12:50, Wed 15 May
I would prefer to be less competitive than sell our home.
12:56, Wed 15 May
Sounds to me Mayor like you're hearing this is a likely outcome.

Lets hope and pray we get promoted in the next season or two. Jesus.
13:38, Wed 15 May
El Mayor
Dougie Bell
Can't we just pretend our youth set up cost 17 million pounds over 2 years and sell a car park that will never be developed upon?

Don't ask me where that idea came from, just popped in my head.
While I'm at it, Garry should get the players to start diving at the slightest contact and harass the ref all the time.

I see we're up from 11 mil to 17mil now.

Their youth setup is a Cat One setup while ours is Cat Two... and it's not that unfairly valued imo. Sorry, no conspiracy there.

11 mill last year. 6.5 the year before if memory serves me right.
Hence 17 mill over 2 years. 17.5 if we're splitting hairs.
Albions is also cat 1. I wonder how much they spent over the last 2 years?
That was liquid football!
13:39, Wed 15 May
David Xavis
Sounds to me Mayor like you're hearing this is a likely outcome.

Lets hope and pray we get promoted in the next season or two. Jesus.

We're gonna sell the ground for 80 mil, keep Che and sign the next Neves. We'll be Europa League in a few seasons.
13:40, Wed 15 May
Or looking for a new home like In Coventry's situation.
14:04, Wed 15 May
Dougie Bell
El Mayor
Dougie Bell
Can't we just pretend our youth set up cost 17 million pounds over 2 years and sell a car park that will never be developed upon?

Don't ask me where that idea came from, just popped in my head.
While I'm at it, Garry should get the players to start diving at the slightest contact and harass the ref all the time.

I see we're up from 11 mil to 17mil now.

Their youth setup is a Cat One setup while ours is Cat Two... and it's not that unfairly valued imo. Sorry, no conspiracy there.

11 mill last year. 6.5 the year before if memory serves me right.
Hence 17 mill over 2 years. 17.5 if we're splitting hairs.
Albions is also cat 1. I wonder how much they spent over the last 2 years?

Okay

Latest Recon Group Accounts - [beta.companieshouse.gov.uk]

Youth Development expenditure 10.7mil

I get why people are equating this with Academy expenditure but is it definitely all 10.7mil being written off for P&S? I think it's wise to be very careful reading accounts in that way.

Looking through the Blues accounts I can't even see where we put our youth development expenditure - does this mean we don't write anything off?
16:11, Wed 15 May
e17blue
...it's a one off payment and then the club is in the hands of an entity who may at some point walk away or fall out of favour with the club, what happens then?

The terms of the lease would operate of course... these are all registered at the land registry so as to protect the intentions of tbe parties to the transactions -and as they are contracts then the "out of favour" party could/would be made to comply with the terms by the courts.

As long as the terms of the lease are well written and do not disadvantage the club and it is a long one (99 years plus) then this is an excellent way of releasing much needed capital to the club.

I, for one, (maybe the only one? 😁) am for it.
16:12, Wed 15 May
northfield
I would prefer to be less competitive than sell our home.

Lots of people live in leasehold properties...it's still their home.
16:13, Wed 15 May
I am no financial wizard and I know we need the money but I would feel very uneasy that we don't own our ground.
16:18, Wed 15 May
TiptonBluenose

But their deal was shyte ... basically an arena that they rented for one day a fortnight along with others that played Rugby, concerts etc.

Now it's owned by the Rugby club.

If the sale and leaseback is done properly Stans would still be for the sole use of BCFC - doing whatever they do with it now.
16:19, Wed 15 May
Ditchblue
I am no financial wizard and I know we need the money but I would feel very uneasy that we don't own our ground.

Why?

Do you own your own house yet?

(If you have a mortgage the answer is no)
16:23, Wed 15 May
B_C_F_C
TiptonBluenose

But their deal was shyte ... basically an arena that they rented for one day a fortnight along with others that played Rugby, concerts etc.

Now it's owned by the Rugby club.

If the sale and leaseback is done properly Stans would still be for the sole use of BCFC - doing whatever they do with it now.

Key phrase is done properly. Do you trust this lot to do it properly?
16:29, Wed 15 May
e17blue
Selling the ground would be reactionary and short sighted.

Like you say Mayor, it's a one off payment and then the club is in the hands of an entity who may at some point walk away or fall out of favour with the club, what happens then?

Coventry City is what happens then. No fecking way. I would be stuck in this division for the next twenty years than sell off Stans.
17:41, Wed 15 May
Derby County escaped sanction under the EFL Profit and Sustainability Rules by selling their stadium to another company owned by their owner Mel Morris. The sale and subsequent long term lease back ensured that the Rams made a profit last season and did not fall foul of the rules in the same way Blu

[almajir.net]

Mel Morris is a Derby fan and it's a known fact that

1.. he has more money than he needs (thanks to Candy Crush mainly)
2.. he is unlikely to dob Derby in it
3.. the combination of 1 & 2 mean that him owning (trough a third company) Pride Park is unlikely to rebound on the fans

... our situation is somewhat different
It’s great this ffp or p&s lark it seems to get clubs like blues more in the shite than help us all clubs seem to do is find a way around the rules and get us more in the shite...joke club