11:46, Tue 19 Mar
Yep - someone will pick them up.
12:43, Tue 19 Mar
Is this true?
13:17, Tue 19 Mar
Noel Blake's Headbutt
Doesn't a winding up order just put them into admin? Then, if no-one buys them in admin it's liquidation - it's only then that everyone else loses their points.

Yep...

I believe that if a club goes into administration they get an immediate 12 point deduction. Such a deduction does not lead to any adjustment to other teams points tally.

Liquidation would mean they don't exist and any points earned in the current season to date would-be expunged i.e. the points and table adjusted as if their games did not take place.
13:52, Tue 19 Mar
Blue H
Is this true?

If a team goes bust and can't fulfil its fixtures then all games against them become void.

I highly doubt they will go bust tbh, someone will buy them at the last minute no doubt when the vultures are circling
14:01, Tue 19 Mar
B_C_F_C
Noel Blake's Headbutt
Doesn't a winding up order just put them into admin? Then, if no-one buys them in admin it's liquidation - it's only then that everyone else loses their points.

Yep...

I believe that if a club goes into administration they get an immediate 12 point deduction. Such a deduction does not lead to any adjustment to other teams points tally.

Liquidation would mean they don't exist and any points earned in the current season to date would-be expunged i.e. the points and table adjusted as if their games did not take place.

It's not necessarily immediate,if it looks like you will be relegated without the deduction then it's applied to next season. Bolton look doomed.
Revere me.
14:41, Tue 19 Mar
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue
It's not necessarily immediate,if it looks like you will be relegated without the deduction then it's applied to next season. Bolton look doomed.

And that is why any points deduction we get should not be this season.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
DES
14:44, Tue 19 Mar
Rasputin

Why do you say that Grigori?
kro
14:55, Tue 19 Mar
You need to know the number of points to be deducted first, as well as any other additional punishments, before reaching that conclusion for us. Any points suspended would also be a factor.

If it was six or less off now then I'd agree, but 12 or more then why not this season?

We could, clearly, go down this season with a 12-point deduction.

If applied next season with further sanctions too, it more or less kills us. I don't think it should be the EFL's mission to do that.

A big fine, further continued embargo and points off now (thereby certainly threatening our Champ status instantly), is certainly arguable as a fair punishment, no?
15:23, Tue 19 Mar
Redditch Blue
A big fine,

A big fine would be ludicrous though, wouldn't it.

A club overspends and exceeds acceptable losses, fine it more money and add to its losses.

I wouldn't rule it out on the basis that the EFL is an utter shambles, but it would be silly.
15:26, Tue 19 Mar
If the Court grants the winding up order, the company will be placed into compulsory liquidation (i.e. not administration). In those circumstances, the Official Receiver is appointed as liquidator until the creditors appoint an insolvency practitioner for this role. The liquidator takes control and all directors' powers cease. The company cannot dispose of property and all employees are also automatically dismissed.

There are various avenues that could be pursued before the Court makes such an order. I anticipate that patience will, however, be wearing thin after so many petitions to date...

I have not consulted the EFL's rules on a club entering liquidation but, if the order is made, administration is out of the question.
15:47, Tue 19 Mar
I could be wrong here, but I am not certain fines count towards P&S figures. If they do, you are categorically correct to say it's a nonsense!

IF fines don't count towards figures, then hitting a club in the pocket is not entirely illogical because during this debacle Blues were, to my limited mind at least, seemingly keen to spend considerably more on numerous occasions. In such a case then, limiting our resources is a punishment.

I accept your point though because if they are concerned by our sustainability, then a fine is not going to help ultimately. On the other hand, if they don't fine us or dock us big points totals (thereby threatening a league status which would lead to further losses), then they are just standing by and watching.

I think P&S is a joke though and it should be down to clubs alone as to whether they live or die. Villa's situation for example - in the summer it was outrageous and the effers were lucky HMRC played ball with them - but now they have real money and should be able to spend it in my opinion.

The EFL would be glad of the funds from a fine, of that I am sure! I'm sick of all this. Absolutely sick of it all.
15:57, Tue 19 Mar
Rasputin

No its not. If we went into administration now then we would be deducted them now. The rule was brought in as clubs were deliberately going into admin after they'd already been doomed saving them for next season. Think it was Leeds that were the reason it changed.
Revere me.
16:20, Tue 19 Mar
No its not. If we went into administration now then we would be deducted them now. The rule was brought in as clubs were deliberately going into admin after they'd already been doomed saving them for next season. Think it was Leeds that were the reason it changed.[/quote]

I think there was also a case where Boston United, losing a relegation decider v Wrexham and facing certain relegation, went into administration during that last match of the season. As the rules were at the time they thereby had the points deducted immediately that season rather than the following season... [news.bbc.co.uk]

Mind you, IIRC such where their financial problems I think the FA still demoted them a couple of divisions.
16:30, Tue 19 Mar
I notice Mark Albrighton played in that game for Boston, or was a sub.
16:31, Tue 19 Mar
But not the Villa, Leicester one, doh.
16:41, Tue 19 Mar
I thought the ability to limit an organisations ability to trade fairly without restriction was enshrined in law under restraint of trade.

Why do the P&S rules & EFL restrictions and limit on salaries, buying & registering players etc not count as a restraint of trade?
16:48, Tue 19 Mar
Because they're not trading fairly.
17:09, Tue 19 Mar
No legal expert but EFL rules are not law and so in the context of the law I would imagine would be a commercial restriction of trade. Just saying they are not not behaving fairly is not an answer to the question
17:23, Tue 19 Mar
Harvey when interviewed on Sky said the committee will try and make the decision for this season...but will need time to weigh up all the evidence....he also mentioned the right of appeal
Interviewed on Sky about it?