13:49, Mon 13 May
bluer than blues
Rab C Nesbitt
Spike
Tall
Thst said I've seen a number of their matches in the last few months and the lack of ambition has been shocking.

I genuinely think that's the problem.

He had spent a decent amount of money, and yet they were in freefall...2 wins in 23 I think.

And the last couple of months he's barely had the balls to bring them out of the dressing room never mind their own half.
That’s it.
You’d think we’d understand tbf. McLeish won a Cup but the way you play is very important in keeping fans happy. Hughton has played turgid stuff.
Bruce and Rowett here too, had many bored stiff

Thing is, McLeish got us our highest ever prem finish and won us only our second ever major honour. Bruce got two promotions and kept us in the prem for four consecutive seasons. Rowett turned us from being a basket case into a club chasing the playoffs.
Maybe. The majority of the loyalist support want a team to try and win games. That’s why Monk will get away with poor runs of results atm.
The shelf life for Rowett and Pulisc ball is very short at most clubs nowadays and I’m not ashamed to say I can understand it
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
14:28, Mon 13 May
pulis been at boro year & half.we got thru 4 bosses in less time b4 monk
14:46, Mon 13 May
I can understand it too.

I've said this before, but I did used to be in the camp of not caring as long as we won...I watched us play under Saunders and that wasn't exactly Tiki-Taka.

I still felt that was even the season McLeish got us promoted by pretty much boring the opposition to death despite having better players than anybody else.

The first season up was decent, we had a fair balance between trying to be tight and doing a bit going forward - ok we wasted a chance to develop a bit after the unbeaten run ended, and he completely bottled the FA Cup game at Portsmouth...but hey-ho.

But I did change my mind that last season which was without doubt the most cowardly, shitty league campaign I have ever witnessed at Blues. I decided then that life was too short and I would rather see us have a go and fail than snivel on our knees like that again.

Had McLeish stayed I was seriously considering stopping going. Hughton restored my love a bit...which was why it saddened me to see what a coward he'd become those last few months at Brighton.

I do think the average fan these days (of any club) is getting tired of the McLeish / Pulis "style" approach. Those guys are dinosaurs and hopefully once they are gone we will not see their likes again.
14:48, Mon 13 May
That's why Monk has so much goodwill even when we lose games.

Remember after Boro at home when he chucked Vassell on straight after we equalised, even though we lost it was refreshing to try and win the game instead of settling.
14:51, Mon 13 May
Don't forget McLeish got us needlessly relegated twice too during his reign.

Yes we had some great games and high points under him but he was nowt special overall.
14:59, Mon 13 May
I knew Monk was going to be different from the start.

He didn't try to grind to safety he just tried to win games.

I think I'm right in saying that he had 11 games, 5 wins, 5 defeats and one draw...and to be fair that draw was against Burton in the most one-sided game ever.

The only time he did go a bit defensive was at Wolves, and that didn't work anyway.

This season just finished, we did seem to get a lot of draws - but more often than not they were draws where we wondered how the hell we had managed to avoid winning. There wouldn't have been many where we had come away with a hard-earned point.
15:09, Mon 13 May
Don't forget McLeish got us needlessly relegated twice too during his reign.

Yes we had some great games and high points under him but he was nowt special overall.

Was actually some achievement getting that squad relegated. Struggle to understand even now how he did it.
11:17, Wed 15 May
I can see a scenario playing out where Baggies lose the play-offs, recruit Garry Monk and then Houghton ends up back at Blues. Just saying....

Quick, spin the wheel ...

[www.telegraph.co.uk]
11:19, Wed 15 May
He'd have a job replacing some of the players they had on loan but that would be a top appointment for them.
11:19, Wed 15 May
"young & hungry" is now as big a cliche as "due diligence"
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
11:31, Wed 15 May
Potter in the frame for the Brighton job?

£2m compo for him?
11:43, Wed 15 May
mad
mad
What I was thinking, Hughton to Baggies, Monk to Palace, Allardyce to Boro, Woy to Blues

My preferred solution, if we do need one
Into The Shadows playing live at...

2nd August - Exmouth Pavilion
10th August - Prince of Wales Theatre, Cannock
17th August - Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
28th September - Evesham Arts Centre
15th November - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton
11:57, Wed 15 May
Why would Palace want to get rid of Hodgson, and why would they want Monk?
13:00, Wed 15 May
Monk will be going nowhere this summer bar a dramatic turn of events at board level.
13:39, Wed 15 May
Monk Marvin
mad
What I was thinking, Hughton to Baggies, Monk to Palace, Allardyce to Boro, Woy to Blues

My preferred solution, if we do need one

I spoke with him (Woy) at the Euros in 2012 when he was walking round Kiev with Dave Watson (who was about to leave anyway). I asked him then if he would fancy the Blues job at some point in the future and he wasn't averse to the idea. Mind you, we were play off contenders then.