20:22, Wed 8 May
My Blue Heaven
Cersei could have wiped out Dany there and then. Stupid that she didn’t.
I guess the idea was they were there under a white flag to talk peace terms . If Cersei relinquishes her claim to the throne , then there is no need for further bloodshed.

Obviously she could have ignored this and wiped the leaders of the opposing army out . However in doing so she would have ignored the rules of medieval combat , and made martyrs out of her enemy's. Her days on the throne would have been numbered then , she needs to seen as the good guy rebelling foreign invaders by Westeros .
20:35, Wed 8 May
What are they supposed to do, wait around until RR Martin pulls his fat finger out and writes the books? If it continued at the pace it started he’d be dead before we ever saw it finished.

Doomed if they do, doomed if they don’t.

Still.

Linked Image
The elusive Wang
20:55, Wed 8 May
If they hadn’t rushed through the first 5 books and ignored crucial plot lines ... we would be there or thereabouts by now and needn’t have destroyed the integrity
21:00, Wed 8 May
b.casual
What are they supposed to do

Write the show competently
21:18, Wed 8 May
Linked Image
The elusive Wang
21:32, Wed 8 May
b.casual
What are they supposed to do, wait around until RR Martin pulls his fat finger out and writes the books? If it continued at the pace it started he’d be dead before we ever saw it finished.

Doomed if they do, doomed if they don’t.

Still.

Linked Image
That being said chap , even series 6 & 7 meandered a bit. The way series 8 has been rushed to a conclusion is very strange imo .
08:25, Thu 9 May
Don't see why it's geeky to want to watch a show with good writing?
08:40, Thu 9 May
They've had 2 years to sort out this last series.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
08:42, Thu 9 May
I don't think you can compare this to the Sopranos. The writing was consistent throughout and the only complaint some fans have is the way the very final scene was played out. I thought it was a great ending, there were certainly enough glues left as to what was going to happen.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
12:52, Mon 13 May
Best episode of the season by a million miles, last night.
Revere me.
13:05, Mon 13 May
They managed to cover a lot of ground, they had to as they're running out of episodes.

A good episode though.
13:21, Mon 13 May
Agreed, very good episode.
20:09, Mon 13 May
Worst episode of GOT. There has been no reason to watch the last 7 seasons. Everythings out the window. Just give it to brann and be done with it now.
20:45, Mon 13 May
e17blue
They managed to cover a lot of ground, they had to as they're running out of episodes.

A good episode though.

It was a long episode so not actually that much ground in all honesty. Still a lot to come in the final episode.
Revere me.
20:59, Mon 13 May
Pablo Ibanez
Worst episode of GOT. There has been no reason to watch the last 7 seasons. Everythings out the window. Just give it to brann and be done with it now.

It would appear that you actually haven’t watched the last 7 seasons if you think Brann could/would take the throne.

I really enjoyed that episode, only gripe I had was that I wanted Cersei to be murdered rather than have a “happy” ending (ish).