20:52, Mon 15 Apr
DES
Bumped into Bob Hatton walking along high street, true gent , a nice chat about 72 team , still lives local & follows the blues .
Top bloke
22:07, Mon 15 Apr
Bumped into Bob Hatton walking along high street, true gent , a nice chat about 72 team , still lives local & follows the blues .
Top bloke

Crikey we had some good players in the 70's. What might have been. 😫
DES
23:42, Mon 15 Apr
Haven’t seen bob Hatton in an age, what a gent!
He told me how important it was to make a will back in my forties!
He was in life assistance back then!
Look at his career goalscoring record.. it’s awesome!
Kro
06:51, Tue 16 Apr
DES
DES
Haven’t seen bob Hatton in an age, what a gent!
He told me how important it was to make a will back in my forties!
He was in life assistance back then!
Look at his career goalscoring record.. it’s awesome!
Kro
I had a phone call off Bob Hatton, trying to sell me some insurance, i politely declined, but thanked him for the memories.

Sounded like a decent bloke.
DES
08:24, Tue 16 Apr
Mike, I had that same phone call but bought some, it was a great policy, gave a decent pay out to help pay out my mortgage!
I’m going to look up his career record, I’m sure he is in the 200 goal club! That is a very exclusive club!
Kro
Fat Buddha
Musername
This will devastate DES

I think we all knew this, its the reason sir alf left so urgently, he recommended selling him and the board over ruled it!
I didnt have any bad will towards Trev he gave us 8 great yuears!
It was selling my hero, Bob Latchford that really rankled, we sold all our tomorrows to be able to compete today, so short-sighted!
KRO

Read Lachfords book. He was very keen to leave and doesn’t seem to have much affection for us at all.

Bob Latchford came on as a half time guest at St Andrews for Blues vs Everton a few years ago. He made a big flourish of pointing at the Everton fans, cheering and clapping, and completely ignored all of the Blues fans. He has no affection at all for Blues.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Fat Buddha
Musername
This will devastate DES

I think we all knew this, its the reason sir alf left so urgently, he recommended selling him and the board over ruled it!
It was selling my hero, Bob Latchford that really rankled, we sold all our tomorrows to be able to compete today, so short-sighted!
KRO

Read Lachfords book. He was very keen to leave and doesn’t seem to have much affection for us at all.

Bob Latchford came on as a half time guest at St Andrews for Blues vs Everton a few years ago. He made a big flourish of pointing at the Everton fans, cheering and clapping, and completely ignored all of the Blues fans. He has no affection at all for Blues.

Strange, cos he's a Birmingham lad from Kings Heath, was he raised a Villa fan?

On the 70's it's rumoured that Blues interviewed Clough for the job after sacking Freddie Goodwin in late 75, before choosing (sigh) Wille Bell. Anyone know if there's any truth in this?
12:35, Tue 16 Apr
DES
DES
Mike, I had that same phone call but bought some, it was a great policy, gave a decent pay out to help pay out my mortgage!
I’m going to look up his career record, I’m sure he is in the 200 goal club! That is a very exclusive club!
Kro

Just my luck to miss out on something. < smiley >
12:38, Tue 16 Apr
My Blue Heaven
On talksport

"I tried to leave 3 or 4 times"

Shameful

This is true, but he's also said that despite his transfer requests being turned down, he never ever thought of playing badly or going "on strike" and continued to give his all for the Blues, so some balance needed here. Compare that to modern day fannies like Pogba or whatever the name of the neanderthal Argentinian who used to play for the Hammers.

Francis still loves the Blues, (unlike Mr Bob Latchford).
13:02, Tue 16 Apr
Despite that he did criticise modern day footballers yesterday for constantly seeking improved or upgraded contracts during the term of an existing deal. In other words he criticised them for doing exactly as he did.

I have no problem with TF. He was a great footballer for us, has been fine when I have met him and talks positively overall about his time at Blues. We kept him far longer than we deserved in some ways - if only the club could have matched his ambition who knows where we might be now!
DES
13:36, Tue 16 Apr
montypenguin
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Fat Buddha
Musername
This will devastate DES

KRO

On the 70's it's rumoured that Blues interviewed Clough for the job after sacking Freddie Goodwin in late 75, before choosing (sigh) Wille Bell. Anyone know if there's any truth in this?
Monty, Clough alluded to it in a book, he got on with our Chairman, it may have been just before he joined Leeds? think that would have suited the timeline cos he got sacked/left Derby the day before the infamous England Poland game (`1973?) when BC called polish keeper TOMOSESKI (spelling) a clown, the guy then proceeded to play the game of his life.
KRO
13:41, Tue 16 Apr
DES
DES
montypenguin
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Fat Buddha
Musername
This will devastate DES

KRO

Monty, Clough alluded to it in a book, he got on with our Chairman, it may have been just before he joined Leeds? think that would have suited the timeline cos he got sacked/left Derby the day before the infamous England Poland game (`1973?) when BC called polish keeper TOMOSESKI (spelling) a clown, the guy then proceeded to play the game of his life.j

KRO

I am sure there was rumours of Clough on being the next manager, Willie bell says it all thou.
DES
14:26, Tue 16 Apr
Mike, Willie Bells saving grace was his record against the Villa, five wins on the bounce! Lovely Jubbly!

KRO
15:45, Tue 16 Apr
DES
DES
Mike, Willie Bells saving grace was his record against the Villa, five wins on the bounce! Lovely Jubbly!

KRO

Lol, forgot about that.
DES
16:25, Tue 16 Apr
Mike

Herte you go mate:
3.2 @ Stans Hibbet great half volley! Burns & Trev
2.1 @ VP burns celebrating in front of Holte & TF again
2.1 @ stans dodgy late pen from Trev, two sent off!
1.0 @ VP that wonder header from Bertschin

Finally, Trev in a 1,0 winner @ stans when they had better of the game! which of course makes the victory more euphoric!!
Four goals in five games for Trev, and he made Bertschins header! what a legend!!

KRO
16:27, Tue 16 Apr
DES
In one of the Clough books I read, Clough used us a bargaining chip to get a better deal from Derby
16:37, Tue 16 Apr
DES
+ Clough & Taylor themselves. Where would we have got to with them 2 in charge?
17:11, Tue 16 Apr
+ Clough & Taylor themselves. Where would we have got to with them 2 in charge?

Probably about where we got with Alf Ramsey in charge
17:46, Tue 16 Apr
DES
DES
Mike

Herte you go mate:
3.2 @ Stans Hibbet great half volley! Burns & Trev
2.1 @ VP burns celebrating in front of Holte & TF again
2.1 @ stans dodgy late pen from Trev, two sent off!
1.0 @ VP that wonder header from Bertschin

Finally, Trev in a 1,0 winner @ stans when they had better of the game! which of course makes the victory more euphoric!!
Four goals in five games for Trev, and he made Bertschins header! what a legend!!

KRO

I was at all of them, the days it was a lot easier to get Derby tickets. 😁
18:35, Tue 16 Apr
1-2 at vp the scorers were Burns &Connelly