21:43, Tue 4 Jun
Did anyone watch the show? The interviews are pretty compelling stuff 👍
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
08:46, Wed 5 Jun
it was great to see the videos in a higher res than on the net and also have them explained a bit. the interviews with the pilots were the best bits for me as you could guage alot about how they spoke about them. the team that the blink 182 guy has got together is pretty impressive, it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the series pans out although it does seem like they're going to go over rendlesham forest again which im a bit disappointed about.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
12:46, Wed 5 Jun
Nah I missed it, thought it was on the Sci-fy channel, turns out it's on the History channel?

Do you know if the first episode is available on catch-up?

(Tried watching the new Project Blue Book dramatisation of Hynek's career, but really is piss poor).
12:57, Wed 5 Jun
i dont think so, i got it via a torrent.

there is a lot of talk about the 3 videos that have been released so far. in the show the first one is shown as the nimitz incident but the other 2 are "unknown". apparently they are now known to be from a far more recent set of incidents known as "gimbal" and "go fast" these 2 incidents occured off the east coast of the US in 2014-5.

the website the drive has lots of really good articles on them many postulating that these UAVs are in fact future technology from black projects as both incidents occurred with the testing of new technology within the US naval fleet.

[www.thedrive.com]
[www.thedrive.com]
[www.thedrive.com]
[www.thedrive.com]
12:58, Wed 5 Jun
montypenguin
Tried watching the new Project Blue Book dramatisation of Hynek's career, but really is piss poor.

i havent watched that yet, i've heard they made it a bit x-files to try and dramatise things.
13:47, Wed 5 Jun
The series does rather presuppose you know the cases they hang the stories from.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
14:54, Wed 5 Jun
parabunk has done his usual rather biased analysis of it.

[parabunk.blogspot.com]

convenient how he washes over the whole tic-tac shape by questioning how far the pilots were away from the it 😂
23:27, Mon 10 Jun
Good read....

[theintercept.com]
This bit down here is hardly worth reading.
DB
08:17, Tue 11 Jun
Another good read:

[www.thedrive.com]
The Usual Suspect
01:04, Wed 12 Jun
DB
“However, it’s not believed that the craft were alien in origin.

The pilots who saw them speculated that they were part of a secret drone programme developing super fast and ultra manoeuvrable unmanned craft.”
This bit down here is hardly worth reading.
10:16, Wed 12 Jun
Southy
“However, it’s not believed that the craft were alien in origin.

The pilots who saw them speculated that they were part of a secret drone programme developing super fast and ultra manoeuvrable unmanned craft.”

Yeah right. Coming from a telecoms background and actually discussing data connectivity with Amazon for their drone project, I'm really super curious to learn how these "super drones" overcome both the problem of power and superfast data connectivity at 20K+ feet from the nearest 5G transmitter or satellite.

I dunno, maybe we back-engineered some extra-terrestrial technology that allows us to do that nowadays...
11:38, Wed 12 Jun
montypenguin
I dunno, maybe we back-engineered some extra-terrestrial technology that allows us to do that nowadays...

You can get internet on an aircraft at 30k feet. Unless they are using a really long cable I imagine it's not that tricky.
11:58, Wed 12 Jun
Sitting waiting for SHA to load up on your mobile screen isn't quite the same, is it.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
12:13, Wed 12 Jun
I haven't followed the thread and I haven't spent much time thinking it through. Off the top of my head I'd say the similarity between God and aliens is that they are both 'ideas'. That is there is no verifiable evidence of either.

I think an intelligent person might search for material evidence of lifeforms elsewhere in the universe but an intelligent religious religious person wouldn't search for material evidence of God.
13:01, Wed 12 Jun
notts_blue
montypenguin

You can get internet on an aircraft at 30k feet. Unless they are using a really long cable I imagine it's not that tricky.

Yes and your upstream speed will be about 2.4Mbits - about enough to download an excel spreadsheet (slowly).

Hardly the stuff of unidirectional turns at Mach level speeds.