Superb win for Tiger ....had a good run with the X-Man but squandered too many shots in the end.

That will be the sporting story of the year unless something else exceptional happens.
20:39, Sun 14 Apr
IanT
Nah.

The quality of the competition is in a different league these days.

Top man Tiger.

I will have to beg to differ i think Nicklaus played all of his career against absolute ' Hall of Famers' .In that he played against other guys that were multiple major winnners Gary Player , Watson , Seve , Palmer,Trevino ,Norman etc etc . Although the breadth of competition is probably greater how many other multiple winners of Majors have there been in Tigers career ( more than 1 Mickleson ?).I also think modern players are helped by an absolute ' arms race ' in equipment design.

Also JN won 18 majors but he also came 2nd 19 times and 3rd 9 times.

However i guess it's one of those arguments one camp will say Jack , one will say Tiger .

So if you think Tiger then that is cool 👍However for me Tiger needs 4 more major wins then he is the best .
Tiger the best ever for me too. Not only because of the comparative strength and depth of competition he has spent his career against. He was the first golf athlete, and transformed the sport from some guys with beer bellies thrashing about to one where almost all the top players are much more athletic. People say Player was the first golf athlete - he may have been the first, but, at the time he was the only one - he didn’t have the same impact in persuading other players that they needed to be fitter too
20:44, Sun 14 Apr
We should never under estimate the obstacles Woods faced for not being white.
His mental strength and will is phenomenal. His very public shaming over his affairs would have broken many.
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
20:57, Sun 14 Apr
Bluubalders
Tiger the best ever for me too. Not only because of the comparative strength and depth of competition he has spent his career against. He was the first golf athlete, and transformed the sport from some guys with beer bellies thrashing about to one where almost all the top players are much more athletic. People say Player was the first golf athlete - he may have been the first, but, at the time he was the only one - he didn’t have the same impact in persuading other players that they needed to be fitter too

Gary Player ' the first golf athlete ' won 8 of his 9 majors playing against Jack Nicklaus.

People say the competition is greater .However if you check any list of ' the best ever golfers ' you will find Jack played against a lot more of them

The PGA's own best 15 list Tiger played against one other name Phil Mickelson .While Jack played against 5 .
20:57, Sun 14 Apr
Yes - good point that. For me I think the debate was closer before Tiger’s proven (now) comeback - after all a difference of 4 (3) majors is still significant, and JN’s record of 2nds/ top tens etc is better. Just think Tiger’s overall impact on his fellow competitors and on the game in general is greater. Arguably helped by globalisation/ more powerful media etc, but I maintain his influence has transformed the sport, potentially even turned it from a pastime INTO a sport.
22:25, Sun 14 Apr
Golf was already a huge televised sport in the 60's/70's in the US .It became a massive worldwide televised sport in the 80's and 90's long before Tiger . I mean in the 80's we were all walking round the streets in golf jumpers as fashion . I think Tiger Woods singlehandedly turning golf from a game to a sport is rubbish . He is great though .
23:05, Sun 14 Apr
Yeah but a lot of the current and recent players will start to be named on those lists in the future.

The likes of Koepka and Spieth will win at least 6 or 7 majors I think.
Revere me.
23:31, Sun 14 Apr
The Reverend
Yeah but a lot of the current and recent players will start to be named on those lists in the future.

The likes of Koepka and Spieth will win at least 6 or 7 majors I think.
They could well do that would only serve to cement Tiger Woods legacy . At the moment for me the greatest is still Jack Nicklaus , lots of people think it's already Tiger .👍