Deliberate maybe ?

As a mere coincidence:

It is understood that hospitality at the game is already under significant doubt after a deadline to pay caterers Heathcote & Co was not met.

[www.theboltonnews.co.uk]
17:11, Fri 5 Apr
Cover up is the general opinion amogst bolton fans, unpaid bills.
mad
10:48, Sat 6 Apr
Game on but the hassle this has caused Ipswich isn't really on!
13:17, Mon 8 Apr
mad
[twitter.com]

EFL now financing Bolton to keep them going. Ridiculous.
13:22, Mon 8 Apr
brierleyblue
[twitter.com]

Yeah, it's bad. I think that was to ensure the fixtures happen, the League do not want a team to fold this late.

I read in the Times if Bolton don't pay their players by tomorrow they get a two window transfer ban
13:24, Mon 8 Apr
El Mayor
brierleyblue
[twitter.com]

Yeah, it's bad. I think that was to ensure the fixtures happen, the League do not want a team to fold this late.

I read in the Times if Bolton don't pay their players by tomorrow they get a two window transfer ban

That's ridiculous if that's the case. Makes the sale of the club less appealing to prospective buyers because the current owner is a chunt.
13:26, Mon 8 Apr
The players can also walk out on Sunday as freebies
13:54, Mon 8 Apr
e17blue
The players can also walk out on Sunday as freebies

I'd go in for Josh Vela if he was on a free.
14:03, Mon 8 Apr
Hopefully we'll be circling vulture like 😁
lets lend them st andrews in return for some points
14:50, Mon 8 Apr
So in effect the league help club out financially so they avoid possible points deduction.

EFL are a complete joke.
14:56, Mon 8 Apr
So in effect the league help club out financially so they avoid possible points deduction.

EFL are a complete joke.

I think they're more worried about them not being able to fulfil match obligations. Which means pure hassle for EFL. I am not sure they would even know what to do and thats what they might be worried about.
14:58, Mon 8 Apr
StechyBlue

EFL are a complete joke.

I think they're more worried about them not being able to fulfil match obligations. Which means pure hassle for EFL. I am not sure they would even know what to do and thats what they might be worried about.

Basically this.

With 40 games gone a team having all their games expunged from the records causes havoc. Last time I think was Aldershot, and that was in 1992 after 36 games
15:02, Mon 8 Apr
But as much as i would not like Bolton to go bust, why should they be helped for not living within their means.

They have avoided Administration so far so if bought will get no penalty for breaking the very basics that FFP is meant to promote.

Think the EFL have been made to look very silly here
15:08, Mon 8 Apr
But as much as i would not like Bolton to go bust, why should they be helped for not living within their means.

They have avoided Administration so far so if bought will get no penalty for breaking the very basics that FFP is meant to promote.

Think the EFL have been made to look very silly here

Does look bad. Would have looked even worse if our deduction had come this week while they bail another team out.
15:27, Mon 8 Apr
It's happened this season in the Northern Premier League - North Ferriby United, who were one step short of the League itself in 2017, went pop with nine games to go.
So we get deducted 9 points and the EFL are funding Bolton Wanderers.

Was I right that the EFL are a bunch of hypocritical, irrational, bureaucratic fools? Or was I right?

I want Bolton to survive but this whole process of FFP and Profitability and Sustainability has been garbage from the beginning. The EFL do nowt so stop Wolves or Villa busting the rules and now seem to be desperate to fund a club in financial trouble. Fecking, irrational madness.
[www.prostatecanceruk.org] is a really useful link.

You can access information, speak to an advisor with expert information or email them. It’s a really good service, I think.
17:43, Mon 8 Apr
The EFL are vile, they're beyond any defence at this point yet people will still find excuses for their practises.
Dong Ren Out.
17:46, Mon 8 Apr
Nope no defence it seems as if it's one rule for us and a bung for others.
17:54, Mon 8 Apr
The mob from B6 didn't break the rules last year.

This year has yet to be decided.

Give the paranoia a break.