for me too.

And while we are at it Morrison and Dean have not been great recently either.
@Bluewurst1875