11:43, Tue 30 Apr
I haven't seen the ep 4 trailer but will look that up.

I remember Jaime asking her about defending the one flank but I don't remember the knights of the vale being mentioned.
11:50, Tue 30 Apr
Their sigil was on several of the shields directly behind Brienne
12:49, Tue 30 Apr
Tresor
Tandy
Swords and dragons stories are for children.

Imagine being so hateful and petty that you feel compelled to belittle strangers on the internet.

If you're not interested, don't open the thread. It's really not hard.

I bet he's one of those really cool and funny types that posts Facebook statuses about being the only one who hasn't seen Game of Thrones.

Tandy's told me off in the past for going on the NFL threads and saying I don't like the sport...pot/kettle 😀
I watched it on my phone with headphones in and it was great quality, I thought it was brilliant TV, loved every second and will watch it again
13:12, Tue 30 Apr
My Blue Heaven
Their sigil was on several of the shields directly behind Brienne

Ok, didn't notice that. I couldn't tell you what most of the sigils are to be honest beyond the main houses (stark, targaryen, lannister and baratheon).
14:01, Tue 30 Apr
Ser Tait
Not sure starring out a characters name and then describing the characters story throughout the whole series is the best way to not give away spoilers.

Yes you are correct using **** was ridiculous . However i just copied a previous poster who had done the same .
14:13, Tue 30 Apr
Agree Moneyball when they were using Martin's source material the show was superb . A tapestry of intrigue moving between lands and people . Little scenes which didn't seem significant but were clues and Easter eggs . Really clever you had to keep your eyes and ears open .

Since these two Hollywood script writers have taken over . It has become a bit Marvel meets John McClane .They seem to be rushing it to a conclusion . Which is strange as it is meant to be a money spinner ' the biggest TV show in the world ' . With Martin saying he has enough material for 10 -12 seasons ( though not all written yet) and all the interest it garners it is doubly strange .
14:19, Tue 30 Apr
This is what I don't understand. They're on to a good thing so why not drag it out as long as possible.

And by 'drag it out' I don't mean in a negative sense. The first 6 series were set at a much slower pace than this one and the last, but people still loved it. I'm positive that if they'd kept the same pace going, it still would have been immensely popular. I don't get the need to suddenly up the pace in the last series. I certainly didn't get the impression people were getting bored but its as if HBO decided to call time on it and rushed the ending.
14:41, Tue 30 Apr
It is effectively a very grand and lavish soap opera. It could have been going for a while with the right script.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
14:47, Tue 30 Apr
Pablo Ibanez
Legal_Bluenose

I do hope that they've not killed the Red Witch story as she's the one who knows the truth about Pendry.

Melisandre is definitely dead .

Arya kept switching between lethal killer to someone who couldn't even play hide and seek.

That was part of the storyline which was terribly executed . With her training at the House Of Black And White she began the battle as a faceless man, a master swordsman and fighter with ninja type skills . She also can take other people faces and had mastered the concept of becoming ' no one' . The concept of becoming 'no one ' taught to her my Jaqen meant she became devoid of emotional ties of her previous or future life thus devoid of the emotions that make us fear death .During her return to Westerros you can see she has slowly been falling out of this concept of ' no one ' . As the battle raged and after bumping her head fending off the dead , she became Arya Stark again panicked by death in fear of her life , a little girl again . As she saw the home she grew up in become overrun by the army of the dead . When she became trapped in the room in the library Melisandre reminds her she was born to kill the Night King " what do we say to the God of death?..Not today" ( first said to her by Syrio Forel who is possibly also Jaqen Hghar) and what her training has been for .

However not showing what she did after charging out of the library and killing The Night King was possibly the biggest ball drop since the final scene of The Sopranos

14:51, Tue 30 Apr
Lumbertubs
This is what I don't understand. They're on to a good thing so why not drag it out as long as possible.

And by 'drag it out' I don't mean in a negative sense. The first 6 series were set at a much slower pace than this one and the last, but people still loved it. I'm positive that if they'd kept the same pace going, it still would have been immensely popular. I don't get the need to suddenly up the pace in the last series. I certainly didn't get the impression people were getting bored but its as if HBO decided to call time on it and rushed the ending.

They ran out of George RR Martin's book material at the end of season 5 beginning of season 6 .
14:55, Tue 30 Apr
There are plenty of differences between the show and the books, both for better and worse.
15:17, Tue 30 Apr
Exactly, glad I'm not alone in being frustrated by this. I'm guessing the rush towards the finish is Hollywood/agent led. Most of the young stars were relative unknowns earlier on in the series. Now, they're no doubt inundated with big-budget movie offers and other engagements that a slow-burner TV show that has already taken a decade of their lives to complete doesn't gel with. My knowledge of the film/TV industry is close to 0, but I would assume that there's economic utility in ending it quickly and moving on to other engagements for the people involved.
15:40, Tue 30 Apr
I enjoyed it. Wasn't too dark for me, a couple of the main characters got redemptive send offs, plenty of action, couple of laughs and a half decent (if rushed to) ending.

I accept most of the criticisms about the writing and the speed of the last couple of series, but I think its real life (i.e. actors getting older and bored) that mean they have no choice but to get to the end of this and try and set up the prequels.

But as Sabre says, that was 80 minutes of generally gripping TV. What with GOT and the current Line of Duty, not to mention Endgame, I don't think I'm going to see stuff like that again for a very long time.

And the best TV series still running - Gomorrah - comes back in June. Fantastic.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
15:54, Tue 30 Apr
I thought the last series of 'Call the midwife' was quite gripping in parts.
16:05, Tue 30 Apr
Is Line Of Duty one of those shows you can just watch this season or do you need to start from series 1?