I know for a fact, Kenny threatened to break Trevor’s legs at half time during the FA Cup game against Leeds at home in 1977 as they were arguing over who had scored....I was there...can’t remember which way round it was but one shot and it hit the other on its way in. I asked Willie Bell on Tony Butlers phone in why he had sold my hero (Kenny obviously) for £150k...Butler said to Bell that he didn’t have to answer the question...Bell said I will...and that’s what he said....
DES
10:04, Mon 15 Apr
I recall there was a goal they both claimed, but remember Kenny was a shit trainer (by his own admission) and off the field a total wildman wheras Trev was a model pro, so two sides to every story!

KRO
10:09, Mon 15 Apr
DES
Kenny used to have to train in bin liners to sweat the beer off......my hero😎😎😎
DES
I was at every one of those play off matches, God I felt sorry for Trev (and us) apart from Barnsley I thought we could have easily went through against both Watford & Preston, bloody penalty takers let us down both times!
Stan the mans late min miss @ deepdale immediately followed by their off side winner! GRRRR!
Hope the club do acknowledge Trevs birthday, if not yes one mins clapping in 65Th sounds great idea.

KRO

I always felt TF could have used the situation at Deepdale to our advantage by staying calm and installing a bit of a siege mentality
and quiet motivation amongst the group prior to the penalties. Instead he got everyone unsettled and flustered especially himself

Of course it doesn't mean the outcome would have been any different but he could have channelled & used his emotions in a more positive way
and avoided the chaos prior to the shoot out. Easy for me to say his hindsight, guess his passion just got the better of him
If anyone meets him...ask him if he “ knows his onions”....then duck quickly....I asked him that as I knew his ex missus was Theresa Onions...and he accused me of shagging her....😜😜😜
Kenny not Trevor....⬆️⬆️
Bordesley not Small Heath
DES
I was at every one of those play off matches, God I felt sorry for Trev (and us) apart from Barnsley I thought we could have easily went through against both Watford & Preston, bloody penalty takers let us down both times!
Stan the mans late min miss @ deepdale immediately followed by their off side winner! GRRRR!
Hope the club do acknowledge Trevs birthday, if not yes one mins clapping in 65Th sounds great idea.

KRO

I always felt TF could have used the situation at Deepdale to our advantage by staying calm and installing a bit of a siege mentality
and quiet determination amongst the group prior to the penalties. Instead he got everyone unsettled and flustered especially himself

Of course it doesn't mean the outcome would have been any different but he could have channelled & used his emotions in a more positive way
and avoided the chaos prior to the shoot out. Easy for me to say his hindsight, guess his passion just got the better of him
bordesley, I loved TREV, but that wasnt passion it was a bloody hissy fit!
I was angry as fook as I felt he wrecked the situation that night, then we missed first two bloody pens!!
KRO
10:23, Mon 15 Apr
DES
DES
Bordesley not Small Heath
DES

KRO

and quiet determination amongst the group prior to the penalties. Instead he got everyone unsettled and flustered especially himself

bordesley, I loved TREV, but that wasnt passion it was a bloody hissy fit!
I was angry as fook as I felt he wrecked the situation that night, then we missed first two bloody pens!!
KRO

Agree.
At the end of my post I was desperately trying to give him the benefit of the doubt as I loved him too, I started going to B9 in the 70s
penguin kit days when he was playing, BUT.....yes, he did fook it up and didn't use the situation to our advantage
DES
11:05, Mon 15 Apr
Bordesley

Have you ever heard Trev speak to an audience?
My God he would bore a glass eye to sleep!
But lets never forget the pleasure and the joy he brought us on the pitch!
Even when we sold him, I still recall jumping up when he scored the winner in the European final for Forest, he truly was the best player ever developed @ stans!
RIP big Don Dorman, to think he found Trev, The Latchfords & Kenny Burns as well as hosts of others!

KRO
11:07, Mon 15 Apr
DES
Oh for a new Don Dorman....
DES
11:22, Mon 15 Apr
Bluesfir​ewhenkennyburns
Oh for a new Don Dorman....
Did you know he fought at Arnhem? the bridge too far battle, they were all heroes who fought there.

KRO
11:51, Mon 15 Apr
DES
No I didn’t....a hero in more ways than one then.
12:06, Mon 15 Apr
DES
DES
Bordesley

Have you ever heard Trev speak to an audience?
My God he would bore a glass eye to sleep!
But lets never forget the pleasure and the joy he brought us on the pitch!
Even when we sold him, I still recall jumping up when he scored the winner in the European final for Forest, he truly was the best player ever developed @ stans!
RIP big Don Dorman, to think he found Trev, The Latchfords & Kenny Burns as well as hosts of others!

KRO

No Des, but i can imagine.;) He certainly doesn't pass the " would you go for a pint with him? " test for me but as you say keep the memories of TF
along with Hatton, Latchfords , Campbell, Kendall, the penguin kit, in the paddock with me oul fella etc. The early memories down the football always sticks with all fans
DES
13:47, Mon 15 Apr
Bordesley and all other Trev fans, he is on talk sport on the H&J show today, someone let me know what time as I can play it back this evening!

KRO
As a nipper I had to hold Kenny's pint while he signed my autograph book.
I wondered whether it was a way to take off the pressure, on the basis that, if we lost, everyone would blame him, rather than the penalty takers.

What really cost us though was the League Cup final. Preston had the insight into our penalty technique. That blind Premier League protecting linesman cost us a trophy and promotion.
16:51, Mon 15 Apr
scouty
rocksteddie
I met Kenny Dalglish in Melbourne at the Grand Prix, and we had a lovely chat. I sat him in our F1 car, and we got talking about football. I obviously said I was a Blues fan, and Trevor's name came up. He just laughed, and when I asked why, he said he was a fabulous player, but an absolute arsehole of a man. He said he had a really bad reputation in the game and was disliked everywhere. Really changed my opinion of him that way, however, was without doubt, the best player we ever had.

What was your F1 team?

I worked for a few, but this time I was with Minardi in 2002.