11:52, Tue 14 May
Im sure Llyn Payne is still alive, not been shown as dead on screen anyway, Infact im not sure the character has been seen since season 2
11:54, Tue 14 May
He was mentioned by Tywin the day before Tyrion's trial so he was definitely alive and in KL at that point.
12:06, Tue 14 May
You think there should have been logic to when she went mad?

It sounds to me like you are talking about something calculated which would probably require sanity.
Revere me.
12:17, Tue 14 May
Maybe the books will take a different stance (if they ever get finished) but within the confines of the shows characterisation she's always been sane, misguided at times yes but knew well enough to surround herself with older, wiser people. I understand there is a debate there about the fact those people had all but gone now and this would be fine had they explored that isolation more.

Even inner turmoil we did see on the show was her need to ensure she wasnt her father, this shows sanity to me.

I think the turn in itself is fine, but doing so pretty much at that speed was not what should have been and not becoming of a show that took seasons to show character decisions in the earlier days.
12:32, Tue 14 May
behind premium or requires signing up - i get the headline, there have been hints at it but the speed of the unravelling is the issue not the change in itself.

It was lazy and rushed writing, which it did not need to be. That isnt a new trend, it was in Season 7 aswell. Ad as per before, despite terrible acts done by the character they all had a reason and logic behind them, this, afer a surrender, defies those principled stants which have until this point defined the characters actions (good or bad).

anyway im sort of banging the same drum, it just felt that at times i was watching a different show to that which i had been for years.
12:37, Tue 14 May
But only you and Musername seem to feel that way. Everyone else had heeded the signs. Maybe it's time to look at yourself a little.
Revere me.
12:40, Tue 14 May
There has been a little drop off in terms of writing and it has gone a bit Hollywood the last 2/3 series, but the story arcs and characterizations are still spot on I think. It may be rushed but it's the endgame and has been building up a long time. SHe has always showed signs of being ruthless and prepared to kill, whatever her reasons. That coupled with her only purpose in life disappearing and losing everyone she cared about makes it a perfectly logical story arc for what is a Targaryen Queen with burny dragons
12:43, Tue 14 May
Also - whatever gets said about the writing, they've managed to shock a lot of people. Again. Good.

And I'm a big fan of the series showing the complete futility of war, and the longer these things go on, the more power corrupts and good and bad all becomes the same. Lots of parallels to a war weary world and nuclear bombs in there somewhere I reckon. And life's stories rarely have actual endings, never mind happy ones. Again, good.
13:02, Tue 14 May
I've seen a lot of people who don't watch the show, complain that they can't get into something that they can't relate to, ie with the dragons, etc.

But there are many parallels to real life and as you say, reflections of modern-day society.

Essentially even if the 'Good guys' win the throne, a new argument ensues over which one of the good guys should sit on it, with the underlying feelings of greed and power motivating people.
13:11, Tue 14 May
If it were just 2 of us with an issue maybe but if that were the case then the entire internet would not be full of debate on it.

@Oldham - I feel the writing quality has dipped a fair bit, it has been a little off since they overtook the books which was to be expected as they were heading into territory unknown and knowing that expectations were high, cant have been easy at all. But in season 6 and 7 they spend episodes trying to sort monior plot points yet 8 has rushed years worth of plot building. very un-even which is an utter shame.
13:20, Tue 14 May
The Reverend
But only you and Musername seem to feel that way. Everyone else had heeded the signs. Maybe it's time to look at yourself a little.

Not sure why you're making it personal. Merely pointing out that her transformation has been rushed like most things this season, which the internet at large seems to agree with.
13:21, Tue 14 May
The writing has been poor recently. The clever character inter-play and a lot of the subtlety has gone. Tyrion, The Hound and Tormund in particular have really suffered IMO.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
13:23, Tue 14 May
Legal_Bluenose
The writing has been poor recently. The clever character inter-play and a lot of the subtlety has gone. Tyrion, The Hound and Tormund in particular have really suffered IMO.

I like how the Hound has been written, vengeance against his brother has been his goal ever since the start. He had a good almost father figure story with Arya too.

Tyrion and Tormund I agree with. Tyrion hasn't been right about something for around 3 seasons and Tormund went from pillaging and raping to comic relief, although he was very funny comic relief to be fair.
13:27, Tue 14 May
Its pretty obvious the writings gone down hill. Daenarys and her army went all the way from winterfell to kingslanding in a single episode. That just tells us how rushed this season has been.

Should have been two seasons of 7-10 episodes.