21:38, Sat 13 Apr
Maybe not for everyone but it will for us, count on it
21:45, Sat 13 Apr
Mario kempes 78
Yep good luck with that that is like saying the game is going to “blow up” soon? We’ve been hearing that for 15 odd years and we are all still waiting for it...and I’ll ask you the same question dan on what basis are they going to sell season tickets should we go down the road that you said? The fans aren’t stupid we have to become competitive.
Fans collectively will never be happy.
Some Blues fans moaned when we spend nothing.
Some moaned when we spent loads.
Some moaned when we spent some, but not a lot
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
21:48, Sat 13 Apr
well how do you expect to get people through the door then fella? I'm just saying Dan blues need to become competitive this club is at a cross roads in the summer I don't think things will pan out the way you think they will...but if they do monk won't hang around either which I would totally understand as well but that's a different story altogether..
22:32, Sat 13 Apr
You've pretty much shown on this thread that you have absolutely no idea of all the financial issues facing the club.

Rather than just simplistically demanding we spend, spend, spend, how about you read all the stuff posted here, and try to understand why your idea would be disastrous for the club.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
00:03, Sun 14 Apr
Shall we bring back Pannu and the wage cap?

You know what I mean Rab, it has to be all clubs or it couldn't work. The present situation is just saft though.
00:40, Sun 14 Apr
Mario kempes 78
well how do you expect to get people through the door then fella? I'm just saying Dan blues need to become competitive this club is at a cross roads in the summer I don't think things will pan out the way you think they will...but if they do monk won't hang around either which I would totally understand as well but that's a different story altogether..

How: through demonstrating solid progression under a good manager freed up a little to bring in players that support our long term goals and whom are appreciating assets, without bankrupting us. Far from assured but I’d buy into that more than splash and maybe crash.

If buying players is the only way to sell season tickets how do you explain our continual rise in average attendance since we’ve been under embargo?

Sure it’s nice to have the option, but it’s continually proven that you don’t need to spend money in this division to do well in it.

Telling me attendances wouldn’t continue to rise if we had a Norwich, Sheff Utd even Bristol City type season? And before that Cardiff, Burnley, Huddersfield, Brighton etc?

Stability, consistency, good management on and off the pitch have always been more likely to generate success than merely spending big - especially long term.
00:54, Sun 14 Apr
Mario kempes 78

Mate, you need to understand financial realities.

Unlike pretty much all teams in this division, Blues are owned by a listed company whose main asset is the club. There is only so much money that can be lent or swapped for equity before the company has to make a profit.

It’s not about being ambitious or anything like that - it’s about the fact there will come a time when the money dries up.
06:20, Sun 14 Apr
Stockdales 2m per year could be offloaded
07:55, Sun 14 Apr
Bluesince62

You know what I mean Rab, it has to be all clubs or it couldn't work. The present situation is just saft though.
I'm serious though mate. I don't care about others. We need to balance the books
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
09:14, Sun 14 Apr
Must admit, with both the club and parent company losing money hand over fist, it can't go on indefinitely. It's a worry. Chances are we won't get some random Yank and Egyptian billionaires to bail us out.
Course not. Wouldn't be the blues way. It does make me laugh coz other clubs manage to find rich Investors quite quickly. We seem to be bleeding out, but with lots of potential and yet no body wants to get involved. Is it a vision thing ? ...Or are we just tinpot.
09:47, Sun 14 Apr
Not tin pot,more a case of previous owners selling to carson and then....... i’ m sure decent people could have been sought but it was all about the money and now it seems we are stuck in a never ending cycle.
11:05, Sun 14 Apr
What do you do though Carson and co offered the Brady bunch a double your money offer, no one can control that...but look who the club attracted when Carson got arrested? Some dodgy Italian Del Boy in “paladini”!!! Ffs what is it with our club that drawns them in..
11:16, Sun 14 Apr
What can you do, leave the club in good hands as promised lol. Been done to death now.
11:28, Sun 14 Apr
mattt
Stability, consistency, good management on and off the pitch have always been more likely to generate success than merely spending big - especially long term.

That’s the best way for all sorts of reasons. A route we should have started out on a while ago, especially when these new owners took over. Its not the only way though. Wolves took the high risk route and succeeded. Derby, Vile and one or two others have done similar and the jury is still out. We, on the other tried the Wolves way and failed dismally due to, it would seem, poor execution. This has possibly set us back a number of years. So we start afresh, but I reckon it’s a three to five year project now.
11:56, Sun 14 Apr
these owners we have won't be doing "projects" mate its not there style.
15:43, Sun 14 Apr
Bluesince62

I'm serious though mate. I don't care about others. We need to balance the books

I agree there, but my point remains on the wider picture too.