22:54, Sat 13 Apr
All subjective, I know. Just speculating here.
If the season ended today the playoff semi finals would be
Bristol C v Sheff Utd
AV v WBA.
Over two legs I would favour Sheff Utd and Albion.
Albion to win the final.
Thoughts?
22:56, Sat 13 Apr
Anyone but Witton FC.
23:04, Sat 13 Apr
What I think is very interesting is that villa's final 2 games are against the 2 best teams in the league, Norwich and Leeds.

Momentum is a beautiful thing going into the play offs.

They could easily fail to win both those games and all of a sudden villa lose a bit of confidence going into the 2 legs.

They may even take their foot off the gas prior to those matches now that they can't possibly go up automatically.

I always thought that them missing out on the play offs at Wembley would be the most delicious end for their season.
02:58, Sun 14 Apr
The way I see it is that they've bought the league three seasons on the trot yet somehow are still not guaranteed promotion. It's staggeringly, embarrassingly shit.
Revere me.
06:28, Sun 14 Apr
This, with bells on. They must have spent more than any other Championship club ever has over 3 seasons and as you say - still not automatic.
07:08, Sun 14 Apr
Eight wins on the bounce is a ridiculous feat, I don't think even Norwich have managed that. I can't see beyond them at the moment, which is demoralising.

However, as the Reverend says three seasons down here after spending so much money and they are still not guaranteed to go up is truly pathetic and if we're all honest with ourselves, it's better than we would have expected.
08:59, Sun 14 Apr
It’s seems though that they have been scrapeing these wins with dodgy penalties and late goals. Hardly convincing. That sort of fortune has to turn at some point. It won’t go on for ever.
09:03, Sun 14 Apr
The Fly
All subjective, I know. Just speculating here.
If the season ended today the playoff semi finals would be
Bristol C v Sheff Utd
AV v WBA.
Over two legs I would favour Sheff Utd and Albion.
Albion to win the final.
Thoughts?

I’d like that
09:10, Sun 14 Apr
Just another vile thread disguised as playoffs. Scratches bottom of chin
Shakespeare
What I think is very interesting is that villa's final 2 games are against the 2 best teams in the league, Norwich and Leeds.

Momentum is a beautiful thing going into the play offs.

They could easily fail to win both those games and all of a sudden villa lose a bit of confidence going into the 2 legs.

They may even take their foot off the gas prior to those matches now that they can't possibly go up automatically.

I always thought that them missing out on the play offs at Wembley would be the most delicious end for their season.

all this momemtum stuff is hard to gauge. Fulham were a damp squib at st andrews last yr on last day but
excellent in playoffs.

if norwich are already promoted then that game may be a dead rubber. is that good or bad thing? could be 2 dead rubbers if leeds are up too?

even if they stutter in a couple of these final games its fair to say villa are generally in good fettle and have match winners in grealish mcginn, abraham

Brace yourself folks! only consolation is they will not be dining at the top table in the prem where they think they should be and at best will just be another newcastle or west ham.
Alternatively Fulham were very much in par with the top 2 last season and were actually the best team in the play offs anyway.

Villa are better than Bristol, but only slightly.

Villa took 1 point off West Brom this season and 1 point off Sheffield United this season.

If they do get promoted via the play offs they will have to beat some very good teams.
Shakespeare
Alternatively Fulham were very much in par with the top 2 last season and were actually the best team in the play offs anyway.

Villa are better than Bristol, but only slightly.

Villa took 1 point off West Brom this season and 1 point off Sheffield United this season.

If they do get promoted via the play offs they will have to beat some very good teams.

thats true. Derby and Boro were quite poor, villa were ok but fulham were streets ahead of all 3 as you say.

if albion get a new manager bounce (if ruhmours true) and you throw in leeds/sheff u, villa and Brizzle, it does makes it one of the toughest plays off winners to call. Derby are just too up and down/flakey so i just hope they dont squeeze in ahead of brizzle
Alex Neil just re-signed with Preston so he’s not going baggies.
13:21, Sun 14 Apr
Anyone gonna be sticking bets on that villa go up ? Win, win I guess ?
DES
13:31, Sun 14 Apr
C’mon u baggies!
Kro
BlueNoseinFrampton
Just another vile thread disguised as playoffs. Scratches bottom of chin
Just imagine what it’s going to be like on here when the play-offs actually do come around Frampers!

Wall-to-wall “bile about the vile”.

It won’t be pretty.
15:39, Sun 14 Apr
Come on Will, it's the play offs, of course people will be on about it and of course people will hope vile get turned over.
21:33, Sun 14 Apr
DES
DES
C’mon u baggies!
Kro

What the actual eff?????
Into The Shadows playing live at Brierley Civic Hall - Thursday 2nd May....
21:42, Sun 14 Apr
Monk Marvin
DES
C’mon u baggies!
Kro

What the actual eff?????
As opposed to vile. All day
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
21:44, Sun 14 Apr
I’m afraid if Grealish stays ‘fit’ they’re going to be the most likely winners. The chunts. Let’s hope something fecks up.