20:57, Sun 14 Apr
Yes - good point that. For me I think the debate was closer before Tiger’s proven (now) comeback - after all a difference of 4 (3) majors is still significant, and JN’s record of 2nds/ top tens etc is better. Just think Tiger’s overall impact on his fellow competitors and on the game in general is greater. Arguably helped by globalisation/ more powerful media etc, but I maintain his influence has transformed the sport, potentially even turned it from a pastime INTO a sport.
22:25, Sun 14 Apr
Golf was already a huge televised sport in the 60's/70's in the US .It became a massive worldwide televised sport in the 80's and 90's long before Tiger . I mean in the 80's we were all walking round the streets in golf jumpers as fashion . I think Tiger Woods singlehandedly turning golf from a game to a sport is rubbish . He is great though .
23:05, Sun 14 Apr
Yeah but a lot of the current and recent players will start to be named on those lists in the future.

The likes of Koepka and Spieth will win at least 6 or 7 majors I think.
Revere me.
23:31, Sun 14 Apr
The Reverend
Yeah but a lot of the current and recent players will start to be named on those lists in the future.

The likes of Koepka and Spieth will win at least 6 or 7 majors I think.
They could well do that would only serve to cement Tiger Woods legacy . At the moment for me the greatest is still Jack Nicklaus , lots of people think it's already Tiger .👍