22:45, Mon 15 Apr
Not happy with accountancy tricks of derby, Wednesday or B6.

Also interesting Derby are under a soft embargo.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]
Brilliant. Time to crack a beer, sit back and watch the fun.
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."
23:03, Mon 15 Apr
Reminds me of Brucies comments about the 'trickery' of the Dogheads before their elevation when he was at B6.

Nothing happened then & unless the EFL suddenly aquire a pair of testes this justified complaint will also be brushed under the carpet, or the hope that one of the three mentioned will be promoted ???

The interesting 'no comment' from B6 - is that code for 'Yes guilty as charged Gibbo' ??

Can of worms & the lid is open & the EFL have seen into the tin & will wish it hadn't.
what happens if Derby or villa get promoted and then are found to have broken rules, do they get away with it as they would no longer be under Efl control??
23:21, Mon 15 Apr
I'll take HBombs bet that feck all will happen to anyone else. A fecking travesty our punishment was. Wish we weren't so soft.
Dong Ren Out.
Nothing’s going to happen. The EFL will change the rules retrospectively closing down the loopholes by which time the clubs involved will be either in the premier league or will have successfully seen out the choppy waters. Ironically, we as a club will probably have adopted the former methods by then.
@stevanderman
Bordesley not Small Heath
what happens if Derby or villa get promoted and then are found to have broken rules, do they get away with it as they would no longer be under Efl control??

Yes. Scott free. And in the case of B6, laugh at our misfortune.

Then rub their nose and say Small Heath. They like doing that for some reason. And singing yippeekayay in a shrill way that upsets dogs. They like that as well.
That was liquid football!
00:13, Tue 16 Apr
The EFL have flexed their muscles and impressed us with their manliness.
They won't dare take on a club that moves up and into the protective remit of the mighty Premier league though. Their tough guy routine will quickly be replaced by them bowing and scraping to a truly powerful governing body.
Whoever doesn't go up though, may need half decent lawyers.
That was liquid football!
00:17, Tue 16 Apr
as we are the only ones to get done,we might become famous.
in the future fans might be saying,we have got to be carefull or we could get a birmingham city.
like that bosman bloke,nobody had heard of him before he did a bosman.
01:34, Tue 16 Apr
Not happy with accountancy tricks of derby, Wednesday or B6.

Also interesting Derby are under a soft embargo.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

The Derby situation and the reasons behind it are being reported pretty openly locally (and some interesting links from the article)

[www.derbytelegraph.co.uk]

It was OUR punishment that seems to have panicked them into the decision.

So blatant !!
01:36, Tue 16 Apr
The villa response seems to be

"We literally have the guy who helped write FFP balancing our books. Good luck with that..."

Cocky bastards have to come unstuck at some point surely
Wtf is a soft embargo?

Either they have exceeded p and s and face points deductions or they haven't and are free to sign who they like

Makes no sense
TrevorFr​ancisTrackSuits
Wtf is a soft embargo?

Either they have exceeded p and s and face points deductions or they haven't and are free to sign who they like

Makes no sense

Explained this one a few times about us having one last summer

Soft embargo - restrictions on signings but with some flexibility. No fees, wages capped at a reasonable level, some discretion

Hard embargo - heavy restrictions no flexibility.
Think I read somewhere that the EFL are waiting for Fulham after the season ends to ask them a few pertinent questions.
07:37, Tue 16 Apr
El Mayor
TrevorFr​ancisTrackSuits
Wtf is a soft embargo?

Makes no sense

Explained this one a few times about us having one last summer

Soft embargo - restrictions on signings but with some flexibility. No fees, wages capped at a reasonable level, some discretion

Hard embargo - heavy restrictions no flexibility.

I'm guessing the soft embargo is from the accounts they have submitted for the current season? So in effect it's a 'get your house in order by the 30th June or we'll come after you' message from the EFL?

In terms of the stadium sale, which set of accounts did they book this against, 17/18 or 18/19?
If it was last year, then clearly the EFL have already accepted the sale and we know from our case with the Pedersen signing that the disciplinary commission won't punish if it's something the EFL have signed off.

Technically the punishment should be passed on into the premier league, but you know they won't allow it.
But even if it was, they could happily be relegated with massive parachute payments and go up the following season without worrying about FFP - a real punishment would be a points deduction and limited parachute payments.
07:53, Tue 16 Apr
Nothing will come of it. The EFL should have already done their 'checks' by now. They're not going to suddenly do a u turn because the Boro chairman has kicked up a fuss.
08:13, Tue 16 Apr
What if he takes legal action? Backed with an expert report as to how Derby and Vile have cooked the books?

Remember both have parked a shedload of debts with other companies. Derby don't pay all their staff via the football entity, I think Vile do the same too.

Indeed, what happens if Gibson sues Vile and Derby directly, if Boro miss out on a play-off spot? He could get them for breach of contract (namely the contract the clubs have with each other to take part in the League).
08:22, Tue 16 Apr
bluearmyfaction
What if he takes legal action? Backed with an expert report as to how Derby and Vile have cooked the books?

Remember both have parked a shedload of debts with other companies. Derby don't pay all their staff via the football entity, I think Vile do the same too.

Indeed, what happens if Gibson sues Vile and Derby directly, if Boro miss out on a play-off spot? He could get them for breach of contract (namely the contract the clubs have with each other to take part in the League).

If the EFL have already given the green light to the accounts then I doubt there's any ground for legal action.

Would be extremely interesting if it did happen though.
08:24, Tue 16 Apr
There are grounds - he could take it directly. The EFL's word is not gospel and a Court (or arbitral panel, more likely I think, I bet the EFL rules have an arbitration clause for breaches) will look at the matter afresh. He could even challenge the EFL legally for a negligent job.