06:58, Tue 30 Apr
Not sure starring out a characters name and then describing the characters story throughout the whole series is the best way to not give away spoilers.
The intellectual saviour of the masses.
07:01, Tue 30 Apr
I enjoy the show, a bit of fantasy never hurt anyone
07:31, Tue 30 Apr
Chelè
Tresor
Tandy
Swords and dragons stories are for children.

Imagine being so hateful and petty that you feel compelled to belittle strangers on the internet.

If you're not interested, don't open the thread. It's really not hard.

I bet he's one of those really cool and funny types that posts Facebook statuses about being the only one who hasn't seen Game of Thrones.

I have never seen 1 second of Game of Thrones but I probably enjoy things you would not, not to say either of us are wrong we all have likes and dislikes GOT never appealed to me. It does have a huge audience though.
Goodbye says it all.
07:34, Tue 30 Apr
it was her knowledge of skulking around winterfell, the training from siccario (chasing cats), and as a faceless man that helps get her to the night king. The library scene is an indicator that she has skills in stealth albeit they are sloppy because she is in fear for her life. Melisandre then gives her the focus of what she must do which would allow her to overcome that fear and put her training fully into practice.
07:36, Tue 30 Apr
e17blue
I enjoy the show, a bit of fantasy never hurt anyone

...apart from Ned Stark
07:59, Tue 30 Apr
With the remaining 4 unsullied, 12 northmen and half a dragon?
08:09, Tue 30 Apr
*CONTAINS SPOILERS*
As both a book and TV GOT fan, I was hesitant to continue watching when the series went past the books – it seemed a shame to spend so much time working my way through those heavy tomes only to find out the conclusion from the TV show. But with its worldwide popularity there are and have been spoilers everywhere so I thought I may as well watch and hope – as has been suggested – that the books (if they ever come out) take a different path to the show.

And my word, how poor the writing has been since they no longer have the source material to support them. Last series felt rushed and cack-handed, and this one is picking up where that one left off. The whole story arc is that the inhabitants were wasting time chasing the iron throne when there’s a bigger threat north of the wall. ‘Winter is coming’, etc. They build the Night King up for 7 seasons, claiming he’s been planning the attack for centuries….and he falls barely 20 minutes into his foray into Winterfell, taking his entire army and 0 main characters with him in the process!

As has been mentioned above, Game of Thrones is brilliant because of the intricacies/manipulations behind the scenes, its nuance and unpredictability. Littlefinger epitomised this so these lame scriptwriters killed him off the first chance they got – they can’t write him. Tyrion as well, was being ridiculed for being ‘stupid’ after making several mistakes in the recent series – a character who is more or less a genius in the books, reduced to a peripheral figure with the odd one-liner by the script writers. It’s also noticeable how many of the *main* characters miraculously survive the battle – Martin wasn’t afraid to bring realism to the story by making everyone vulnerable. Daenery’s ridiculous ‘hero saves the day’ moment from Mormont epitomised how these writers are doing the opposite – writing from sentiment and a fear of killing any key characters off. How Sam survived that….

All in all I feel this episode was an entertaining cop out. Many non-book fans will love it for the scale and brilliant effects – I don’t detract from the cinematic achievement it was – but the drop in writing quality is palpable at this point. It’s more Avengers than Game of Thrones.
08:17, Tue 30 Apr
Love GOT but have to say I was disappointed with last nights episode.

After about 10 mins the battle scene became quite dull, to dark to see what was going on, utterly ludicrous that Jon Snow surrounded by about 50 White Walkers somehow managed to fight his way out, plus Lady Brienne and Jamie Lannister, White Worm, etc still survived armed only with a sword against 1000+ White Walkers.

Killing the Night King without any explanation of their purpose was also a bit shit.

Also, please explain how:

1) Arya got out of the library unscathed
2) How she got to the Tree past all those White Walkers
3) Which tree was she hiding in to make that gargantuan leap onto the Night King's back.

C+. Must do better.....

P.S. Bran did feck all, just sat there. Three eyed raven? Three eyed turd more like....
08:41, Tue 30 Apr
Disagree about not enough main characters dying. Throughout all seasons there have been very few main characters to die in major battles.

Battle of the Blackwater nobody major died on either side.

Battle of the b*stards only Ramsay died (not counting Rickon as a main character).

