10:16, Mon 13 May
Would be interesting to see what he does with a bit of financial backing, their recruitment would be very interesting
Formerly Le Mod
10:17, Mon 13 May
Anyone linked Monk with the Brighton vacancy yet ?

Yes
10:17, Mon 13 May
Chris
Scoobers

Graham Potter of Swansea is heavily odds-on.

Bit of a strange one. Hasn't done badly at Swansea but hasn't exactly pulled up any trees either.

Shit replacement.
10:19, Mon 13 May
Chris
Scoobers

Graham Potter of Swansea is heavily odds-on.

Bit of a strange one. Hasn't done badly at Swansea but hasn't exactly pulled up any trees either.

Potter has done a brilliant job at Swansea........that club is more of a basket case than us
10:23, Mon 13 May
Fat Buddha
Potter has done a brilliant job at Swansea........that club is more of a basket case than us

I agree with that.

Swansea are falling to pieces as a club and Potter is the only good thing going for them.
bluepeter
I was at the Brighton / Man City game yesterday. The general feeling was that Hughton had taken them as far as he could and it was time for someone else to come in. Will be interesting to see who they get!

Another deluded club by the sounds of it. I wonder where Brighton 'Think' they should be?
10:26, Mon 13 May
e17blue
Got to be top of the list for the Baggies job?

He'd be a great fit for them, they've got some good players, just need organisation and structure. He could do for them what Roy Hodgson did.
10:26, Mon 13 May
Had his hands tied at Swansea, sold all his best players and brought nobody in.
10:27, Mon 13 May
They're a 3rd division club playing in the Premier League, I'd say they're doing quite well.

Thst said I've seen a number of their matches in the last few months and the lack of ambition has been shocking.

I suppose that's what trying to finish 17th or slightly better has become
What did the Knights in White satin?
Bordesley not Small Heath
bluepeter
I was at the Brighton / Man City game yesterday. The general feeling was that Hughton had taken them as far as he could and it was time for someone else to come in. Will be interesting to see who they get!

Another deluded club by the sounds of it. I wonder where Brighton 'Think' they should be?

2 league wins in 2019, can see why the did it tbh.
bluepeter

I never really understand this argument. It's not where they think they should be, it's where they think they will be with Hughton in charge vs someone else. Just because they're not a big club doesn't mean they shouldn't try to do as well as they can
10:36, Mon 13 May
He's done a brilliant job in my opinion, hardly anyone in and a few out under a dodgy board
10:38, Mon 13 May
Tall
Thst said I've seen a number of their matches in the last few months and the lack of ambition has been shocking.

I genuinely think that's the problem.

He had spent a decent amount of money, and yet they were in freefall...2 wins in 23 I think.

And the last couple of months he's barely had the balls to bring them out of the dressing room never mind their own half.
10:38, Mon 13 May
Rock bottom for goal attempts. The owner is one of those data analytics types. Hughton has been sacked by an algorithm
10:41, Mon 13 May
Jacques Moran
bluepeter

I never really understand this argument. It's not where they think they should be, it's where they think they will be with Hughton in charge vs someone else. Just because they're not a big club doesn't mean they shouldn't try to do as well as they can

I think also Hughton has spent a fair bit in the transfer market and arguably all / most of his bigger signings have not proven worth the money spent, hence why Glenn Murray at 36 years old still starts. Hughton has been good at manning the barricades for strong defensive performances, but has been unable to make progress in terms of playing a more attacking style. The defensive approach is fine as long as you are picking up points, but since the turn of the year that has not been the case and why his days have been numbered for a while.