21:29, Sun 14 Apr
newblue
I think he’s quite amusing. He’s a decent manager, can organise a team.

I really used to dislike McCarthy - a real professional 'Yaarkshire' bloke, a bit rude and boorish. I quite like him now though - seems to be a no-nonsense example of the old school. I reckon he'd have suited us at some point - maybe his day's come and gone now, but I've warmed to him and I'm sure he'd be delighted to read that.
@6strings4paws
21:36, Sun 14 Apr
If he wins the Approval of Tam he must be ok!

I don’t think he’s a ‘professional ‘ Yorkshireman. Most of them are just like that.

He was a good manager of the ROÍ and they’ve picked up again after the drudgery and failure of the O’Neil and (amusingly) Keane (now there’s a boorish fecker) years.
21:43, Sun 14 Apr
newblue
If he wins the Approval of Tam he must be ok!

I don’t think he’s a ‘professional ‘ Yorkshireman. Most of them are just like that.

He was a good manager of the ROÍ and they’ve picked up again after the drudgery and failure of the O’Neil and (amusingly) Keane (now there’s a boorish fecker) years.

You know what I mean though - 'I'm Yorkshire and you're going to know about it'. Actually, I like Yorkshire folk, but some of them can be caricatures of the breed, and I think he fell into that category, possibly deliberately. Perhaps he still does, and I'm getting mellow in my old age.
@6strings4paws
21:50, Sun 14 Apr
I suppose he did almost send himself up. I think he is quite ‘knowing’. A lot of my Yorkshire mates quite enjoy the ‘yorkshire’ thing but in the end they’re just like that!
21:53, Sun 14 Apr
I have two Yorkshire colleagues at the moment. On an evening out, let's just say that, when it's their round, the race to the bar wouldn't set any land speed records.
@6strings4paws
DES
23:57, Sun 14 Apr
DES
DES
I loved that team newblue. Off the top of my head
Cooper
Burley
Mills
Thysen osmosis d
Butcher
Work
Muhren
Mariner
Brazil
Woods??

Kro
It wasn’t woods, he was in fa cup team, it was Eric gates! Think he might have been another Cumbrian?
Kro
00:43, Mon 15 Apr
DES
Never forgave them for not winning the league in '81

They can look forward to Lincoln away 👍🏼
DES
09:16, Mon 15 Apr
WorcsBlues

yes I know where you`re coming from, especially as they won @ VP bout three weeks from end of season, from memory they lost about three of last four when the pressure cranked up!!

KRO
13:59, Mon 15 Apr
Was there myself, going off all through the game as we were sandwiched on both sides by spurs fans. Mayhem afterwards too.

My dad was locked up that night. He had to go back down and appear in court. Stitched up on some charge of stealing a crate of whiskey, from a pub that got wrecked after the match.
DES
VILLA WAS ABSOLUTELY TOP DRAWER,
Kro
14:49, Mon 15 Apr
DES
...and they beat us to the Football Combination championship on the last day of the season (back in the Willie Bell years)… right upset me that did.
15:57, Mon 15 Apr
DES
DES
WorcsBlues

yes I know where you`re coming from, especially as they won @ VP bout three weeks from end of season, from memory they lost about three of last four when the pressure cranked up!!

KRO

The galling thing about all of that Des was the final game of the season, they had to beat Boro away to win the league as B6 were never going to win at Highbury & promptly lost, Ipswich drew at Boro, cue pitch invasion at Highbury from the Witton hordes celebrating a defeat to win the league .....
DES
16:31, Mon 15 Apr
Worcs, some guy called Bosco something or other got a last day hat trick @ Boro to sink Ipswich!

KRO
17:04, Mon 15 Apr
WorcsBlues
DES
WorcsBlues

KRO

The galling thing about all of that Des was the final game of the season, they had to beat Boro away to win the league as B6 were never going to win at Highbury & promptly lost, Ipswich drew at Boro, cue pitch invasion at Highbury from the Witton hordes celebrating a defeat to win the league .....

i think it was the arsenal fans who went on the pitch.
20:54, Mon 15 Apr
I was at Portman Road two years ago when we also drew. 1 1 , Ipswich fans giving McCarthy & Chairman dogs abuse .
Be careful,what you wish for.
21:52, Mon 15 Apr
DES
DES
Worcs, some guy called Bosco something or other got a last day hat trick @ Boro to sink Ipswich!

KRO

Basco Jankovic ( not sure of spelling) scored both in a boro 2-1 win. Ipswich were even one up the feckers!!