Battle of castle black none of the main characters die (to my recollection anyway)
08:46, Tue 30 Apr
They promised us a battle better than Helms Deep. It wasn't. The Dothraki weren't seen. Nice idea but they're feared warriors. To finish them off like that was pretty cheap.

The Unsullied didn't do too much, just held the line.

Considering how many made it back through the gate, why were there so few on the walls?

This is game of thrones, people die. After last week's farewell scene I was expecting a few more to go. You had a lot of main characters in very dire situations yet they all walked away. Jorah and Theon died good deaths.

I do hope that they've not killed the Red Witch story as she's the one who knows the truth about Pendry.

Arya kept switching between lethal killer to someone who couldn't even play hide and seek.

The Night King's dragon could destroy the wall yet he left it out of the fight until the undead had breached the defences.

Daenerys seemed to totally forget about Jon's revelation last week.

Using the snow storm to hide the battle was crap and it was far too dark IMO.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
08:53, Tue 30 Apr
Quite a few unsullied survived. Both dragons are alive.

I'm expecting the Iron Fleet to switch sides. Don't rule out the Dorne either.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
09:50, Tue 30 Apr
The Reverend
Got some thing to say and have been waiting all day.

Hurry up and watch.

4 seasons of "the dead are coming and we're all effed" and it's all over within an episode

Load of tosh
JCL
10:22, Tue 30 Apr
he episode did seem a bit of a let down, agree with all the battle as too dark, but then it’s about making it seem confused and hectic, which the battle would have been.

Thought the dragons could have made the first path and taken out a bunch the undead before they had taken out the Dothraki and got all mixed in with the unsullied, note the waifs aren’t white walkers, we didn’t really see that many proper white walkers in big fights.

There were quite a few times you wonder how anyone is going to survive it all, did seems as if they were building up for Arya to go down, the sneaky chaps.
However, after a while I think it became obvious this would be the end of White walkers/Night King/army of the undead. With the numbers involved and the fact they keep on coming they had to end it now or else the remaining episodes would jus be this continuous battle. They would ever have to retreat, the ‘goodies’ cold never get away so it had to end.

Now to have one big clear up, going to take quite some time, get some booze down them, little party, and head down to Kings Landing to take it. Maybe also get back to a bit more intrigue an plotting and not just smash, smash.

This bloke is a little annoying, but it’s his style, however they do some pretty good breakdown videos. His ones for the first two episodes are pretty good, as are the Marvel ones as I forget a lot of the back stories.

[www.youtube.com]">

[www.youtube.com]">
It's always easier to believe something than understand it.
10:22, Tue 30 Apr
It was the greatest battle that I've ever partially seen.
10:27, Tue 30 Apr
Moneyball
*CONTAINS SPOILERS*
As both a book and TV GOT fan, I was hesitant to continue watching when the series went past the books – it seemed a shame to spend so much time working my way through those heavy tomes only to find out the conclusion from the TV show. But with its worldwide popularity there are and have been spoilers everywhere so I thought I may as well watch and hope – as has been suggested – that the books (if they ever come out) take a different path to the show.

And my word, how poor the writing has been since they no longer have the source material to support them. Last series felt rushed and cack-handed, and this one is picking up where that one left off. The whole story arc is that the inhabitants were wasting time chasing the iron throne when there’s a bigger threat north of the wall. ‘Winter is coming’, etc. They build the Night King up for 7 seasons, claiming he’s been planning the attack for centuries….and he falls barely 20 minutes into his foray into Winterfell, taking his entire army and 0 main characters with him in the process!

As has been mentioned above, Game of Thrones is brilliant because of the intricacies/manipulations behind the scenes, its nuance and unpredictability. Littlefinger epitomised this so these lame scriptwriters killed him off the first chance they got – they can’t write him. Tyrion as well, was being ridiculed for being ‘stupid’ after making several mistakes in the recent series – a character who is more or less a genius in the books, reduced to a peripheral figure with the odd one-liner by the script writers. It’s also noticeable how many of the *main* characters miraculously survive the battle – Martin wasn’t afraid to bring realism to the story by making everyone vulnerable. Daenery’s ridiculous ‘hero saves the day’ moment from Mormont epitomised how these writers are doing the opposite – writing from sentiment and a fear of killing any key characters off. How Sam survived that….

All in all I feel this episode was an entertaining cop out. Many non-book fans will love it for the scale and brilliant effects – I don’t detract from the cinematic achievement it was – but the drop in writing quality is palpable at this point. It’s more Avengers than Game of Thrones.

Agree with this 👍