The EFL won't punish the rest next season, regardless of what you think about Ren.

They will let them bend the rules, creatively account and get away with it.

They took a dislike to our MD and attitude with Pedersen, they punished us for that not the financial results.

They hid the punishment behind the financial results because they know everyone else can get round them next season.

Completely confident that I'm not wrong.

You sound like Gramsc. Get yer head out yer 'arris - we were punished because our MD(?) is an incompetent, he could also have got around the rules but was too arrogant/stupid/useless to do so - that's why we have been punished, no other reason. The independent tribunal said that Pedersen was not a factor.

I've already agreed the EFL and the P&S rules as they are being applied are a joke, but some Blues fans shouldn't excuse Ren and hide his shitness behind the EFL. I was fully behind these rules in principle, but they are as flimsy as a butterfly's fart as it turns out, which makes Ren managing to be the only one to fail them even more spectacularly w*nk.
09:34, Wed 10 Apr
Its fairly clear that the EFL want to give clubs enough flexibility and leeway to not be punished hence working with clubs to adopt a business plan and going under a "soft" embargo to help them pass. I fully expect the EFL to support their (that's right their - it is a membership) clubs again in the summer to avoid punishment for those that are sailing close to the wind.

We fairly comprehensively exceeded the limits but I firmly believe that if Ren had worked with the EFL in the summer, adopted the business plan, respected the soft embargo AND NOT SIGNED PEDERSEN we would not have been punished.

Yet people still want to blame the EFL. And before anybody says "oh but the panel found the Pedersen wasn't an issue" that's right they did, but the only, THE ONLY, reason it went to a panel in the first place was because we pissed off the EFL to such an extent by signing Pedersen that they enforced the P&S punishment on us.
09:36, Wed 10 Apr
Exactly. Bang on.

Scoobers, another Magna for you.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
09:40, Wed 10 Apr
And if we'd bent the rules we wouldn't have had a soft embargo because we wouldn't have been over the limits, therefore we'd have been free to sign Pedersen anyway.

Weak, shitty, hopeless rules, badly worded and badly implemented, that you can drive a bus through, and we managed to break them.
@LeMod1875
09:44, Wed 10 Apr
Le Mod
And if we'd bent the rules we wouldn't have had a soft embargo because we wouldn't have been over the limits, therefore we'd have been free to sign Pedersen anyway.

Weak, shitty, hopeless rules, badly worded and badly implemented, that you can drive a bus through, and we managed to break them.

Exactly this.
09:55, Wed 10 Apr
Le Mod

Which is why I'm cautiously optimistic for next season. There seem to be a huge amount of loopholes round it, surely Ren can get someone in who can do what other teams are doing?

He's not THAT incompetent surely?
10:12, Wed 10 Apr
Musername
Le Mod

Which is why I'm cautiously optimistic for next season. There seem to be a huge amount of loopholes round it, surely Ren can get someone in who can do what other teams are doing?

Okay let me piss on your chips.

The EFL aren't the only people concerned by our accounts - the HKSE aren't happy with how much BSH are losing either.
10:22, Wed 10 Apr
So we got punished for our honesty.
DES
10:27, Wed 10 Apr
Dan, could the HKSE go for a delisting or something of that ilk?

KRO
10:28, Wed 10 Apr
DES
DES
Dan, could the HKSE go for a delisting or something of that ilk?

KRO

Honest answer - no idea.
10:28, Wed 10 Apr
bluearmyfaction

I wouldn't say that. I'd say we got punished for thinking we could ignore the rules.
10:44, Wed 10 Apr
@LeMod1875
11:00, Wed 10 Apr
Not an unreasonable stance, given e.g. QPR...
12:14, Wed 10 Apr
El Mayor
bluearmyfaction

I wouldn't say that. I'd say we got punished for thinking we could ignore the rules.
Like others, who have not been as honest in the accounts it seems
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
12:24, Wed 10 Apr
Musername
Le Mod

Okay let me piss on your chips.

The EFL aren't the only people concerned by our accounts - the HKSE aren't happy with how much BSH are losing either.

Speaks volumes that does.
20:07, Mon 15 Apr
Bolton's Supporters Trust are currently holding an open meeting and there's a live blog here:

[www.theboltonnews.co.uk]

Some interesting snippets so far like:

On Wednesday Bolton Whites Hotel are in the court too ... The hotel is a very, very important cash stream and winding it up would diminish the value of the club in the eyes of the court or an administrator

I don't know everything but I know some things, I receive confidential info from various parties, and I don't see anyone willing or able to buy the club as a going concern.

They found there was significantly more debt and not enough movement among the creditors and especially KA to make it possible
20:16, Mon 15 Apr
The EFL knew three years ago about our owners' background, they knew if they cared to add up a few figures that the business plan, relying as it did on a high interest loan, was laughable.

The EFL said 'go ahead' and then what did they do? They started to think about monitoring us, gave us embargos, what was that going to do?

"We were threatened with a 12pt deduction for admin. What was that going to do?

"It was only a few weeks ago that the EFL said they were satisfied the club had enough money to get to the end of the season.

"If and when this club goes into admin we will have a lot to say to them when in a great part they have made a contribution to the mess we're in.
20:18, Mon 15 Apr
The EFL are a self-serving fecking mess
mad
20:36, Mon 15 Apr
Sounds like their game with Villa is in doubt. May have to be behind closed doors if Ken Anderson cannot assure full staffing of the ground
20:38, Mon 15 Apr
mad
So, in short, the EFL says Ken Anderson and Wanderers have the funds to last until the end of the season.

They have the funds... So why are they not using them, then?