bluearmyfaction
The can be bullish about the case, because passing or failing P&S is objective. Leaving aside the cheat codes certain clubs use.

Have they been bullish about the penalty? 12 is what they’re asking for. That is going to be top bins. The absolute worst they think that they can justify. Not necessarily what is reasonable.

My worry about Mishcons is that they are aggressive in litigation. That is not always the way to go. But they are smart enough to play the mitigation game and they will be getting a decent QC (I assume) for the hearing itself.
Agree.They will want to show their teeth over being disrespected over Pederson.
It’s like the prosecution going for a first degree murder conviction in the hope they get something else that they would be secretly happy with.
I reckon we’ll get 6 points but could be 9.
21:24, Thu 14 Mar
El Mayor
I think we're going to get deducted 12 points.

The EFL have been very bullish which makes me think they have a solid case.

I still hold on to the hope that as we're the 'test case' for the new rules, they aren't going to go high with us, knowing that several other clubs will potentially fail FFP with worse figures than us; it doesn't leave them with much else to go with if they do.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
06:03, Fri 15 Mar
I don't know, haven't we failed it pretty badly?
06:12, Fri 15 Mar
bluer than blues
According to Mayor, the delay was on our side, not EFL's.

Both sides agreed to it
06:19, Fri 15 Mar
People seem to forget that we are not just there because our figures are horrendous. We signed a player when we were told not to. That is probably a bigger piss take than anything else. We are being tried for two separate things and deserved to be punished
06:46, Fri 15 Mar
Roman
People seem to forget that we are not just there because our figures are horrendous. We signed a player when we were told not to. That is probably a bigger piss take than anything else. We are being tried for two separate things and deserved to be punished

We can sign anyone we want but need permission to register him to play. The efl gave that permission.
06:53, Fri 15 Mar
regarding villa ffp should they fail it but go up in the play offs does that follow them into the prem because if it doesn't it's basically a free licence to gamble with over the 3 year ffp period and I thought ffp was designed for that reason to stop clubs basically gambling?
07:01, Fri 15 Mar
Mario kempes 78
regarding villa ffp should they fail it but go up in the play offs does that follow them into the prem because if it doesn't it's basically a free licence to gamble with over the 3 year ffp period and I thought ffp was designed for that reason to stop clubs basically gambling?

That would be very spawny if that happened. But apparently vile aren't at all spawny according to some on here, so I shouldn't worry about it.
07:14, Fri 15 Mar
I dont tbink vile would give a shiny shit, they would come straight back with a huge wedge and parachute payments leaving them 3 years to do it legally. Win win win !
07:17, Fri 15 Mar
Squatnose
Mario kempes 78

That would be very spawny if that happened. But apparently vile aren't at all spawny according to some on here, so I shouldn't worry about it.
Nurse!!
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
07:43, Fri 15 Mar
Hearing is next week, maybe, apparently:

[www.telegraph.co.uk]
08:16, Fri 15 Mar
18th I heard
08:17, Fri 15 Mar
Worrying as ever but loads of guesswork in there.
To say it’s going to happen during the international break is now nothing short of obvious.
He’s now saying a punishment of up to ten would land us in bother. He’s been adamant all along it will be 12, so covering all bases there.
Efl ‘understood’ to be pushing for the punishment? He was adamant previously. The punishment can be more than 12 actually anyway.
He either knows what they are pushing for or doesn’t. What the panel agree on is another thing that it’s impossible for anyone to know at this stage.
Birmingham are hugely frustrated by the delay, but it’s been us delaying it on several occasions. I know that for a fact.
Finally, the mention and picture of Sunday’s events confirm to me at least that he’s determined to scaremonger. What happened on Sunday has absolutely nothing to do with this. It has no need to be mentioned.
09:31, Fri 15 Mar
Mario kempes 78

IIRC you're supposed to be punished in April after you submit your accounts by the end of March and are found to be in breach of FFP.

I can see the rules changing though in that any form of breach is a set number of points, say 6 and then a further deduction added once there's been a disciplinary sitting as you know the EFL won't be able to get it all done in April, especially if multiple clubs breach it.
09:46, Fri 15 Mar
brummiestu87
Mario kempes 78

IIRC you're supposed to be punished in April after you submit your accounts by the end of March and are found to be in breach of FFP.

I can see the rules changing though in that any form of breach is a set number of points, say 6 and then a further deduction added once there's been a disciplinary sitting as you know the EFL won't be able to get it all done in April, especially if multiple clubs breach it.

You don't recall correctly. Submissions are first made at the end of March but as the season isn't completed until the end of June nothing can be done until then.