14:55, Tue 9 Apr
He's no Jeff Kenna
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
15:05, Tue 9 Apr
blueboyblue
the ferret
Look what the feck he did to Jerry Gill !!!

what happened with gill? was it it being dropped for the cup final or was there something else??

TF kept Jerry Gill's losers league cup medal in his office draw until he left/got sacked. fanny of a thing to do!

Playing Franck Queudrue with the kids at Bromsgrove Rovers was another moment aswell.[/quote]

This one has confused me.
Revere me.
DES
16:09, Tue 9 Apr
Legal_Bluenose
Youth players had to run errands for him, wash his car, fetch his shopping, do photocopying, that sort of thing.

What an utter bastard! that must have wrecked their careers!
I bet that never happens in the legal industry asking young uns to do mundane or non essential tasks!

KRO
DES
16:11, Tue 9 Apr
bluemike
DES
bluemike
God rags, you have disillusioned me now.

My all time favourite hero, who i had the pleasure of watching at his peak.

Feel like cutting my wrists now.
Mike, never let one person's opinion change your mind,Rags obvious;ly has issues with him, and from the few times I met him he was socially awkward, but what a player! just the best ever in a blues shirt!

KRO

The best Blues player ever, don't think i will see the like's again in my life time.
Mike I started watching in 63 so in 56 yrs Ive never seen the likes, so sadly I think you may well be right!

KRO
16:21, Tue 9 Apr
Stan Lazaridis scowled at my lad and ignored him after a Blues game. Tebily was with him and let Stan know he was being a bit unkind.
Still everyone has a bad day- Stan can still tie his Kangaroo down our my garden though
16:29, Tue 9 Apr
DES
I've never heard of a partner asking a trainee to wash their car for them.

Getting kids to do jobs is taking the piss when they're supposed to be learning how to play football.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
16:45, Tue 9 Apr
No not heard that done, only thing I ever heard was they had to clean the pro's boots. Think that was every club or I always thought it was.

Re: Trevor Franc

17:49, Tue 9 Apr
DES
One of the greatest that I have ever seen. I still have dreams about the magnificence of some of his early years goals.
Unfortunately he was never quite the same player after that broken leg. Clough signed him when he was past his peak, as his office boy.
19:01, Tue 9 Apr
spionkop
One of the greatest that I have ever seen. I still have dreams about the magnificence of some of his early years goals.
Unfortunately he was never quite the same player after that broken leg. Clough signed him when he was past his peak, as his office boy.

I always said the same, we had the best of him.
19:08, Tue 9 Apr
B13blues
Yes great, great player but seems not the nicest bloke in the world.
. He's from Cornwall . You can hardly expect him to be socially adequate. It's almost as bad as being Welsh .... or French .......
how to upset Cornish people who were born in Plymouth, tell them they are Devonian really
22:13, Tue 9 Apr
Langan’s book has some great stories about the menial jobs Brian Clough used to get him to do, when he was an apprentice at Derby.

Didn’t turn out too badly, did he?
22:41, Tue 9 Apr
Rags
So you say TF is god as far as im concerned who are you to try and damage his image ,wonderful player for blues .Never see the like again in my opinion . KRO

Best player Blues ever had. I would never dispute that.

Despicable man and example after example at various clubs to back that up

This is correct. Jerry deserved a final place as much as anyone.

I loved TF as a kid aged 9. But as you become an adult, you find out about him as an adult. Not good.
Into The Shadows playing live at Brierley Civic Hall - Thursday 2nd May....
I do have a signed penguin shirt (not original) signed by TF somewhere in the loft. I was going to get it framed but not got round to it.
23:25, Tue 9 Apr
blueboyblue
the ferret

what happened with gill? was it it being dropped for the cup final or was there something else??

TF kept Jerry Gill's losers league cup medal in his office draw until he left/got sacked. fanny of a thing to do!

Playing Franck Queudrue with the kids at Bromsgrove Rovers was another moment aswell.[/quote]

Franck Queudrue who joined Blues six years after TF left? 🤔
23:32, Tue 9 Apr
Not disputing anyone else’s experiences, but I met him at Wast Hills with my dad and brother around 98 and he was great to us. Signed autographs, posed for pics, chatted to my dad about how they’d shared a pint together in Rebecca’s in 70ish when they were both underage.

They say never meet your heroes though and maybe it’s true - but even being too young to see him play for us (Ian Handysides testimonial apart), I grew up in the 80s knowing he was a legend and someone to be proud of at a time when there can’t have been much else to sell a kid on Blues!

Guess we believe what we want to believe.

Will probably buy the book and happily read it with blue-tinted specs.
DES
23:37, Tue 9 Apr
Legal_Bluenose
I've never heard of a partner asking a trainee to wash their car for them.

Getting kids to do jobs is taking the piss when they're supposed to be learning how to play football.
Legal, your not a kid judging by your posts, every club did it back in the day, sweepth terraces, clean the boots.
Just like u have trainees and interns scanning & filing!
Kro
00:04, Wed 10 Apr
Bobharford
Stan Lazaridis scowled at my lad and ignored him after a Blues game. Tebily was with him and let Stan know he was being a bit unkind.
Still everyone has a bad day- Stan can still tie his Kangaroo down our my garden though

I really don't intend to give it the big "I Am". But every gig I play, I'm asked to sign my name in someone's programme that they've bought. Obviously football players sign far more autographs than I do, but I think it's a bloody HONOUR that someone wants you to write a few words so they can treasure them for years to come.
Into The Shadows playing live at Brierley Civic Hall - Thursday 2nd May....
00:54, Wed 10 Apr
Agree with the ‘never meet your heroes’ comment. And could add a story re Helen (R.I.P.) & TF and their attitude at Solihull hospital...

However, our best EVER player, an ‘unlucky’ manager (whereas SB was a lucky manager) who oversaw attacking teams (7-0 & 7-1 away wins) a possible Worthy win v L’pool, & playoff ‘nearlys’. Was manager for the Ipswich s/f & Watford p/off second leg: two unforgettable nights of football theatre when St.Andrews rocked, & the stands shook...

Yes, it seems that TF has personality/narcisstic issues, but as a player he was ‘GOD’, what would he have been historically if he’d had a little luck as Blues manager? Yet because he wasn’t perfect as a bloke - aren’t WE all - he isn’t everything to everyone. Hmmm...

He signed an autograph for me - as did the ‘Latch’ & Mike Kelly - at KNGS, and didn’t scare me as Hoppy, Blakey, TC & Co. did - merely by their intimidating presence - when outside Bar St. Martin, after losing at Stoke...

We’ve had better blokes wear our shirt, and manage us, but never provide such brilliance & consistently, as a player. We were honoured and privileged to have him (‘warts & all’). Hey ho, & KRO.
Yum, Yum, Gimme Some...
02:03, Wed 10 Apr
Legal_Bluenose
Mr. Miyagi did this, wax-on, wax-off, and it worked out ok.

TF gave me my cycling proficiency badge in 1973 (or 74) and signed my autograph book.
07:14, Wed 10 Apr
I don't really give a shit if he was a bit anti social, some people don't cope easily with the whole fame thing, all I know is he was the best player I've seen play for Blues and as an 11 year old he was my football hero.