12:10, Tue 14 May
Not really the same argument is it. If Jota was running the dressing room, getting managers sacked, focusing more on his online brand and producing less than on the pitch than expected to boot then I'd feck him off too.
@LeMod1875
12:23, Tue 14 May
Bluewurst
One of the best midfielders on the planet let alone at United or the premier league

“Vastly overrated” comments show an ignorance of football that’s off the scale
One of the best midfielders when he can be arsed though.
If you are one of the top sides in the world like Man U are,he is bad for the health of your football club.
Not only financially but because he will drag everybody down with him.
As someone said earlier you won’t find many of the big guns breaking the door down this summer.
12:23, Tue 14 May
Le Mod
Not consistent or reliable though is he?

Billed as one of the best players on the planet but a few games in the 2018 World Cup aside, hasn't produced anywhere near enough performances to warrant that tag.

TBF, Pogba was brilliant for Juventus and we cannot simply write off his world cup winning exploits as "a few games". Messi has never been able to do for Argentina what Pogba did for France. Not saying the two are comparable, just that winning the world cup is a huge acheivement.

For Man Utd his performances have not matched the price tag, you're right. But as I said in the beginning, his stats still make him the best player at Man Utd. There is definitely a lot of showmanship with Pogba which doesn't help him and his attitude certainly appears poor if things aren't going his way.

I agree with most on here that he should probably go. Though, I don't doubt he will do a brilliant job for Real, at least until he decides he wants to be elsewhere.
12:28, Tue 14 May
He isn't a great player.

Great players have a great attitude as well as great talent. They also have great resilience.

Pogba doesn't have what it takes.

Bin.
Dong Ren out
12:29, Tue 14 May
I reckon he was good for Juventus, but not brilliant, the bloke has never got double figures in a season despite playing attacking midfield (until this year, which includes 7 penalties)

He's a good player, no doubt, but generally a 7 goal a season man who goes missing 1 in every 3, he should do more given the amount of talent he has imo, and he comes with a temperament that is not worth the output.
@LeMod1875
12:38, Tue 14 May
He isn't a great player.

Great players have a great attitude as well as great talent. They also have great resilience.

Pogba doesn't have what it takes.

Bin.

Diego maradona
@Bluewurst1875
12:44, Tue 14 May
Wasn't Maradona a terrifically driven player and a leader who took games by the scruff of the neck? Doubt he had many games where he couldn't be arsed or wasn't fussed that his team were losing.
@LeMod1875
12:52, Tue 14 May
I'd compare him to Ronaldo: looks like a Rolls Royce of a player, incredible talent, hugely vain, wants to be the centre of attention, hard to like, but the difference is that Ronaldo puts it in all day every day in training, every game whereas Pogba doesn't (I'm guessing of course but I'd be surprised if that wasn't true).
13:05, Tue 14 May
bluer than blues
What do you think of him?

Sorry, don't think he's made of the right stuff to bring him to St Andrews.
13:20, Tue 14 May
I'm struggling to believe it is a serious comparison.
13:26, Tue 14 May
When exactly has he lived up to his £100,000,000 price tag?

If you have ability but rarely show this world class ability it makes a player overhyped.
13:29, Tue 14 May
Pogba had Kante/Varane/Lloris/Griezmann/Mbappe etc in that France squad, absolutely stacked with talent.

Messi didn't have a squad like that.
13:38, Tue 14 May
A man who's ego is far bigger than his talent . A wrong 'un in the changing room first player Ollie should get rid of .
13:43, Tue 14 May
I don't think it's as simple as just selling him though. Without him they have a mid table midfield at best, and with no Champions League I can't see any of the big players wanting to go there unless they keep fecking up the wage structure which is unsustainable.
13:50, Tue 14 May
Le Mod
I reckon he was good for Juventus, but not brilliant, the bloke has never got double figures in a season despite playing attacking midfield (until this year, which includes 7 penalties)

The guy who did the Italian football on Channel 4 for years James something was asked about him when Mourinho was manager at Man U . He reckons this belief that he can run a game from back to front is rubbish . At Juve they played two holding defensive midfield players so he could play high up the pitch and had free range to do what he wants . He wasn't expected to track back and do any real defensive work . He said it will never work for him at Man U if he is expected to play in a rigid position and put a shift in defensively. I believe France also allow him to play this way .