08:05, Tue 14 May
Musername
Dany’s arc has really annoyed me. Her whole thing for 7 seasons was she frees people who are being ruled by tyrants. Now because Cersei has Missandei killed she just thinks feck it everyone is dying?

The entire programme starts on the back of Dany's father (The Mad King) blowing up Kingslanding. It's almost subtly foreshadowed from the start. They constantly hint that Targaryans "tow the line" of madness, when they say that when one is born, the Gods flip a coin. There's also a quote from Maester Aemon in the early series where he tells Jon that "A Targaryan in alone in the world is a terrible thing". There's also abit with Lady Olenna before she died, where she tells Dany that the citizens will never love her, so she has to rule by fear. Between those hints and her constantly telling people that she'll take what is rightly hers, "by fire and blood", then it wasn't that much of a shock.

Will be interesting to see where they go with the final episode. Can't see Arya killing her after also killing the Night King. Think it'll be Jon or Tyrion, probably the former.
08:35, Tue 14 May
I've got a theory that Ned Stark faked his own death and will come back riding on a donkey.
08:35, Tue 14 May
Agree re Dany.

I think Jon will kill her and walk away; no one will get the throne.
08:49, Tue 14 May
The Reverend
Musername
I’m sorry but nothing recently has shown that she is capable of genocide, not only to her enemy but to her allies too.

Tell that to the Tarley's.

She has been hell bent on power and the throne since the second season and has become increasingly more unreasonable and has listened less and less to the advice of her aides.

When she realised she had no allies in Westeros she treated the people the same way she did the slavers. She's as mad as her dad.

The Tarley's wouldn't bend the knee, that's no different to what any other king/queen has done in the show.

Varys was killed for treason, Ned Stark (the most honourable man in Westeros) killed someone in the first episode for something similar so it's not like she's done anything way out of the ordinary

She's wanted power yes, but she's never used Fear and innocent lives to gain that power. That's something that she was steadfastly against for 7.5 seasons.

Don't get me wrong, her becoming the mad queen is bloody awesome in theory. The way they've done it is awful IMO.
09:05, Tue 14 May
El Mayor
Agree re Dany.

Arya gonna kill her for me.
09:07, Tue 14 May
El Mayor
Agree re Dany.

Agree about Jon, I think Dany will try to burn him but it won't work.

I don't think the throne exists any more to be honest.
09:10, Tue 14 May
I agree that the final stages of her going that way could've been done better, but the writers have said that it was a spontaneous decision on Dany's behalf. She didn't go into the city, planning on destroying it all.

I wanna know what significance it had that the Wildfire was exploding at the same time. I think they were caches left hidden by the Mad King, but why show them exploding? Was it symbolic that she was becoming "The Mad Queen" or was it just showing that the damage being done to the buildings and people was made worse by the fact there was also wildfire buried there?
09:22, Tue 14 May
That's even worse then. She didn't intend to do it, saw that everyone was surrendering and thought feck it you're all dying?

A few small changes could've made it so much better. Instead of Rhaegal dying last episode to some super accurate arrows (which since then have been fecking useless) why not have him die in the attack on Kings Landing? Have the Lannister forces surrendering & the bells ringing, everyone goes quiet and looks like it's over. Then out of nowhere Cersei demands against Qyburn's judgement that they fire one of the bolts at one of the dragons. That would give Dany's killings make more sense too.
09:25, Tue 14 May
I enjoyed it. There are holes to pick at it, like the dragon suddenly realising it's the Captain Marvel of Westeros and the Hound fighting an unmasked Darth Vader.

But the twists and turns were still there. Varys knew he was in for the chop so clearly made plans ahead of his fate. Tyrion knows he's going to look like a sausage from a Stella fuelled chav BBQ and Arya said she was going to kill a queen so there are a few contenders to see off Daenrys after going full Targeryon.

Maisie Williams put in an excellent performance.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
09:26, Tue 14 May
It's a twist too far to have Jon kill her. It's not in his nature and he's got no interest in the throne.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
09:28, Tue 14 May
That's like trying to rewrite it so Han didn't shoot first.
09:32, Tue 14 May
Yeah Dany will want rid of Jon because no matter what he says he's a threat if he's alive and Arya will do the business to stop her.

I can't believe people are wondering where this all came from with Dany, or saying it was too quick - the hints (and even some of her actions) have been signposting smething like this for ages. And people do snap. Jon not giving her a bone was the last straw.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
09:37, Tue 14 May
The remainder of Jon's family are all a threat to Dany now, so maybe he will kill her in defence or in vengeance if she goes for one of them.

I still think the last Dragon will turn on Dany and buddy up with Jon as he is the rightful heir to the throne
09:42, Tue 14 May
I know what you're saying, but having the other dragon killed first, outright moves Dany back into the "Good guy reacting to provocation from the bad guy" territory. I think that is the point. Despite the city surrendering, she felt they deserved to die as part of taking KL by right of conquest. The whole point was that Dany doesn't come out of it as the good guy. As eluded to above, she is "shooting first". She out-Cersei'd Cersei.
09:42, Tue 14 May
The whole family is made up of a bunch of nutters - it's in their genes. She's been abused, raped, beaten and traded about like a pawn since she was young. She's shown signs from the outset.