21:30, Tue 21 May
Firstly I did not say I believed in Aliens and secondly just saying the words ‘there is as much scientific evidence that god exists as aliens do’ means absolutely nothing.

Please give me one single piece of evidence that god exists.

Why are there so many different types of religion if it’s so contagoric that god is real?

Maybe try and look at the subject from a different angle.....what is more likely to be proved in the next 10 years;

1) That God the almighty exists

or

2) That other life forms beyond planet earth exist

Bear in mind that no one in the last gizillion years has proved that God exists but mankind has only been studying the potential of life forms beyond our planet for roughly 70 years.
21:32, Tue 21 May
No Steve, the topic for discussion is do you believe in God and do you believe aliens visit earth in spacecraft?

Your discussion comes after those questions are answered, and a very interesting discussion it would be.
21:35, Tue 21 May
QBBC2
Same place as the evidence that alien spacecraft visit earth, in people's minds.

Where's the evidence God doesn't exist?

Thats a cop-out answer. If there is no evidence then it don't exist.
21:39, Tue 21 May
Couple of questions ds259, the second relates directly to the first.

How come you don't have to prove anything but I do?

How about you prove that God doesn't exist? No-one in the last "gizillion" years has managed to prove he doesn't, "contogorically" or otherwise.

I don't care one way or the other, all I'm asking is if you believe God exists and/or if you believe aliens exist and visit earth in UFOs. Let's start by you saying whether or not you believe, then we can get to the why's and wherefore's. Why are you all so scared to say you believe in something?
21:44, Tue 21 May
QBBC2
Same place as the evidence that alien spacecraft visit earth, in people's minds.

So aliens and their spacecraft don't exist?

What was there before the Big Bang and where did 'it' come from? No evidence, you see, so it can't have happened...
21:48, Tue 21 May
QBBC2
QBBC2

So aliens and their spacecraft don't exist?

What was there before the Big Bang and where did 'it' come from? No evidence, you see, so it can't have happened...

The evidence does not have to be seen or witnessed by you or I.
I have never, as far as I am aware, seen a UFO. But there is so much evidenced sightings so maybe they do exist.
21:56, Tue 21 May
Quick question - do you smoke weed?

There is no evidence of aliens in spaceships, there are sightings of UFOs (the clue is in the name, they're unidentified) but that's only evidence of things beyond our current comprehension being explained away as aliens. Same thing could be argued about God. People see evidence of things that cannot be explained by our current comprehension and choose to believe it's proof that God exists.

So, do you believe in God and do you believe aliens visit earth in spaceships?
21:59, Tue 21 May
I don’t believe god exists (happy now?)

Why would I need to prove that god doesn’t exist??

So if I said to you ‘I can shoot laser beams out of my backside’ and your response was ‘No you can’t’.....would you accept a retort of:-

‘Well, you can't prove I can’t so it’s true’. I very much doubt it, you’d say I was talking b****cks.
22:02, Tue 21 May
QBBC2
Quick question - do you smoke weed?

There is no evidence of aliens in spaceships, there are sightings of UFOs (the clue is in the name, they're unidentified) but that's only evidence of things beyond our current comprehension being explained away as aliens. Same thing could be argued about God. People see evidence of things that cannot be explained by our current comprehension and choose to believe it's proof that God exists.

So, do you believe in God and do you believe aliens visit earth in spaceships?

I don't believe in god

I believe in UFOs

Aliens. What is an Alien. Could be anything. Not seen any evidence though.
22:09, Tue 21 May
You don't need to prove that God doesn't exist but you asked me to prove that he does so fair's fair. You don't believe he does, which is your prerogative. You may be right, you may be wrong and you have no evidence either way but still you believe. Great.

If you genuinely believed that you could shoot laser beams out of your arse, despite a lack of evidence, then no amount of scepticism on my part would dissuade you.

So, do you believe aliens visit earth in spaceships?
22:17, Tue 21 May
I don't believe in god

I believe in UFOs

But what do you believe UFOs to be? It would be silly of anyone not to believe in them but that's hardly the point. The point is they are unidentified and therefore open to conjecture. Some believe them to be aliens in spacecraft, others believe they are not. Some can be explained away (sometimes satisfactorily) others cannot but if they exist then there has to be some explanation even if there is no proof (and sightings of UFOs are only proof that something unidentified was sighted, not that it was aliens, black ops, a chinese lantern, AnE's ego etc)
22:32, Tue 21 May
It’s quite obvious that you have a distain towards the idea of other life forms within our solar system or solar systems beyond our knowledge. You use terms such as ‘UFO’s’’, ‘spacecraft’ and ‘Alien’ because (in your mind) it belittles other peoples beliefs or theories (or even hopes) You post in an aggressive fashion particularly in relation to this topic because you think that people will listen to your point of view more by doing so.

All I know is that currently there is a lot of scientific and evidential research being undertaken on this subject and who knows maybe they’ll prove that there’s something out there maybe they won’t
22:50, Tue 21 May
QBBC2
I don't believe in god

I believe in UFOs

But what do you believe UFOs to be? It would be silly of anyone not to believe in them but that's hardly the point. The point is they are unidentified and therefore open to conjecture. Some believe them to be aliens in spacecraft, others believe they are not. Some can be explained away (sometimes satisfactorily) others cannot but if they exist then there has to be some explanation even if there is no proof (and sightings of UFOs are only proof that something unidentified was sighted, not that it was aliens, black ops, a chinese lantern, AnE's ego etc)

How would I know what a UFO is or whats in it. If you choose to disbelieve everything thats up to you just as i don't believe in god or Jesus for that matter. I just think there is more modern evidence out there to support the existence of UFOs.
Some people don't believe that man landed on the moon. Most of those people are young folks who were not around when it happened and like to read conspiracy theories.
There is still no modern evidence to support the existence of God or Jesus.

Oh I forgot, there is a book.
22:53, Tue 21 May
I think you'll find that using terms such as 'UFOs', 'spacecraft' and 'alien' are entirely necessary when talking about UFOs, spacecraft and aliens. That you somehow 'know' that in my mind it belittles people's beliefs or theories is again you projecting. All I've done is ask questions. How people interpret them is their concern. People are quick enough to belittle others for believing in God or whatever and you're doing your very best to belittle me now, which is kinda cute.

I'm interested to know if the people who believe that some UFOs are aliens in spacecraft also believe in God, identified or otherwise. It's a fairly simple premise yet it's getting certain people all of a dither. Why is that?
22:59, Tue 21 May
QBBC2
I think you'll find that using terms such as 'UFOs', 'spacecraft' and 'alien' are entirely necessary when talking about UFOs, spacecraft and aliens. That you somehow 'know' that in my mind it belittles people's beliefs or theories is again you projecting. All I've done is ask questions. How people interpret them is their concern. People are quick enough to belittle others for believing in God or whatever and you're doing your very best to belittle me now, which is kinda cute.

I'm interested to know if the people who believe that some UFOs are aliens in spacecraft also believe in God, identified or otherwise. It's a fairly simple premise yet it's getting certain people all of a dither. Why is that?

So are you linking god to aliens and UFOs