19:03, Thu 11 Apr
If a player came through Villa's academy, claimed his love for villa and hatred for Blues, broke a Blues fan's nose and went to prison as a result. Upon release he plays for another couple of clubs (and does well). Blues are then interested in signing him. Would you want to sign him? I certainly wouldn't. Yet Sheffield Utd fans appear to have accepted Gary Nadine signing for them. Thoughts?
19:09, Thu 11 Apr
If he was good then sure.

Madine is cack though, and has a terrible temperament.
19:31, Thu 11 Apr
Their team are doing well and the love their (one of their own) manager. It’s easy to accept it because of how circumstances are atm.
If Wednesday were where they are , lauding it and then struggling it would be very different
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
19:55, Thu 11 Apr
he's from Gateshead and started off at Carlisle, i'm confused by the analogy?
20:29, Thu 11 Apr
And then he stopped pulling pints and starting pushing himself. Did things be never dreamed he would, overcame things he never thought he could.
@LeMod1875
20:52, Thu 11 Apr
ZLAMMER
he's from Gateshead and started off at Carlisle, i'm confused by the analogy?

I didn't realise he'd started at Carlisle but certainly pledged allegiance to Wednesday and the rest follows.

I get that they would accept it if Wilder wanted him but I wouldn't want him to play for blues in the same scenario no matter how good he was.
21:07, Thu 11 Apr
I'm not sure I'd care a great deal if he performed on the pitch. Debate about the footballing allegiances of professional players is something we should leave to kids.
@stevanderman
21:08, Thu 11 Apr
And then he stopped pulling pints and starting pushing himself. Did things be never dreamed he would, overcame things he never thought he could.

😄
21:33, Thu 11 Apr
It’s just a job to them.

Years ago, some of my mates set up a team and I played for them.

The rest of my mates set up another team. I played for both, scored against both, won and lost for both. When I was chasing that white round thing I didn’t care. Pay me 10k a week and I’d run through a brick wall for the vile.

It’s just a job to players, as long as they make a good living and play they really don’t give one. See the Gardner brothers for details
21:43, Thu 11 Apr
It's more the fact that he assaulted one of their fans simply because they supported Sheffield United.
21:54, Thu 11 Apr
Having brought up jy kids to hold their breath when we drive past the 4 sheds there is no amount of money which I would take to pull on a claret and blue shirt.
22:48, Thu 11 Apr
Money talks I’m afraid

It’s only a game, I dislike them massively. I’d say hate, but the online police will be after me.

But put 40k a month in my bank for the next three years and I’d be like a pig in sh1t. I
don’t believe anyone would be any different if they were actually handed that money.

Bruce managed Sunderland there are loads of players, who have played for their rivals etc

It’s a job and a very lucrative one
01:26, Fri 12 Apr
Rab C Nesbitt
Their team are doing well and the love their (one of their own) manager. It’s easy to accept it because of how circumstances are atm.
If Wednesday were where they are , lauding it and then struggling it would be very different

Yeah. C Wilder is a cent!
01:39, Fri 12 Apr
This. It annoys me when people say there's no loyalty in the game now. People will go where the money is, and there's a hell of a lot more money in football nowadays. Anyone who says they wouldn't play for the vile for £20k+ a week is deluded.
07:37, Fri 12 Apr
jefflynneshair
I'm not sure I'd care a great deal if he performed on the pitch. Debate about the footballing allegiances of professional players is something we should leave to kids.
Hallelujah!

The Voice of Reason.

Well said JLH!
07:40, Fri 12 Apr
ClarkOut
This. It annoys me when people say there's no loyalty in the game now. People will go where the money is, and there's a hell of a lot more money in football nowadays. Anyone who says they wouldn't play for the vile for £20k+ a week is deluded.

Relegate the Blues by scoring against them in the last match of the season?
Knowing it'd make your nan cry?
07:43, Fri 12 Apr
Obviously there would be a line

Teams aren’t relegated by one game dude, if it’s the last game of the season they’ve been crap all year and deserve to go down.
08:48, Fri 12 Apr
I remember Denis Law doing exactly that for Man City to send United down in the 70s.
16:52, Fri 12 Apr
ben sotv
It’s just a job to them.

Years ago, some of my mates set up a team and I played for them.

The rest of my mates set up another team. I played for both, scored against both, won and lost for both. When I was chasing that white round thing I didn’t care. Pay me 10k a week and I’d run through a brick wall for the vile.

It’s just a job to players, as long as they make a good living and play they really don’t give one. See the Gardner brothers for details

I find that a strange statement ! If you are good enough be paid £10k and run through walls for Aston Villa , then you must have other offers on the table .

I understand the ' it's only a job sentiment'. However B6 are the exception to the rule.
NO amount of money would let me play for Aston Villa FC !
17:00, Fri 12 Apr
ClarkOut
Anyone who says they wouldn't play for the vile for £20k+ a week is deluded.

Perhaps i'm deluded then ? I would be never sign for Aston Villa Football club .