If it’s true that’s horrendous. And even worse some think we’ve got to pay Jotas wages for the next 2 years , so our wage bill hasn’t lowered 😁
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
18:01, Wed 12 Jun
Jacques Moran
That's an awful deal for us

Only because we overpaid when we signed him from Brentford. Had we spend £3-4million, which he was probably worth, then this deal wouldn’t be the end of the world
18:07, Wed 12 Jun
Embarrassing.
18:12, Wed 12 Jun
HG20
Jacques Moran

Only because we overpaid when we signed him from Brentford. Had we spend £3-4million, which he was probably worth, then this deal wouldn’t be the end of the world

We wouldn't have got him for 3 or 4 million - you usually only get players of that proven quality for that cheap when it's Blues selling them
18:18, Wed 12 Jun
Jacques Moran
HG20
Jacques Moran

We wouldn't have got him for 3 or 4 million - you usually only get players of that proven quality for that cheap when it's Blues selling them

You’re right, we wouldn’t. But we were happy to overspend because we treated that summer was like we were playing football manager. Not even factoring in his wages. That overspending in the beginning is what makes this look like a terrible deal. This deal is actually quite a good one when you compare it to that
18:30, Wed 12 Jun
HG20
Jacques Moran
HG20
Jacques Moran

You’re right, we wouldn’t. But we were happy to overspend because we treated that summer was like we were playing football manager. Not even factoring in his wages. That overspending in the beginning is what makes this look like a terrible deal. This deal is actually quite a good one when you compare it to that

The fact is we have made a considerable loss on him and sold him to our local rivals for relative peanuts and they are laughing at us. The worst bit of the deal when we bought him was not so much the fee but the salary. And that's the main reason this has been forced on us. Didn't we offer double what another club did to get him to sign? We are back to selling on the cheap again as a result of poor recruitment.
18:45, Wed 12 Jun
It’s not a fact at all.

It’s from an unfounded tweet.
@Bluewurst1875
18:47, Wed 12 Jun
Blue H
+ GG is what we received for Jota
[twitter.com]

B.S.

Fees were, and still are, undisclosed.

Why do you all fall for tweeted rubbish?
19:03, Wed 12 Jun
B_C_F_C
Blue H
[twitter.com]

B.S.

It’s a miserable Wednesday night, season is still months away and there’s feck all on the tv.

Just to pass the time I suppose.

If it is true, then the worst thing is we’ve inflated the price of a player that wasn’t even on their bench to be used in a cut price deal for our most creative player.
20:09, Wed 12 Jun
Fcuk a vile fannyter page. if Captain Chip Pisser says this is on the the mark or there abouts we know where in for a trash season ahead.
20:14, Wed 12 Jun
B_C_F_C
Blue H
[twitter.com]

B.S.

It’s correct. I mentioned this ages ago before the deal was even signed. I know someone very close to it all. Mayor heard the same.
20:19, Wed 12 Jun
If that's the case then we are bust as as club/holding company or scared of the efl to the max.
You decide.
J
01:29, Thu 13 Jun
Firstly, it's rubbish. There's no way we only received 2m and even if we did, this guy wouldn't know.

Secondly, even if we received 2m +GG, it's still not as bad of a deal as some are making out. We got two seasons out of him and it didn't click. We recouped half of the fee (or more, depending how you value GG) and got 40k per week plus bonuses off the books - well over 2m a year.

I was a fan. I didn't think 6m was an extortionate fee based on the season he had at Brentford and the market rate. He just wasn't that effective and doesn't fit the style GM is trying to get us playing. One thing is for sure, he won't cut it in the Prem.
Cheery Chappy Charcy
People who read books are mugs. If it is good enough it will be on TV.
06:27, Thu 13 Jun
J
It's silly season again where everyone knows someone who knows something and will come on here liberally sharing it all until they actually get asked to back up their knowledge with a source, at which point they clam up, or simply throw some bloke from twitter up.
06:53, Thu 13 Jun
HG20
Jacques Moran
HG20
Jacques Moran

The fact is we have made a considerable loss on him and sold him to our local rivals for relative peanuts and they are laughing at us. The worst bit of the deal when we bought him was not so much the fee but the salary. And that's the main reason this has been forced on us. Didn't we offer double what another club did to get him to sign? We are back to selling on the cheap again as a result of poor recruitment.
I've had a viller at work spend the last 8 months telling me our star signing is shit and on those wages no one will have him off you....

I swiftly went to see him to 'tell me his thoughts'.