08:06, Wed 10 Apr
Dropped Jerry Gill for the final? He was the manager, decisions, however unpopular with some, have to be made. Let's drag up Steve Bryant being dropped for the semi final in 75.
I'm unlikely to invite Trev round for tea, so how he is socially is not a problem. He is the greatest footballer I've seen in a Blues shirt and a footballing hero to me. Anything anyone says about him as a person will not change that.
09:13, Wed 10 Apr
Gotta say after meeting 1 adopted Brummie and 1 original Brummie, whilst fully appreciating their earlier professional roles, the occasions were both unremarkable. These were at 2 totally unrelated social events and other guests were equally disappointed.
Strangely those 2 are apparently very good friends.
They both seemed similarly miserable.
Underwhelmed then but had previously thoroughly enjoyed their entertainment on 2 very different stages.
Take a bow TF and Jasper .
Rosie ....Ohh Rosie ....I'd like to paint your knickers Blue and White !
DES
10:19, Wed 10 Apr
Chris

Great spot mate JC is a right misery off the stage, God knows why he gets a suite named after him while as i9ve said TREV when he last spoke @ Stans sucked all the mood out of the place, quite a morose character.
BUT still the best ever in a Blues's shirt!

KRO
10:34, Wed 10 Apr
DES
Fully understanding that comedians don't live 24 hours a day 365 days a year cracking jokes, it was Jasper's total indifference to all and sundry which was surprising.
Morose is the perfect adjective for TF off the pitch Des but in spite of that
I'd use the descriptions 'Scintillating' and 'Wonder-Kid' when reminiscing about his days playing for Blues.
I was privileged to enjoy his talent - watching him from all parts of St Andrews and many away games too.
Rosie ....Ohh Rosie ....I'd like to paint your knickers Blue and White !
DES
10:47, Wed 10 Apr
Chris, I would guess I saw 90% of all his Blues goals, well no perhaps 80% and I was at swindon in 70/71 when Blues just sang Super super super BOY throughout the whole game so I know where you`re coming from.
By the way Ive just PM`d you.

KRO
11:41, Wed 10 Apr
Francis said that when his wife was pregnant, he took the decision to induce an early birth so as not to miss an upcoming game. Using the wife's pregnancy as an excuse to miss a match just showed rank amateurism to TF.

The bloke is a machine. That's the kind of dedication it takes to for an elite athlete to become a Winner.

Who the eff is Martin "Mad dog" Allen? Did eff all as a player and is now languishing in the lower reaches of the conference, at Chesterfield.
DES
VILLA WAS ABSOLUTELY TOP DRAWER,
Kro
12:02, Wed 10 Apr
miamivice79ish
Very well put.

Losing 3 play off semi's and LC Final, plus the finals with Sheffield Wednesday.

His tears with AJ show that despite the negative encounters, there is someone who gives a toss.

Whatever your thoughts/encounters, he is our greatest ever player.

This
12:31, Wed 10 Apr
adopting 1950s and 1960s training techniques is fine for the time but not in the 90s.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
12:32, Wed 10 Apr
DES
We don't use interns.

We have admin staff for scanning and filing.

We train our trainees how to be lawyers, not cleaners.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
13:05, Wed 10 Apr
One could argue , if one could be bothered , that your tag line , whilst humourous hardly belongs in the modern era either ..
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
13:06, Wed 10 Apr
I watched him from his 4 goals against Bolton and the 2 against Cardiff he is the best player I have seen at Blues -today he would be a £100m player, if it wasn't for what was then career ending injuries(Achilles tendon) he would have become a world great up there with Pele, Best, Charlton and Cruyff. As a kid I visited the Elmdon training ground nearly every day during school holidays and grabbed his autograph on many occasion and he was always great. I have met him on many occasion, even stopping him while he was out shopping and found him very courteous and quite humble, most recently walking through Solihull where he said hello before I even spoke. I don't dispute what others have said but I think if someone is continuously in the spotlight then they will upset someone. Don't forget top players didn't have the media and social training the pampered superstars have today, he was then just a young kid from Plymouth at 16 being hailed as a God
I'll never forget 40,000 in St Andrews chanting Supersuper boy, Super Suporboy and TF TF TF Trevor Francis is Magic
13:11, Wed 10 Apr
Rags
Blimey, you're bitter.

Yep ... it goes back a long way too ... all the way back until he was in his teens and i was running a charity event for mentally handicapped kids and Brian Little and (i think) Ray Graydon and Phil Summerill and Bob Latchford were happy to come along. Francis wanted "appearance money" (as it was called then) and intimated that without it he wouldn't come along. The Charity was linked with Doug Ellis so Doug phoned Blues and got it sorted - but when he turned up he was surly and rude to the kids.

Same surly "i'm so important me" "don't you know who i am" attitude that you all saw when he flounced the players off the pitch at Preston before te penalty shoot-out and cost us the game.

For Christ's sake ... he even went to see Jim Smith on Smith's FIRST DAY as manager to tell him he wanted to leave and wasn't really bothered anymore and Smith had to talk him into performing at his best with a promise that he could leave within 6 months

He's a bad 'un.

I tell you what WON'T be in any book of his (and unfortunately due to their agreement won't be any book by Sullivan Gold or Brady) is the reason that Blues were able to get rid of him so quickly as a manager with no pay-off !! (same reason why he didn't give a press conference)

There was a press conference. I recall it vividly. He said something along the lines of - "they fired me - sorry I mean mutual consent" quite delibarately. Sullivan retorted by saying that he would have had more respect for TF if he gave them back the 250k pay off which included a confidentiality clause and he spilt the beans instead.

On a personal note - I met TF in a restaurant the night we signed Darren Purse and he and Helen were charm personified. Also see him around in the area as he walks a lot as exercise and always has time for well wishers.
DES
13:31, Wed 10 Apr
Tarquin, lovely to have another view of our hero, as someone said about rags, trev must have shagged his mrs and ran over the dog same day and drove off smirking!

KRO
CJ
14:14, Wed 10 Apr
DES
Trevor was the best player I have ever seen playing for Blues, I was only young when he started for Blues & he was an absolute hero. As a manager he was okay but the Preston night showed him up. At the Ian Handysides testimonial he showed he had still got more skill than anyone else, he controlled the ball when it hit his backside better than anyone using their feet that day, what a player, thanks for the memories.
15:06, Wed 10 Apr
Francis said that when his wife was pregnant, he took the decision to induce an early birth so as not to miss an upcoming game. Using the wife's pregnancy as an excuse to miss a match just showed rank amateurism to TF.

The bloke is a machine. That's the kind of dedication it takes to for an elite athlete to become a Winner.

Who the eff is Martin "Mad dog" Allen? Did eff all as a player and is now languishing in the lower reaches of the conference, at Chesterfield.

I took all the other criticisms of him with a pinch of salt, if this post is true though, he really is a despicable mothereffer