18:50, Tue 21 May
I’m not aware of any scientific evidence that God exists. (I’m happy to be corrected on this).

In fact is it not the staple of most religions that it’s followers need to have ‘faith’ to believe......which basically means it’s aload of b****cks.

There's about as much scientific evidence that God exists as there is that aliens exist. Belief in aliens and their spacecraft visiting earth requires 'faith', as does the whole idea of life on earth, the Big Bang Theory, evolution etc so why do you think belief in God is a load of b****cks but not belief in aliens from another planet or solar system?

FWIW in a study of UK scientists - biologists and physicists - 45% do not believe in God which means that 55% believe in some form of deity.

[www.futurity.org]

How's that for 'b****cks'?

Anyway, back to the original question - do any of you UFO believers believe there is a God of some form or another? A simple yes or no will suffice for now.
19:07, Tue 21 May
QBBC2
Their name describes them.

I didn't ask you to describe, I asked you to define.

You avoided answering the question though. Why?

Ok their name defines them.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
19:48, Tue 21 May
In which case they are, as the name suggests, unidentified meaning there is no scientific evidence that they are alien spacecraft, yet that's what you believe them to be, no?

Do you believe in God?
19:55, Tue 21 May
Goo aarn Qbeeb.

I'm suspecting that the lack of response from the tin foilers may very well be, that they are very well aware they are replacing one false God, for another.
20:02, Tue 21 May
Odd, isn't it?

Considering Shermer's Last Law: "Any sufficiently advanced ETI is indistinguishable from God" you'd think they'd be up for both yet they'll admit to believing in one outlandish conspiracy theory but not the other.
20:04, Tue 21 May
Exactly. Put a monks cowl across the lot of em and it would fit perfectly.
20:12, Tue 21 May
QBBC2
In which case they are, as the name suggests, unidentified meaning there is no scientific evidence that they are alien spacecraft, yet that's what you believe them to be, no?

Do you believe in God?

Thanks for telling me what I believe 👍

#qbsback
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
20:44, Tue 21 May
I didn't tell you, I asked you. That's why there's a question mark you see.

Same old AnE, twisting and turning and avoiding the question.

Let's make it really simple: two yes/no questions

Do you believe alien spacecraft visit earth?

Do you believe in God?

If you just answer the questions then no-one can tell you what you believe or don't believe (although they can question WHY you believe, which is what's making your sphincter quiver)
21:11, Tue 21 May
as i asked before, define God
21:15, Tue 21 May
Why? My definition has no baring on your belief, only your definition does. Define it yourself. Believe or do not believe.

Why are you scared to answer the questions?
21:20, Tue 21 May
QBBC2
Post bollox like what? There's more evidence that God exists than that alien spacecraft exist so it's a perfectly valid question.

Where's the evidence that god exists.
21:23, Tue 21 May
Same place as the evidence that alien spacecraft visit earth, in people's minds.

Where's the evidence God doesn't exist?
21:23, Tue 21 May
you're asking me if i believe in God, i dont know what you mean by God so i cant answer.
21:25, Tue 21 May
Define the word football. Not as easy as you think is it as it's differing things to different people. UFO is catch all phrase that covers UAPs and UUP that is unidentified aerial phenomenon and unidentified underwater phenomenon. Some phenomenon are caused by triboluminescence, some of the phenomenon are caused by sundogs, ball lightning, lenticular clouds etc etc.

If we take the 5% figure as the residue that cannot be explained by natural means then that leaves us with 50,000 cases a year worldwide that have "no seeming natural explanation". They are, more often than not, an affront to that we understand as our reality and its' rules. Therein lies the key to one day hopefully, managing to begin to understand the phenomenon. Now, just like god, there is an argument that carries some weight that, UFOs are a physical manifestation of our own collective psyche, hence they were the "folk who lived under the hill" a 1000 years ago and now, they are the "space brethren". Even so and given that might be a possible explanation it still leaves us with the thorny scientific question as to, how do we physically manage to manifest our collective subconscious?

The simple accepted "truth" amongst those I choose to hang with is that, wyrd shit begats wyrd shit. Whether that's a self fulfilling prophecy or, merely the awakening to the simple fact we actually live in a far freaking weirder existence that we yet understand, is the topic for discussion.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
21:27, Tue 21 May
It doesn't matter what I mean by God. My definition of God has no baring on anyone else's faith or lack thereof. Your belief in a God of any description is not reliant on me or my definition in any way. Stop squirming and answer the question - whatever type of God or supreme being you like, do you believe in God and do you believe aliens visit earth in spacecraft?

Scared?