11:38, Tue 19 Mar
Er... If they are wound up they are liquidated aren't they? So there'd be no administration and no points deduction and it'd be immediate not passed over to next season.

Wouldn't it?
brummiestu87
Le Mod
I’d fecking love to have those 6 points back.

Hate to break it to you but they'd be giving us our zero points back, in an empty box.

But any team that beat them, which was a fair few will lose those points so we will gain for it.

Doesn't a winding up order just put them into admin? Then, if no-one buys them in admin it's liquidation - it's only then that everyone else loses their points.

I can see people waiting for admin then trying to pick them up on the cheap.
11:41, Tue 19 Mar
Listed as item 148 on the running order for the Insolvency and companies court tomorrow.

Judge Jones sitting on this and item item 126, Macclesfeld Town FC, also in court tomorrow.
Exactly - someone will buy them from admin, and they will start again.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
Might pop down and wear my SOTV tshirt.....
11:46, Tue 19 Mar
Yep - someone will pick them up.
12:43, Tue 19 Mar
Is this true?
13:17, Tue 19 Mar
Noel Blake's Headbutt
Doesn't a winding up order just put them into admin? Then, if no-one buys them in admin it's liquidation - it's only then that everyone else loses their points.

Yep...

I believe that if a club goes into administration they get an immediate 12 point deduction. Such a deduction does not lead to any adjustment to other teams points tally.

Liquidation would mean they don't exist and any points earned in the current season to date would-be expunged i.e. the points and table adjusted as if their games did not take place.
13:52, Tue 19 Mar
Blue H
Is this true?

If a team goes bust and can't fulfil its fixtures then all games against them become void.

I highly doubt they will go bust tbh, someone will buy them at the last minute no doubt when the vultures are circling
14:01, Tue 19 Mar
B_C_F_C
Noel Blake's Headbutt

Yep...

I believe that if a club goes into administration they get an immediate 12 point deduction. Such a deduction does not lead to any adjustment to other teams points tally.

Liquidation would mean they don't exist and any points earned in the current season to date would-be expunged i.e. the points and table adjusted as if their games did not take place.

It's not necessarily immediate,if it looks like you will be relegated without the deduction then it's applied to next season. Bolton look doomed.
Revere me.
14:41, Tue 19 Mar
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue
It's not necessarily immediate,if it looks like you will be relegated without the deduction then it's applied to next season. Bolton look doomed.

And that is why any points deduction we get should not be this season.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
DES
14:44, Tue 19 Mar
Rasputin
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue

And that is why any points deduction we get should not be this season.
Why do you say that Grigori?
kro
14:55, Tue 19 Mar
You need to know the number of points to be deducted first, as well as any other additional punishments, before reaching that conclusion for us. Any points suspended would also be a factor.

If it was six or less off now then I'd agree, but 12 or more then why not this season?

We could, clearly, go down this season with a 12-point deduction.

If applied next season with further sanctions too, it more or less kills us. I don't think it should be the EFL's mission to do that.

A big fine, further continued embargo and points off now (thereby certainly threatening our Champ status instantly), is certainly arguable as a fair punishment, no?
15:23, Tue 19 Mar
Redditch Blue
A big fine,

A big fine would be ludicrous though, wouldn't it.

A club overspends and exceeds acceptable losses, fine it more money and add to its losses.

I wouldn't rule it out on the basis that the EFL is an utter shambles, but it would be silly.
15:26, Tue 19 Mar
If the Court grants the winding up order, the company will be placed into compulsory liquidation (i.e. not administration). In those circumstances, the Official Receiver is appointed as liquidator until the creditors appoint an insolvency practitioner for this role. The liquidator takes control and all directors' powers cease. The company cannot dispose of property and all employees are also automatically dismissed.

There are various avenues that could be pursued before the Court makes such an order. I anticipate that patience will, however, be wearing thin after so many petitions to date...

I have not consulted the EFL's rules on a club entering liquidation but, if the order is made, administration is out of the question.