19:20, Sat 13 Apr
Got to disagree with Dan strongly blues have no choice whatsoever should we stay up blues will have to spend proper money next season and start using loopholes like other clubs do but we can’t carry on the way we’ve been going...somewhere down the line we have to compete....from the rumours floating around yesterday the PSG owners are looking to invest in a championship club (not us) but do you really think that if they came into this league then they wouldn’t be using loopholes to spend the wonga so it’s the same principle for blues loopholes need to be used and money will be spent......it has too.
19:27, Sat 13 Apr
Hi Ren, it's attitudes like this that have meant we haven't been "able to compete" in the past three transfer window. We did "compete" previously though and the team got worse.

Funny old game
19:38, Sat 13 Apr
That was then this is now, but like I said blues have a choice to make we either shop around bargain basement yet again and stay mid to lower championship side for a time to come (how do you sell season tickets on the back of that) then risk monk jumping ship or we “compete”......easy really scoobs it’s very plain and simple..
19:46, Sat 13 Apr
Phew. At least we didn't waste more money by not getting rid of Monk and Adams in early season like some wanted to eh ? 😉
20:14, Sat 13 Apr
Yep all very well scoobs I take your point but that doesn’t matter a jot now does it? Don’t you agree blues haven’t got a choice but to move forward in the summer after this season...villa derby and a few others have driven a train through ffp over the years (and they won’t get done for it either) so blues have toplay the game and join the party because this can’t keep carrying on year in year out.....plus how the hell do you sell season tickets if we carry on buying league 1 and 2 diamonds? That says to the punters we are standing still,monk wouldn’t stand that.
21:05, Sat 13 Apr
Nope, couldn't disagree more, we have to stop spending money the club hasn't got. Nobody knows when Mr King will withdraw the funds or they just run out.

Have you seen Bolton Wanderers lately? I'd rather have a mid table Blues than no Blues at all.
21:09, Sat 13 Apr
Bluesince62
Nope, couldn't disagree more, we have to stop spending money the club hasn't got. Nobody knows when Mr King will withdraw the funds or they just run out.

Have you seen Bolton Wanderers lately? I'd rather have a mid table Blues than no Blues at all.

I'm in agreement with this; it's going to be the same for everyone sooner or later - they will actually have to make money.
21:23, Sat 13 Apr
Yep good luck with that that is like saying the game is going to “blow up” soon? We’ve been hearing that for 15 odd years and we are all still waiting for it...and I’ll ask you the same question dan on what basis are they going to sell season tickets should we go down the road that you said? The fans aren’t stupid we have to become competitive.
21:26, Sat 13 Apr
It's got to change, football seems to be alone where it's 'acceptable' to be 'only' losing 13 million a year.
When you step back from it and think about it, it's a totally lunatic situation, how many other businesses would think that's ok? Yet in football it's just the accepted business model. It has to change as it clearly isn't sustainable.
Ideally football clubs should be forced to run at a profit, no matter how small, let alone a 13 million loss per year.
21:35, Sat 13 Apr
Shall we bring back Pannu and the wage cap?
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
21:38, Sat 13 Apr
Maybe not for everyone but it will for us, count on it
21:45, Sat 13 Apr
Mario kempes 78
Yep good luck with that that is like saying the game is going to “blow up” soon? We’ve been hearing that for 15 odd years and we are all still waiting for it...and I’ll ask you the same question dan on what basis are they going to sell season tickets should we go down the road that you said? The fans aren’t stupid we have to become competitive.
Fans collectively will never be happy.
Some Blues fans moaned when we spend nothing.
Some moaned when we spent loads.
Some moaned when we spent some, but not a lot
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
21:48, Sat 13 Apr
well how do you expect to get people through the door then fella? I'm just saying Dan blues need to become competitive this club is at a cross roads in the summer I don't think things will pan out the way you think they will...but if they do monk won't hang around either which I would totally understand as well but that's a different story altogether..
22:32, Sat 13 Apr
You've pretty much shown on this thread that you have absolutely no idea of all the financial issues facing the club.

Rather than just simplistically demanding we spend, spend, spend, how about you read all the stuff posted here, and try to understand why your idea would be disastrous for the club.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
00:03, Sun 14 Apr
Shall we bring back Pannu and the wage cap?

You know what I mean Rab, it has to be all clubs or it couldn't work. The present situation is just saft though.