11:00, Thu 14 Mar
Following on from the Monk thread...

If the season ended today, what would you give it out of 10?

Me: 7.

No runs in either cup, lost to Villa x2, never really troubled the play off spots.

But. Squad is thin, embargo, probably a couple of places above where I thought we might be, Che.
11:02, Thu 14 Mar
6 - average in every regard (apart from Che)
11:07, Thu 14 Mar

Most enjoyable season since Hughton was here
11:08, Thu 14 Mar

Most enjoyable season since Hughton was here

This, maybe even 7.5
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
11:12, Thu 14 Mar
7.5 here, to get the best out of Adams/ Juke has covered for the other areas of the squad where he can't bring in he the players he ideally wants.

You can see the team spirit, that comes from the manager.

We were always going to tail off at some point IMO, I would have played less first team players in the West Ham game as this season is all about staying up (if we do get the maximum points deduction). Bar that you're going to get ups and downs like every other team
11:15, Thu 14 Mar
Yeah, I'd go 7.

TBH, he probably deserves a 7.5-8 given the shite he's had to deal with. I think some underestimate just how well he's done to get the players motivated despite knowing we were going to be docked points. If this were Redknapp or Cotterill, we would be bottom. No question.

However, there is still room to grow in terms of how we respond to negative teams like Millwall and Bolton, and those f*cking derbies.
11:16, Thu 14 Mar
Its an 8 from me.
11:22, Thu 14 Mar
Wow
11:23, Thu 14 Mar
6 - average in every regard (apart from Che)

Spells of real hope. Some great football, but also full matches of the utter opposite - dogshit.

What's ruined it for me, is that we've had several opportunities to put proper daylight between us and villa and reach playoffs but we just seem to bottle it....mostly at home, against poor teams we should (or at least need to be) be beating.

it's that hope that's killed it for me. I was full of hope Sunday, that vanished quickly. Then full of hope last night... aagain, i realised quickly they just couldn't do it and in these games it's like they are scared of playing. Last night no one even wanted to have a go.
11:27, Thu 14 Mar
9 we got our football club back .
Management players fans as one
Excellent off field as well as on
Its not all about winning
11:29, Thu 14 Mar
6/10.
There have been several very good games/performances but....
We had the bonus of two strikers scoring for fun, mid-season, so that should have taken us from the 10-12th where I expected us to be, to top 6.
The two 2nd half performances v that lot down the road were inept.
Really poor performances v weak teams at home.
Jota has had no impact in half our games, either injured; not looking interested or subbed/dropped.
No signs of new U23 players impacting the 1st team is a big disappointment for me. Even Wes has shown little or no improvement in two years.
Some of the above is arguably down to a thin squad, but I’m disappointed that none of the fringe players has improved to 1st team level.
It’s time for fresh ideas & tactics, so that we can finish the season more positively.
12:01, Thu 14 Mar

A 10 would be winning the league
A 9 would be winning the play off
An 8 would be a play off run
7 is just outside of the play offs.

Unfortunately we've had this FFP thing over us all season which has ruined our season come the end.
Blues feel like they are ready to become stable and the link between club and fans is as strong as it has ever been.
12:06, Thu 14 Mar
SOBLUE
6/10.
There have been several very good games/performances but....
We had the bonus of two strikers scoring for fun, mid-season, so that should have taken us from the 10-12th where I expected us to be, to top 6.
The two 2nd half performances v that lot down the road were inept.
Really poor performances v weak teams at home.
Jota has had no impact in half our games, either injured; not looking interested or subbed/dropped.
No signs of new U23 players impacting the 1st team is a big disappointment for me. Even Wes has shown little or no improvement in two years.
Some of the above is arguably down to a thin squad, but I’m disappointed that none of the fringe players has improved to 1st team level.
It’s time for fresh ideas & tactics, so that we can finish the season more positively.

How does that have anything to do with Monk?
12:07, Thu 14 Mar
7 and 9/10ths.
12:07, Thu 14 Mar
The same way Adams has improved ?
12:09, Thu 14 Mar
5 due to the embarrassing home form.
12:34, Thu 14 Mar

Seriously, what do you suggest given the squad he has at hand?
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
13:15, Thu 14 Mar
7.5 I'd have taken being 6 points off the top 6 all day long at the beginning of the season. Don't think we'll be this close at the end of the season even if we didn't get any deduction.
I've always said this season, that if we finished 10th or 11th The Penguin would be cracking open the champagne and toasting a relatively brilliant season.

Having achievable, realistic ambitions in life is key. My ambition was based on

-successive relegation scraps
-chaotic player buying strategy since Zola days, made much worse by Rednapp
-efl pressure
-efl threatening points deduction
-inability to sign players to up the quality and relieve the squad
-thin squad with quality in only a few areas

No one should have been talking about playoffs with all that going on. That is not defeatist. It is good management.

Yes we have looked top six-ish in a few games. But have we looked top six-ish across a 46 game season?

No.
13:21, Thu 14 Mar
All things considered 7

The owners 1