15:41, Mon 15 Apr
On talksport

"I tried to leave 3 or 4 times"

Shameful
15:46, Mon 15 Apr
Don't blame him - I wouldn't want to be on Talksport either!
15:47, Mon 15 Apr
This will devastate DES
15:50, Mon 15 Apr
Not surprised at all, no coincidence his trophy hunting success happened after he left us.
16:24, Mon 15 Apr
Professional footballer in 'looking to have the most success I can' shocker.
DES
16:29, Mon 15 Apr
Musername
This will devastate DES

I think we all knew this, its the reason sir alf left so urgently, he recommended selling him and the board over ruled it!
I didnt have any bad will towards Trev he gave us 8 great yuears!
It was selling my hero, Bob Latchford that really rankled, we sold all our tomorrows to be able to compete today, so short-sighted!
KRO
16:36, Mon 15 Apr
DES
And??? We all knew he was trying to get away back then. Lucky we had him so long!!
16:36, Mon 15 Apr
DES
Yes, it's not exactly news. It was well-known at the time. He'd been with the club for over ten years at the time. Imagine that now. Times change.
@6strings4paws
16:50, Mon 15 Apr
The shame is a club getting 30,000+ per week didn't have the ambitions to build a team that was capable of winning stuff.

Forest won the European Cup with Burns and Francis. We had those two plus Latchford and Paul Cooper and effed it all up.
17:00, Mon 15 Apr
DES
Musername
This will devastate DES

I think we all knew this, its the reason sir alf left so urgently, he recommended selling him and the board over ruled it!
It was selling my hero, Bob Latchford that really rankled, we sold all our tomorrows to be able to compete today, so short-sighted!
KRO

Read Lachfords book. He was very keen to leave and doesn’t seem to have much affection for us at all.
DES
17:09, Mon 15 Apr
Fat Buddha
Musername
This will devastate DES

KRO

Read Lachfords book. He was very keen to leave and doesn’t seem to have much affection for us at all.
FB, had my pic taken with him on book signing day, another example of never meet your heroes, a proper cold fish!
17:18, Mon 15 Apr
DES
Fat Buddha
Musername
This will devastate DES

KRO

FB, had my pic taken with him on book signing day, another example of never meet your heroes, a proper cold fish!

He'd probably read what you've posted about Jota.
DES
17:19, Mon 15 Apr
bluearmyfaction
The shame is a club getting 30,000+ per week didn't have the ambitions to build a team that was capable of winning stuff.

Forest won the European Cup with Burns and Francis. We had those two plus Latchford and Paul Cooper and effed it all up.
Not to mention Joe Gallagher & Bob Hatton!
yes we fcuked up royally, no doubt about it, likewise WHL 2011, I honestly thought if we had stopped up that year we could have really went for it!

KRO
17:21, Mon 15 Apr
DES
Might have been a bit difficult with our owner in prison, but you never know!
17:28, Mon 15 Apr
Yes i couldnt wait to get my hands on Latchfords book wish hadnt bothered barely a mention of Blues.Its an Everton love in completly shattered my love for him think he mentioned more about his time at Swansea very dissapointed .KRO
18:32, Mon 15 Apr
DES
If it was up to him, he’d have give us three good years.

Snake
18:42, Mon 15 Apr
DES
Fat Buddha
Musername
This will devastate DES

KRO

Met both Dave and Peter Latchford at various times and always found them to be very personable and warm. Glad I didn't meet Bob :(
Regards, Mick
19:27, Mon 15 Apr
Meet Dave Latchford and he came across as a decent guy.
19:47, Mon 15 Apr
bluearmyfaction

So the story goes, Clough & Taylor's first signing when they took over at Forest was languishing in the old second division, & was on the receiving end of a 5-2 belting at Mansfield Town whilst keeping goal for Stoke City, the gruesome twosome knew he would hate being in that situation, the player in question ??

Peter Shilton - who was the bedrock that they built their success around.
DES
20:32, Mon 15 Apr
Clough already had woodcock, viv anderson & the genius that was john Robertson at the club plus martin o Neil!
Add shills and our two and he was more than half way to a great team!
Kro